1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A different future.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets4life!, Dec 12, 2009.

Tags:
  1. rockets4life!

rockets4life! Member

If the T-mac trade never went down, where do you think the rockets would be now..? Do you guys think we would have traded for another super star? or do you think we woulda kept the core of francis-Mobley-Yao? I know we wouldn't have the cast we have now, but just a fun thought.

2. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

We'd have some other starts via draft.

3. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

OR trade

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Mobley would have been traded. They didn't like the duo together. Maybe with Cato for Allen?

5. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

As much as I hated the Tracy/Francis, Mobley, Cato trade, I'd don't feel like they'd still be around. Francis broke down mentally and apparently physically. His ego probably needed to come down to earth a bit. Mobley did great after he settled down in L.A.. I know he has heart problems, but I still believe he can still play quality basketball. He probably would have stuck around the longest. I'm not even gonna mention Cato he was just a trading piece.

All this hinges on JVG though, He didn't want flashy players. He rather have defense over offense. He'd rather have strong defensive players with limited offensive skills. See Chuck Hayes, Rafer, and Shane. I love these guys now, but they do struggle offensively.

Personally there was a time when a Tracy/Kobe trade was rumored around here and I was all for that. Many said Kobe was poison, but who has the championship and who is really the poison? Just image if we had Kobe on this team of Rockets? WOW!!!

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Didn't francis career end after they separate them. Why does francis have a reason to get up w/o mobley.

7. cjstukenholtz

cjstukenholtz Member

I just wonder if Orlando Magic fans will ever bother to look at this thread, or John Weisbrod, for that matter.

On magicmadness.net, I still don't see any threads on the current T-Mac situation.

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This was still the correct deal. We couldn't win a title with Steve Francis.

While Tmac has brought drama and disappointment, Steve Francis fell out of the NBA cause he never developed into a good NBA point guard or two guard.

If Tmac leaves the Rockets, he's not going to get waived by the Grizzlies.
    Tmac still is an NBA player, not Steve.