1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A Crime was just committed

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 10, 2002.

Tags:
  1. dreday

dreday Contributing Member

Can anyone explain to me how you get a technical for throwing a ball at the feet of another player to escape a 5 second call. What game was the ref watching? I don't even want to get into the second call because I'm still trying to make sence of the first one. Calls like that make you wonder. How wrong is Mark Cuban? Really???:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

The Eddie pick call was awful -- especially compared to the HUGE number of moving screens that the Jazz were running.

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

My email to NBA.com

BTW-

First, there is no 5 second rule in the NBA. Steve threw the ball at the player's feet because he was being fouled out of bounds and didnt want to turn it over.

Second, in my opinion, the moving pick is the most poorly called play in basketball. The picker is either moving or he isnt. More often than not he isn't yet no foul is called. While I think that Stockton flopped on the play, Eddie was not square yet as Cuttino started driving too soon. The problem is if its not a foul on on end, it shouldnt be on the other and the rule should be taken out of the rule book.

#43 JayZ750, Jan 10, 2002
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2002
  4. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

Ok, this might be the scariest I have ever read on this board. I mean, if these types of BS calls start to affect clutch's love of the game, then that means he would start to consider shutting the best internet site down.

5. montgo

montgo Contributing Member

i have never believed that the refs cost us a game...ever...but this time, I know we shot 39% and had bad shot selection, but the ejection cost us dearly....

i am also so tired of hearing, "Malone and Stockton will get those calls" I understand that a vet is going to get benefit of a doubt in the skill part of the game--you know an extra step here, a foul call there, but not benefit of bad acting and bad refs. everyone knows of the acting that takes place, yet they still call it...

the technical fouls, the ejection, the no foul shots on Torres, the EG pick call, the foul on that freakin Russkie from Mobes, the shooting foul on Malone behind the basket with no possible shot....i am certain it goes on and on and on......

6. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This whole game was a joke:

-Malone elbows Willis in the chin, Willis gets a foul called.
    -Stockton does the biggest flop job on a pick, Griff was frozen, and they call a foul.
    -Malone levels Griff to the floor with his off arm, no call.
    -Some phantom foul on Andrei "owned by Griffin" Kirilenko going for an out of control reverse layup
    -Torres in the air going right to the basket, gets fouled, and they see he was on the floor?
    -Malone behind the basket throwing the ball up, and in the act of shooting?

Steve was nowhere NEAR an elbow. He move his freaking upper body! Is the NBA going to allow no torso movements of any kind?

The players are judged on performance. Franchises are judged on performance. The refs should be too.

And this was a combined 2-17 with 8 turnovers type of game.

7. Axeman

Axeman Member

Joey Crawford has always been a prick to the Rockets. He hated Barkley and Clyde and never gave Hakeem ANY calls. Hakeem could have three guys hanging on him and Crawford would just sit there without making any calls.

You would hope that he had forgotten about the first technical and maybe didn't realize he was calling the second until after he called it. But, I doubt it. The first tech was totally ludicrous as well, considering that Francis was making a hustle play and probably didn't have time to react to the whistle.

Maybe Mark Cuban has a point. I was getting sick of him whining all the time but with crap like this going on it's no wonder he won't shut his trap. Rudy would probably love to call the refs out every chance he got, but his pockets aren't even 1/100th as deep as Cuban's. Now, I hope Cuban keeps talking sh*t until the NBA finally does something about it. Yeah, right. Like they actually will.

And one more thing... Let's not forget that the NBA (and all professional sports) are a business first and a game second. Money is the prime factor. Now, this game was a small dent in the NBA season. But, this is another thing that disgusts me about the league. Who wants to watch a sport that is practically rigged where players get preferential treatment? I sure as hell don't. These guys are making millions of dollars and they're getting punked by these joke refs when they should be allowed to showcase their talents by getting fair calls.

The league has become a promotion tool for stars and corporate endorsements. It's no longer about the game. That's what's sad to me. Whatever happened to honest, good, old fashioned sportsmanship?

Oh, and by the way, the draft lottery has been rigged ever since they stopped showing the ping-pong balls live on TV. That to me shows just how ludicrous the league has become.

#47 Axeman, Jan 10, 2002
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2002
  8. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

I'm sick of these idiots. It's bad enough to throw people out of the game but when you're throwing star players, or key players out of the game it's a joke. You're taking away from the fans and a team just because you're on an ego trip. If David Stern doesn't do something about this then he's a big a problem as anything. He wonders why attendance is down, and ratings are down, it's because of crap like this! I'm sick of looking at the NBA is full of bullcrap. If you want to be on T.V. don't officiate a game, just get a freaking camera and point it at your face and then send it in. I'm done with this crap. NBA officials, David Stern, you can have this league. I'm watching college basketball. I might yell at officials there, but at least they're not bad.

9. dreday

dreday Contributing Member

Does anyone else find it f@%$&* up that ESPN and NBA.com TV have nothing to say about the game or the f#^$@#^ calls:confused: :mad: :confused: :mad:

10. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

I was particularly please with Bill and Calvin calling out the refs and hating on the Jazz more than I've ever seen them do. Not only did they call the ejection horrible (who wouldn't) but continually said they couldn't believe some of the stuff the refs were calling. Calvin even said something to the effect of "you're only as good as the refs will let you be" one time. And one time Calvin said how wasn't that a foul and Bill said "because Malone said it wasn't." I loved it. And they talked about all the Jazz flopping and dirty play more than usual. Thanx for standing up for the team a little tonight when they needed it. Pathetic performance by the refs. I was almost starting to forget how horrible they could be when we played the Jazz but they gave me a perfect reminder. And this is why the Jazz are hands down the most hated team in the league.

Well that was some good rambling.

11. freckle03

freckle03 Member

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
    i need to know what francis thought of those two horrific calls.. did he really not hear the whistle blow when he threw it off the jazz? i dunno about the other one. i broke my desk when he was tossed.

12. tariq

tariq Member

I haven't posted in a while...and you guys know why I am posting now...cuz I AM PISSED!!!

Joe Crawford is terrible and I hate him, but still, I hate the Jazz more, with passion!

Its good to know that Malone and Stockton will never get their rings!

I HATE THE JAZZ! I HATE THE JAZZ! I HATE THE JAZZ! I HATE THE JAZZ! I HATE THE JAZZ! I HATE THE JAZZ! I HATE THE JAZZ! I HATE THE JAZZ! I HATE THE JAZZ! I HATE THE JAZZ! I HATE THE JAZZ! I HATE THE JAZZ! I HATE THE JAZZ! I HATE THE JAZZ! I HATE THE JAZZ! I HATE THE JAZZ! I HATE THE JAZZ! I HATE THE JAZZ! I HATE THE JAZZ! I HATE THE JAZZ! I HATE THE JAZZ! I HATE THE JAZZ! I HATE THE JAZZ! I HATE THE JAZZ! I HATE THE JAZZ! I HATE THE JAZZ! I HATE THE JAZZ! I HATE THE JAZZ! I HATE THE JAZZ! I HATE THE JAZZ! I HATE THE JAZZ! I HATE THE JAZZ! I HATE THE JAZZ! I HATE THE JAZZ! I HATE THE JAZZ! I HATE THE JAZZ! I HATE THE JAZZ! I HATE THE JAZZ! I HATE THE JAZZ! I HATE THE JAZZ! I HATE THE JAZZ! I HATE THE JAZZ! I HATE THE JAZZ! I HATE THE JAZZ! I HATE THE JAZZ! I HATE THE JAZZ! I HATE THE JAZZ! I HATE THE JAZZ! I HATE THE JAZZ! I HATE THE JAZZ! I HATE THE JAZZ! I HATE THE JAZZ! I HATE THE JAZZ! I HATE THE JAZZ!

13. x34

x34 Member

14. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

This is it for me...bye bye...the game was fun while it lasted...the Rockets gave me chills and great thrills...but now the players are nothing but cogs in a merchandizing scheme...never again will i waste my night... i let go forever.

Crawford...refs...stern...you yuppie motherfockers have turned the greatest sport into nothing but a laughable farce.

15. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I didn't get to see the game but after hearing about what happened I am just sick...totally sick and pissed off!!! :mad: This zebra just screwed up a career night for our franchise player and just screwed us out of a win. Thanks Joey, thanks for nothing you Jazz kisser! :mad:

16. Band Geek Mobster

OOO, letter posting time!

Here's my letter to the NBA.

17. Prempeh

Prempeh Member

Good to see the fellas at NBA Tonight (ESPN) recognizing that the officiating in this game was questionable. They did say that overall Crawford was a good ref, but that he shouldn't have kicked Steve out of the game.

Proves to me this is not a case of our homerism getting in the way--that call was flat out ridiculous.

18. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I figured now would be a good time for my first post, i was completely shocked by what i saw, i think i went straight past mad into being numb. i think rudy's face explains it all, he didn't seem mad but he had this hopeless expression. anyway i watched for the replay, nba2night did a very good job of breaking it down even saying that both technicals were really bad, they then did a nice piece on the importance of the franchise to the team. never expected that from espn. nba.com tv was horrible though, the guy said francis throws an elbow at stockton, then gets 2 technicals for arguing. first of all he didnt throw an elbow, secondly he never argued, he left in a surprisingly calm manner. they don't even mention the first crappy t. either they don't look at any of the game or they choose to ignore the facts. wow

19. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

I sent them my letter and I'm sure everyone else here will do the same.

BTW when ya'll mention the obvious malone fouls ya'll left out the knee to the stomach he gave to Cato.

20. cheshire

cheshire Contributing Member

at least i can smile and say that the Jazz will never win a title till the next millenium....

they can rack all the regular season wins they want but they'll never win the one that counts...

for all their flopping and anti-spirit of the game prowess, even at their prime, the Jazz got crushed by the Bulls...