1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A couple of hypothetical trades I would like

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Aug 26, 2005.

1. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

Never thought about that one. The idea of adding Matt Harpring is very interesting. I have my doubts about Spanoullis, but then again, I have nothing to base that on. I definately would not be adverse to trading a lottery protected first rounder, based on the facts that we SHOULD not have a very high pick and the Rockets prior draft history.

2. Houston22

Houston22 Member

Houston sends Wesley to Utah for nozhing.
    So, the majority of Clutch fans can sleep well..

3. Phizz3l

Phizz3l Contributing Member

Wesley (+ a pick if needed) for James Posey

Miami and is jammed pack with forwards that play both forwards with Walker, Siemen and the 4 is filled with Haslem... They are you looking for a the services of Finley (for what reason i dont know but posey would be the odd man out)... so if the Finley deal doesnt happen, Wesley could get them a good back up for Wade and help at the PG where may loss D.Jones...

Rockets get a Solid 3 to back T-Mac and some that will not be a defensive liability if you give T-Mac some off-guard action...Posey may not be as consistance as Wesley, but does get hot on occasions when he is not being guarded...

I dont know if this trade would be regarded as a pipedream or farfetched but I thought its doable... the salary match enough and both team could benefit from the trade....

What do you guys think?

4. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't mind Antonio Davis and see if we could get NVE for crumbs to play for us. How much longer is Antonio Davis's contract?

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

If Posey is healthy, then yes, I'd like to bring him back to Houston. Ke would play 2/3.

If I had a wish list? Gerald Wallace or James Posey or Darius Miles, not in that order. Athletic defender who can run the floor.

6. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

I'll put it this way. when miles WANTS to play D, he can but he is the furthest thing from consistent. i just don't see miles earning his money or making this team better.

7. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Especially if Finley signs.

8. Phizz3l

Phizz3l Contributing Member

so does the trade still look far fetch now that finley is heading to SA

9. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I like the Antonio Davis, Al Harrington, and Matt Harpring deals.

All those guys are pretty good team players, too. I don't like Darius Miles. If he can't play with LBJ, I don't want him with Tmac.

10. Lemarc

Lemarc Member

OK, should we get trade for Bonzi and Damon Stoudemire to get the rest of the Portland Jailblazers as well. Oh oh oh how about that young man Brian Grant too.

11. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

none of them are on portland anymore. gucci888 made a valid point about miles' attitude. with tmac playing the 3 i don't see a point to have such a talented backup like miles. nor do i see the point in moving tmac to the 2 to make room for him. he won't spread the floor for yao/tmac because he cant hit the 3.

nice idea, even tempting, but no.

12. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

We don't need him to hit the 3 if he were on the floor with TMac. We need him to defend the 2 and to work with TMac to create mismatches against the opponent at the 2 and 3 spots. He can take practically any 3 with the post up and the midrange jumper from FT extended down to the baseline. We can let TMac play at the top and take the 3s along with Anderson/James. Miles has offensive skills that could be integrated into our offense very easily. Think about it, TMac at the 2 and Miles at the 3 offensively. They can both shoot over whoever is defending them, or if the defender gets up on them, they can both take it to the rack.