1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A disastrous summer for Stone

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Oct 29, 2021.

1. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

I sucked my first week of NBA 2k21 lol Anyway i have posted something to this it feels like a million times on this board facts dont seem to work.

Ramo$e likes this.
  2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Blowing the #2 pick sucks, and certainly at least potentially set the franchise back a bit, but they'll almost certainly have another shot at it next draft.

Even then, Green may one day end up a decent player, so it might not be a complete waste unless he fails to improve.

3. Tato1971

Tato1971 Member

As usual, the overreactions only speak of how little some fans use their brains.
    First, I don't think the current coaching staff is the right one for this team, but blaming Silas for the Rockets' poor performance last season is the stupidest thing I've read in a long time.
    Second, Wall's trade value is negative even though he has minutes on the team. I might agree with the argument that Green would learn a lot more with Wall on the court, but the commercial value argument doesn't make any sense.
    Third, some fans should understand that this team is NOT in winning mode right now. Stone managed to garner a huge pool of draft picks and possibly selected two of the most promising prospects of his generation. Is that having a disastrous summer? Come on people, be patient!

Ramo$e and i3artow i3aller like this.
  4. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

You were arguing this point until I proved you wrong and then you moved to something else LMAO

5. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Mobley is a good defender but he also has Allen defending the paint while he defends much smaller players. Its clear Mobley is going to be a star thats not my point though. My point is no matter who we got Silas would have them looking like a bust. Sengun is one of the best defenders in the draft and he has him coming off of the bench and as I showed earlier if Sengun were starting even in this horrible offense his numbers would be just as good as Mobleys thats how good Sengun is but you dont see it because of Silas playing Theis so much. Mobley plays twice the minutes Sengun does and is averaging 15 and 8 and Sengun is 9 and 4 now double his minutes and see what happens.

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's just a lame excuse for Green looking bad. Sengun looks just fine and doesn't need those excuses.

Despite getting a lot more playing time than he deserves, Green has looked really terrible. With a different coach, on a different team, Green wouldn't be starting....so if anything Silas is helping him out by giving him more opportunity than he deserves.

Williamson, palmsnbananas and Milos like this.
  7. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

You're replying to a post where im saying Sengun looks good and is just as good as Mobley that Sengun looks good? Are you stupid? Then you threw in some **** about Jalen in a post about Sengun. I already know all about your hate for Jalen and im not here for your cherry picked stats. Have a nice life. Should have done that when I saw you post that racist nonsense a few months ago.

#87 Joe Rocket, Oct 30, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2021
    Ramo$e, xtruroyaltyx and Squirtle like this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Oh, apparently I have to spell things out for you.

Here goes kiddo.

You were making excuses for why Green has looked terrible in all but one game, while trying to detract from the accomplishments of others. I was pointing out that your excuses are stupid.....you know, because they are incredibly stupid.

You blame Green's awful performances on Silas, or KPJ, or grand conspiracies....anything you can come up with. Sengun is in the same situation, yet still looks good, showing that your nonsense is incredibly stupid.

It's okay killer, Green is struggling right now, it's not anyone else's fault nor is it reason to panic. Your child is going to be fine, so you can stop embarrassing yourself by going after everyone else making excuses.

9. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

First point is valid though it's hard to compare Barnes who is on a veteran team with a pg that helps him to green who plays with players still trying to figure each other out. How about we give them atleast half a season before we declare anyone anything????

Coaching staff will eventually go but no one fires a coaching staff after one year after the roster turnover and injuries they had. ... Playing wall isn't helping his trade value. Playing him doesn't make his salary any less and playing him only increases chances of him getting hurt.

10. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Honestly I think green has looked good. He is in a slump which kids trying to make a good impression can get into but he is getting his shots and starting to get foul calls. I am appalled that people are so quick to draw conclusions on a kid who hasn't even played double digit games

Joe Rocket likes this.
  11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well, I mean, he hasn't. He's been essentially terrible in nearly every game.

He's had one game where he was shooting out of his mind and the rest he's been terrible.....but that's to be expected, he's a streaky rather than good shooter who relies on his athleticism for his offensive output. He's been blocked 8 times at the rim thus far because he's finding out that in the NBA it's not quite as easy as it was in the G League, that he'll need to develop the mental side of the game.

And that's just on offense, which is the best part of his game. He's completely lost on defense.

As of right now, he's not a starting caliber player.....but he'll keep starting because he's being pushed as the face of the franchise until they draft next year.

Those of us with reasonable expectations for him aren't surprised by his struggles, it was clear that it was going to take him some time given that he doesn't have an NBA body and he's more of an athlete than a basketball player at this point. Give him a few years and he might be a positive player, and that's why no one should panic. Well, unless you were one of those who were trying to say he was the next MJ or whatever, but those aren't serious people, those are Green fanbois.

Noob Cake likes this.
  12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Why is everybody so mad lol

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's the same reason why Lin fans were so angry when they realized Linsanity was a fluke. Green fans are starting to realize that he's not the next coming of MJ and they are lashing out.

It'll die down eventually as they adjust their expectations.

14. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I was looking for this the other day to respond to this thread and couldn't find it .....

Os Trigonum and Joe Rocket like this.
  15. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

Green is a 19 year old kid, a natural freak athlete with a legit knack for scoring and the deep ball. He just needs to get stronger, develop his creation for others (which is already there), figure out how to play basketball and tighten his handle. He needs work but like Mobley and Barnes he has IT. It will just take time. It's been like what two weeks or something??! Relax!!

16. Squirtle

Squirtle Member

Not blown at all.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Them Jon Snows.

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  18. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

because we ****ing suck again !!!!!

granted ... 5 games in ...

also granted .. we look like a chicken with its head cut off and you have to figure we should have been planning for some structure since july. Its not like the roster got overhauled since the summer.

Joe Rocket likes this.
  19. Sengun

Sengun Member

Jalen Suggs looks like trash. I knew before the draft, he was going to be bust.

Ramo$e likes this.
  20. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

All you kids are over reacting!! I didn't even want to draft Green I was pro Evan Mobley but Green will be fine. He is here now. He is not the only guard struggling to start the season. The refs are really swallowing their whistles. If he got just half the calls he should have peoples tones would be different. This I why I said the G league was not a good indicator of production at the pro level. Yes Jalen is used to 3 point line and pro reps .....it is still different in the NBA. If G league was so good those players wouldn't be down there they would be in the league.

Sengun shouldn't even be compared to Green experience. Sengun was Turkish league in MVP of other grown vets with 6+ years pro experience under their belt at a high level. Expectation for Sengun immediate impact SHOULD be high, unlike Jalen Greens.

BonziWellsGOAT and daywalker02 like this.