1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

a few looks before game2

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bingfei236, Apr 20, 2009.

1. bingfei236

bingfei236 Member

First of all , congrate Rox played a wonderful game!

Before the serise start, I always thought the first game is most important of this serise. Look at the portland city how excited they back to playoffs, listen to the fans chant.....(even i don;t get why they did when they behind 30), we can feel the emotion wave. Now we schooled those young players about experience, and it is time for us to refocus in game2.

here are some thoughts:

One thing i believe in Blazers Edge post, we're not gonna shot that well in the game2. Sure, it looks like almost every player in our roster has showed up last game. However, we have to understand everything happened because of yao set the tone for the team, which i think it is hard to happen again, at least not that easy(allow me to laugh at J. Przybilla's one on one VS yao commands here,what a joke).So what happen if yao being front is still question mark in this serise.

Second, one of most important factors why we win so easily in game1 is Scola;s defense on L. Aldridge. I have watched lots Blazer game lately, the main reason their deep bench did not show is L. Aldridge can't demand double teams. So their 3point shooters like R. Fernandez has no chance simplely because their bench can't creat thier own shots beside Outlaw. Not metion Scola was on fire on the offense end. Like many friends, I think L. Aldridge is huge factor in this serise, we will see how he play in game2.

After game one , we might see some adjustment from Portland side

1. Front yao(everyone knonws)

2. We might see a lot J. Bayless VS Brooks,

3. C. Frye had some success play yao we might see him

I have read almost 1000+ posts after game one, i'm sick of Blazer' fan complained about ref about phsical play of Ron and team. Guys, it is playoffs
    it is where game should be tougher, it is dog fight!!! I guess that is another thing they need to learn in the playoffs.

2. NafeesLACC

NafeesLACC Member

Are you high? Channing Frye? thats like saying Brian Cook make it difficult in practice for Yao to get position