1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A&E to air Reality Show based on KKK families

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by DFWRocket, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

The human?

2. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

That isn't understanding hate, that is understanding that it exists.

Now, this series may have been a staged piece of garbage, and it would be putting money in the hands of people for the wrong reasons, but it could have also been an interesting insight into these people and into the families that are embarrassed by them.

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Understanding that hate exists goes hand in hand with understanding hate. Being confronted with a blatant expression of hate is quite an educational tool for someone who's eyes are open and willing to learn.

4. amaru

amaru Member

Smh. They should have aired it

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

With all due respect Deckard - I appreciate that you recognize racism and hate, but that doesn't mean you understand it. Do you understand WHY people become racist? Why do people become disgusted with another race or people? What makes people feel the need to value some people's lives less than others.

The answers are in our own hearts because this stuff exists in everyone. It's universal. We are all capable of hate and have all hated someone for being different in our lifetimes. We are capable of it because we're evolved to stick with our own social groups and see outsiders as a threat. Most people don't understand this, and I think it's critical to stopping hate is to understand how human of a thing it actually is.

bigdaddy likes this.
  6. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I don't disagree.

I understand not wanting these KKK members to get a dime. I understand not wanting to give them a platform. I understand not wanting them to come of as sympathetic figures. I do however think we should learn more about these people.

7. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

This is why Chappelle quit Hollywood. It's a sick place that only cares about money while telling everyone who will listen that they don't.

That said, I love it when people expose themselves and their communities voluntarily.

JeffB likes this.
  8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I think this generation can certainly benefit from learning more about the KKK, its history, and what its doing today. I just don't think, as you point out in your post, that they should be given a platform for expressing their views, not when it's being given in a search for ratings. There is a huge amount of information about them waiting to be discovered by the curious. While I've already had "lessons" about the Klan, many today may not truly understand what they are about. The truth is out there.

9. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Can you imagine if a full blown domestic terrorist group were offered their own reality show? I can't. Oh wait.

RocketWalta and leroy like this.
  10. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Yeah, that has nothing to do with anything, least of all in this thread. The guy burned out and had raised his profile enough as a stand-up that he could sign a long term booking deal instead of paying half his take on travel and lodging.

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Will Smith set to produce Saudi Prince of Bel Air. It's about a young immigrant's zany adventures and misunderstandings inside an exclusive community.

His son will be cast as the star and Charlie Sheen as the down on his luck FBI field agent.

Deckard likes this.
  12. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well, maybe klan members can get book deals from Simon and Schuster to share with the world their way of dealing with economic anxiety?

13. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Those Emmett Till guys sold their story to Look magazine, no double jeopardy.

#53 Dairy Ashford, Dec 30, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  14. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Shocker: "reality" TV shows have faked scenes.

16. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

It wasn't supposed to be "reality" tv. It was supposed to be a docu-series. There's supposed to be a difference.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm sure that was a joke, but were it real, I'd watch the pilot! ;)

18. RocketWalta

RocketWalta Member

You'd watch it!? A&E is on it, then. Here's the tentative theme song:

Iiiiiiiiiiin Saudi Arabia, born and raised, in Madrassa is where I spent most of my days,
    studying Koran, in the sand, all cool and all playing football at the royal mansion next to the pool.
    When a couple of guys, they were up to no good!
    -starting waging Jihad in the neighborhood!
    I strapped on one little bomb and Baba got pissed he said,
    "كنت الانتقال الى بيل اير"
    I whistled for a camel and when it walked up the black flag said "There is no God but Allah" and it had lice on the hump!
    If anything I could see that these we're bad guys but I said, "ah Whatever, I'm guess I'm radicalized!"

(doo doo doo doo doo dooo do)

I. pulled. up to the house of the infidels and I yelled up at the windows "you will burn in a thousand hells!"
    I looked at my cell phone but the thing had malfunctioned, and I said, "Forget this, I'm a prince, I'm going to a private luncheon."

:D
    Forgive me if I offended anybody. I am but an uncultured American.

19. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

I've preordered Milo's book. It's an Amazon best seller, you know

20. Buck Turgidson

What color Crayons does it come with?