1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

______________________ needs to go NOW!!! (seriously!!!!11)

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by msn, Oct 26, 2005.

1. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

^^^
    thank you. if you are going to give up on a team just because they are losing, you aren't a real fan anyway. fine jump off the bandwagon, but you are never allowed back on. i've always hated fly-by-night fans, they just piss me off...

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

there isn't a player that i want to get rid of like last year with Dan Miceli. I just wish something could be done with all those stranded baserunners.

3. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

That's pretty cute how you and RM95 play the 'superfan' role, but Houston has had terrible fans for a while now, this isn't a new thing. I've been saying this at least since the Rockets had 2,000 empty seats for a second round playoff game in 1994. When the Rockets were fighting for the playoffs in '01, some of us would complain about the attendance - we then had people (possibly yourself Max) tell us that people would come out if the team was winning. So perhaps the real bandwagonners here are you two superfans - you're on the "Houston has terrible fans bandwagon". Well guess what, we don't have room for you. :)

4. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

I'll tell you who needs to go now......

Bud Selig.

Worst excuse for a comissioner in the history of Major League Baseball.

Bud Selig is the MLB owner's beeeeeeyotch, and he bends over and takes it up the ass for them every chance he gets.

5. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

not tryin' to beat a dead horse here, but...
    last time i checked (sports were a pretty important part of my life before 1997) the rockets had been in the FINALS 4 times and WON 2 of them. the astros had been in the world series 1 time and ...

6. TheFreak

Not to pick on you Max, but I think Barroid has the most homeruns ever in a postseason series, or in a postseason, or something like that. Bagwell?

7. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Can Konerko play the outfield or just first base?

8. The Ming Dynasty

The Ming Dynasty Contributing Member

I think Atlanta is the only (baseball) city that's fans don't show up even in the playoffs. ;)

9. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

100% agreed.

I got pissed jokingly at this girl who came in to the office today for work, her first words being: "¡Pinches Astros...!"

I gave her a description of a FAIR-WEATHER Fan (equals Bandwagoner) and let her have it, jokingly, lett ing her know I don't take SH*T from a non-fan, and how much i've endured the NON-championship Astros years until now, for someone to come in and cuss them out. :mad: ;)

10. The Ming Dynasty

The Ming Dynasty Contributing Member

Actually, I believe the most homeruns in a postseason belongs to Carlos Bootran when he played for us last year. :mad:

11. MLittle577

MLittle577 Contributing Member

The Sox are just better right now. They beat our Big 3, three straight games. You just have to tip your hat to them.

12. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

you're right. i'm a bandwagon Houston fan. carry on.

13. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

The point was that what have the Rockets done recently?

In addition, if the NBA used the same playoff format as MLB, the Rockets would never have won their 2nd championship because they would not have even made the playoffs. Conversely, if MLB used the NBA format, chances are the Astros would have had even more success because they would have made the playoffs from 1995-2005 (sans 2000).

14. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

I am sick of these fans say "F*ck the Astros, I don't care anymore." I am a fan that gets pissed off if they are playing in Pittsburg in June and it is not on tv, I hate the september fans.

15. TheFreak

:confused: Not really what I said.

I'd still like to know how Barroid and Bagwell are on the same level in terms of choking though.

16. msn

msn Member

Methinks he was referencing WS titles, not postseason performance. The total, for both of these future Hall of Famers and for many current Hall of Famers, is 0.

17. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

msn is right..i was referring to championships...as with teddy ballgame and ernie "let's play two" banks.

18. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

I'll go out on a limb as well....

that Summer Song Whatchamacallit guy scalped some Game 5 Tickets to overpaying fans in E-Bay and just lost out on tens of thousands. I'm sorry guys, but the one reason I didn't mind the sweep is just so half these people who got tickets with the SOLE purpose to sell it are probably upset to no end right now. I don't mind the people who joined the lottery to go and watch the games, but ugh!... when I think of all the games that I attended throughout the year only to be screwed by the lottery. Yes, the Astros lost, but if I had a chance to go to one of those games, I STILL wouldn't have passed it up for anything. In fact, I would loved to have been the fan at the third base line that accidentily got in the way of Uribe....

19. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

Don't forget they are Back to Back Wildcard champs too! :D If anything OUR HITTING COACH NEEDS TO GO!!!

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I was wondering what Gaetti was doing when Ensberg was struggling so mightily.

Jose Cruz could teach hitting......he hit to all fields...and that is one thing the Sox did (Especially that Dye guy) that we didn't.

We kept hammering it on the ground to Crede and he kept chucking it over to first for outs.

DD