1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A disastrous summer for Stone

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Oct 29, 2021.

1. dmoneybangbang

Boo this fake Rockets fan….

Has she ever posted anything positive?

2. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

He's a smaller guard that looked like he really struggled to score. He did score though it just looked like it he had to try extra hard. With the ref swallowing their whistles if you can't finish through contact it's really going to be a problem.

Joe Rocket likes this.
  3. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

To be fair the rockets thought they had one in KPJ. I am disapointed his shooting is better but his playmaking is god awful and I honestly thought that he would improve from last year. He still needs time but before the season started I thought he needed less than he seems to need. He honestly look like the small forward we need he's a slasher and can make threes we just need a real point guard.

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Kind of funny you are making that judgement so quickly while crying any time someone points out that Green has been terrible thus far....

KPJ has struggled with turnovers, but a lot of those turnovers were chemistry issues and fouls that weren't called. We've already seen that he can be a very good of PG.... so people saying he can't are clearly just trying to make him a fall guy for a player who is looking even worse thus far

5. Dash

Dash Member

Never usually agree with ashleyem but Barnes does a seem like a 2 way superstar that would mesh well with our hole at SF.

And Theis has been absolute ass, watching Olynk **** on the Magic tonight makes me miss him so much. Should have kept Olynk to come off our bench.

Wall/Augustin
    Porter/Gordon
    Barnes/Tate
    Wood/Olynk
    Sengun/Olynk

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Nobody had Barnes at 2.

I was one of the few who liked Barnes as much as Green but even I didnt have Barnes at 2. The idea was trading down for Barnes but that was impossible cuz the Raps were gonna take him at 4. So if Stone really did trade down to get Barnes he'd have been screwed by the Raps and ended up with Suggs who is looking like the bust of this class right now.

I dont regret picking Green over Mobley. Offense is more valuable in the NBA....WAY MORE VALUABLE. Jamal Murray or PJ Tucker who makes more money? No defense James Harden or Trevor Ariza who is the all star? Talking about the early success between Mobley and Green is dumb cuz the Rox are tanking right now, what they're doing on the court RN doesnt matter.

Mr Woods likes this.
  7. HookemHorns1250

....I honestly just don't get it. The kid is 19, it's been what, four games? Are we seriously judging Stone after that? I'm so confused.

Denovo and Williamson like this.
  8. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I can’t front tho, Scottie Barnes is ballin’

Denovo and D-rock like this.
  9. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

He got us Sengun! A+

D-rock likes this.
  10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Sengun started the last game.

Sengun would not average 20/10 just yet because he is still foul prone.

Guess who is not foul prone or turnover prone while still averaging similar 3 APG and putting up efficient 15/10 as well as making All Defense team?

11. D-rock

D-rock Member

I do watch the games and this take is weak.

It's not the 15 point average that makes Mobley special.

Mobley may be a double double machine on offense while also being the tertiary playmaker, but it's his all around defense, BBIQ and ability to play without fouling that is elite.

On top of that, Mobley is 33% from 3 and 80% at FT.

12. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

first, we should all agree its way too early to tell. second, lets say for this thought experiment that mobley remains the better player long term. assume the rockets have another top 5 pick next year. Maybe stone figured he can get a big next year since the top of the draft is loaded with them. Chet, Banchero, Duren, nzosa, jovic, smith... and only 1 alpha scoring guard, hardy.

to me, the choice was to get the alpha scorer now because you probably can't next year. but you can probably land a defensive big next year, and may already have one or two this year in sengun and garuba. so its hard for me to look at green vs mobley in a bubble like that. when you look at overall roster composition green is easier to build around with pick 16 and another top 5 pick next year.

think of it like this. if you drafted mobley, who would you pick at 16 that was available then, and who would you pick next year outside the top 3 (Chet, Banchero, hardy). and ask yourself which roster would you rather have?

if I drafted mobley I'd still probably draft sengun at 16 since he's far and away the best player available. so I'm pretty happy with my talent level and fit at the 4/5. but then next year I have to trade down or reach for a guard or SF (again assume you don't luck into Chet, Banchero, or hardy). or you can take trey Murphy over sengun, then draft another big next year. I'm not in love with it.

I do love the potential of pairing green, sengun, and one of the PFs from next year like jovic. I think that trio wins more games until the mobley-build can find an alpha perimeter scorer.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Time will tell, whether this was a good draft, a great draft or just an average one.

I do think we should be playing Wall though, just to show some folks how to protect the ball and play PG, and then trade him.

DD

BonziWellsGOAT likes this.
  14. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Is this a real post? Are you even a Rockets fan? WTF

BonziWellsGOAT, hakeem94 and 7uche like this.
  15. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

He also scored 2 points tonight. You know what you guys can have this Mobley conversation and btw when I said that he averaged 26% from three at the time he was. You know cuz it early and they are rookies. Since you love Mobley sooo much go be a cavs fan im sick of it. Im sick of this ****ing board.

BonziWellsGOAT likes this.
  16. 7uche

7uche Member

nothing is stopping you from supporting the Cavs.

I’ll be here two years from now when we can have better evaluation

17. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Cade had 2 points today, mobley had 2 points today. Stones summer is saved! Detroit messed up on the first pick!
    This take is idiotic obviously just like any take that is conclusive about any of the rookies.

I also don't get why we have to have one rocket to cheer for and one rocket to blame. I hope we don't have too many kpj only fans bc green only fans don't need another Jones vs dmo

BonziWellsGOAT and hakeem94 like this.
  18. berkowsk

berkowsk Member

Are we putting evan mobley on cannon after 2-4-4 performance. ( Btw i did not watch the game) or say this is a rookie struggle. if we use second argument, aren't we hypocrites against our own team's rookies?

19. prodigy08

prodigy08 Clutchfans Lurker

OP just lost all credibility by having a title of "Team Green" and hating on Jalen Green at the same time. Probably time to fix that first before posting this thread.

20. BonziWellsGOAT

Crisis averted