1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A 250 pound Steve Francis

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigRox11, May 26, 2008.

1. BigRox11

BigRox11 Member

According to Yao Ming, Steve Francis looks like 250 pounds. Yao joked that because he is so fat right now he may compete with Louis and Carl for power forward position next season.

This is a really bad news for Rockets.

http://sports.163.com/08/0526/09/4CS395L000051CA1.html

2. poprocks

poprocks Member

crap! I knew that would happen. Sitting on your butt with a torn quadriceps surgery with nothing to do but play video games and eat will do that to you. Won't be any good to us unless he gets a trainer and starts working out now. At least on his upper body.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

It's only May and SF has time to get in shape if he's serious about next season. Besides, Yao was only estimating his weight. But anyone who really thinks he will make a difference for our team needs must be the biggest SF partisan ever.

4. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

5. poprocks

poprocks Member

google translation

this doesn't look good regarding Francis

* Yao Ming in Sunday attended a road racing after receiving a 10-minute interview with local radio station stating that is having a good recovery from his injury and "ridiculed" Francis who is now too fat, while McGrady, said he is "very disgusted" with Jazz Fans……

AP May 26 news

Yao Ming Yuan in the United States spent a busy Sunday, his first Sunday morning after a strong aftershock of 6.4 had taken place in Sichuan and Qingchuan Xian. He expressed condolences to the victims. In the afternoon, he participated in the Coca-Cola held Nascar racing refueling obligations and called on people to support workers in the earthquake-stricken area. Meanwhile, the Giants also Manglitouxian accepted the "ESPN Radio" 10-minute exclusive interview, talking about his injury, jazz fans, obesity, and other topics of Francis.

First, Yao Ming spoke of his injury, that he can now carry out jogging and individual training, although not do too drastic, but should be well by the end of June and return to full preparations for 8 On 10 and the first U.S. team opening match. "I hope that in my remaining career that I am no longer plagued by injuries." Yao said with optimism.

Second, Yao teammate Tracy McGrady talked about the "hatred" of the Salt Lake City fans. He agreed that T-Mac's point of view, its very "hate" where the fans. "Tracy and the feelings, I am also very 'hate' Sir restless home fans."

Third, Yao talked about the "obese Francis." "As far as I know, he is now eating nothing in any restraint, Steve (Francis) looks like a 250 pounds (115 kilograms)!" Yao laughs, "If this continues, I expect his next To last season and Luis (Scola), Carl (Landry) competition in the power forward position. "

In addition, Yao Ming spoke of their love to see the last one called the "Ironman" (Iron Man) film, but some inside the lens is too exaggerated, it is untrue.

6. poprocks

poprocks Member

Well..they always say don't ask for what you wish for. You might not like what you hear :(

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

What's the big deal (well, besides Steve's ass)?

Isn't he just a 3 million dollar expiring contract anyway?

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Sarcasm is like kryptonite to our Chinese friends.

9. poprocks

poprocks Member

speaking as one who has had to come back from a severe back injury. From the time you start running again to being back to any semblance of where you used to be takes about a year of hard work. Darn it Steve, start doing something. For every lb you pack on it's that much harder to get it off.

10. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Please read the link I posted above. There's no truth to any of these comments.

11. poprocks

poprocks Member

If that's the case then the Chinese paper took the comments and ran with them. Ugh

12. poprocks

poprocks Member

Will these guys never learn to check their facts before printing something. Just makes me ill.

13. blender

blender Member

So the Chinese reporter based his entire story on a joke post on clutchfans?

That's so hilarious.

14. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

hahahaha is this for real? I tried to make that "recap" in the original thread as absurd as possible. Didn't think anyone would have took it seriously. Then I come here and find out that a Chinese website ran with it which caused a member to create a new thread. lol I'm starting to feel bad now because I'm a huge Francis supporter and now theres people that actually think he is really 250 pounds :D .

On the other hand, I'm actually amazed that people are passing this off as real news. I guess the rumors about him and Nia Long dating were true :p ? Anyways, heres the original post. Remember to highlight it if you still believe it. I'm reading the google translation and they got it down word for word from the post. ahhhh hahaha!

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=3705242&postcount=7

15. clos4life

clos4life Member

I thought Yao was joking when he said that. Did I miss something?

16. Nelly

Nelly Contributing Member

wow......just wow. they actually thought this was real? :eek:

17. poprocks

poprocks Member

yah I got pwn'd that sucks

18. poprocks

poprocks Member

ya lol it is funny now that I think about it. lol

19. poprocks

poprocks Member

millions of Chinese fans now think Franchise is fat and weights 250 lbs and ready to play Power Forward for the Rockets lol

20. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

its obviously an exageration of the truth but whats steves playing weight? 200 pounds? he may be up to 220. thats too much for him.