1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A bandwagon fan perspective on the loss

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by mrdave543, Dec 10, 2012.

1. mrdave543

mrdave543 Contributing Member

As most of you remember, I have not been a Texan fan for the past few years as I still considered myself a Houston Oiler fan. However, starting last year, after VY and Fisher were both gone, I finally cut my allegiances to Bud Adams and the Tennessee Titans. During the Texans playoff run last year I didnt pretend they were "my team", but I still wanted them to win. This year, same thing, I wasn't going to pretend to friends and people that know me that I was all of a sudden a die-hard Texan, but I did want them to succeed.

Enough about me. So far this season, the Texans have exceeded EVERYONE'S expectations. They were able to win close games, come from behind in overtime, squeak out wins against worse teams etc. Come into tonight with the best record in the league at 11-1. They had a bad game against the Packers, which they werent expected to win anyways. How did they rebound from that loss?

Fast forward to tonight, a huge national spotlight game, home-field advantage on the line, and what happens? They got the snot beat out of them, by one of the best players/coaches in the league. Does it suck? Of course it does, but its not the end of the season, and if anything it will make them work twice as hard to prove the doubters wrong going forward.

I would much rather be the underdog going into the playoffs instead of the favorite. The Texans needed losses like this to the Patriots and Packers to show that they arent elite, YET.

Kubiak clearly doesn't have the "go for the kill" attitude, but as one of his biggest doubters for the last few years, I think he deserves better from true Texan fans.

As an admitted bandwagon Texan fan, even after this embarrassing loss, I am sticking with them. I hope the true fans don't lose hope and helps this team to make a push deep into the playoffs.

Go Texans.

4 people like this.
  2. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Ah there you are. Wondering where you've been all season long.

3. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

not sure if serious. i really want to hate you but i'll give you the benefit of the doubt...for now. repped.

1 person likes this.
  4. SacTown

SacTown Member

You are not a texans fan.

5. ItsMyFault

Neither are you.

6. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

From the Oregon Trail...and back on the carriage...

Nice OP

7. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Good post.

Spoken like a (level-headed) die-hard fan.

1 person likes this.
  8. mrdave543

Promise you I am serious. Not trying to stir crap up, I am admitting I am the biggest bandwagon fan there could be.

They can bounce back from this loss. They needed this loss as a wakeup call.

9. SacTown

SacTown Member

No. Im not a longwhorn fan but am a texan fan. Get over it. Ut is going downhill

10. ItsMyFault

Yes, you are a bandwagon Texans fan. Sure.

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I think he has a good point.

Better to get challenged and make adjustments now rather than later.

12. TheresTheDagger

I have to disagree. When you get to the playoffs, you need wins in games like this to draw on.

If they face New England in the playoffs, one of two things will happen.

1. They use the loss as a boost to emotion/focus and play their best and win.

2. They lack confidence and play defensive while Brady and Company rip us a new one.

13. macalu

come playoff time it doesn't matter what happened in the regular season. ask the Giants and the Jets the last few years.

14. ItsMyFault

15. Marteen

Marteen Member

It's so effin' frustrating to see this team buckle down under pressure. There is one bright spot, I guess. Back in 2010, in the season that they made it to the AFC Championship game, the NY Jets were 9-2 when they went to face the New England Patriots in Gillette Stadium. They got steamrolled 45-3.

One month and six days later, those same Jets came back to Gillette Stadium and won 28-21.

16. TheresTheDagger

The last thing I want our team compared to is the Jets....past or present. What Super Bowls have they won since the 60's?

The Giants have playoff and Super Bowl success to draw from. They know what playoff football feels like and how to win. They also have a franchise QB who's a proven winner. We do not.

Tonights game was the closest thing to a playoff atmosphere as you can get in the regular season and they came out and got whipped. There is no "silver lining".

17. macalu

so what? teams get embarrassed. even Super Bowl contenders. we'll find out what the Texans are really made of in the playoffs.

and i brought up the jets because they too had lost to NE 45-3 in the regular season only to beat them in the playoffs.

18. mrdave543

If this game was at home (like the packers) and this happened I would be a lot more concerned. Patriots in foxboro are not easy to beat. Which means texans need to win out that much more to avoid a potential playoff road game.

19. conquistador#11

get out of here with that logical thinking! we're 11-2! and obviously the season is completely over. I mean did the cardinals go on to the superbowl after being humiliated by the patriots"!!??? of course not!!! wait....what? they did?

20. TheresTheDagger

It wasn't that we lost in New England. It was the way we lost.

AJ and Schaub both talked pre-game about this being the biggest regular season game in Texan history. If thats so, WHERE IS THE FOCUS?

On the 2nd Pats TD, the Safety bit HARD on a run fake.
    On the 3rd Patriots TD, the defense wasn't set coming out of the huddle!!!
    We got 7 points from the league's 2nd best offense against a vulnerable Patriots defense.

42-7 vs. our starters in the biggest reg season game. Our 2nd blowout loss this season to elite QB's/teams. Three out of the last 4 games we underperformed.

I hope Kubiak has something up his sleeve next Sunday because if they lose that, they stand a REAL chance of actually losing the division.