1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[99ers] Whiney Fair Weather Fans

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket River, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

It's great we are up 3-1 and I'm not hating on the team. But let's face it; we've played one good game out of 4. I'm sure we'll find more consistency in the next round.

I also continue to believe the loss of Moute is really hurting us.

SF3isBack!! and Os Trigonum like this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

they played 3 good games bc it ended up in W's. thats what really matters. where people get the idea that a team can play perfect from start to finish in the playoffs is a fantasy. the idea is to play good enough to beat who's infront of you no matter how ugly or easy the game unfolds

#102 YOLO, Apr 25, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    Reeko, Invisible Fan and vlaurelio like this.
  3. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

and that's actually a good thing to gentleman's sweep a true 3rd seed by only playing 1 or 2 good games.

jcf likes this.
  4. Rockets4Life13

to be fair, by that logic, the jazz shouldve been the 3rd seed, considering their record since Gobert was back.

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

"I gave my love a cher-ry......that had no stone,
    "I gave my love a CHI-cken....that haaaaaad nooooooo bones.....
    "I gave my love a stoooo-ry that haaad no end....
    "I g---"

SMASH SMASH SMASH

"Sorry."

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  6. vlaurelio

yeah so we'll have to beat 2 3rd seed teams before we beat a true 1st seed team if not for the injuries???

7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Yep. A win is a win is a win. I'm sure the Wolves would trade in any of their moral victories for real victories.

YOLO and vlaurelio like this.
  8. baubo

baubo Member

This thread really encompass the weirdness of fandom. Which is that it’s not about success or failure, but success or failure relative to their expectations. And the funny thing is how quickly expectations can change.

2 years ago when the rockets season started with Ryan Anderson and Eric Gordon, I bet if you tell any of the 99ers the Rockets would get to round 2 that year and be the 1 seed in two years being up 3-1 in the first round with two blowout wins, everyone would’ve been ecstatic. Yet here we are, two years later and still just keep on complaining the same stuff and wanting to make knee jerk reactions after every loss.

Seriously, if a fan always hangs on to the very last thing that happens, it’s impossible to appreciate the big picture and how far things have come and just enjoy watching basketball.

Invisible Fan, YOLO and vlaurelio like this.
  9. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

To expand on this, last year during the Astros regular season, posters were griping about their pitching (in particular, relief pitching) after a win. I posted something like "no one will complain if the Astros win a game 12-11 in the playoffs".

Which game is currently recognized as one of the greatest playoff games of all time and best in Astros history? WS game 5 - Astros 13 Dodgers 12.

The purpose of the playoffs is to win the last game you play. Doesn't matter how.

Deckard, Invisible Fan and YOLO like this.
  10. vlaurelio

if these whiners were t-wolves fans they'll be like

"hey we won 1 and in those 3 losses they didn't even play that good!!!"

11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

You need to name them and tag them here so they know who they are

12. noxiousdog

noxiousdog Member

I'll take being up 3-1 with 2 twenty point wins and playing only 1 good game 100 times out of 100.

13. bro2044

bro2044 Member

That only means its reasonably conceivable that we could've swept them.

ANY team or fanbase actually expecting to sweep another professional basketball team is being unreasonable. Game 3's & are notoriously difficult to win for many road teams, no matter the matchup. Sweeping a team in the regular season can be used as support of dominance, but no one should be disappointed by this series going 5, ESPECIALLY considering Minnesota hasn't seen a playoff game live in their town for 13yrs. That is a ton of energy and momentum.

I hoped we would win, but it was understandable that we did not match ALL of that weight for 1 game. The Rockets came back and took care of business convincingly.

14. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

What I realize about this board now is some people need an enemy to feel better about themselves. So if you don't say exactly what they want you to say they will make you the enemy. There is no civil or intelligent debate or discussion, you are automatically dubbed a hater for pointing out reality on this board now. It took awhile but the delusional have taken this board over. So it's no longer a discussion board it's a "say only something about what the Rockets have done good board" lol or you'll get shouted down. There's a difference between the Rockets need to play better in order to win and the rockets can't play better or won't play better. But if you say as I have said the Rockets need to play better than they have in order to win a ring then its treated as if I said that the Rockets can't or won't play better. So either it's poor reading comprehension or it's because people need an enemy in a place where there should only be allies for the most part.

15. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

This is incorrect, the Rockets are far and away a better team than the Wolves. it's one thing if the Rockets had been playing well but the Timberwolves overcame and fought with heart. The Rockets however were playing timid and weren't playing Rockets basketball at all. The same people who are saying it's ridiculous to expect the Rockets to sweep the Wolves are the same who expect the Rockets to win it all despite playing poorly.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

the gsw are far and away a better team than SA without leonard.

nobody has said they expect the rockets to win it all playing poorly. thats just making stuff up

17. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

No it's not outside of that third quarter, THE ROCKETS HAVE PLAYED POORLY. Half of the people you are responding to and agreeing with are angry because people have pointed out that the Rockets have been playing poorly and can't win a ring like that. That's the entire point of this thread. You need to go back and read because I think you are lacking context. Half the people dubbed as haters/whiners were merely pointing out that the Rockets were playing bad and couldn't continue to do so if they want to win a ring. You are agreeing with crazies, lol.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

im not agreeing with anything. the people who im specifically talking about are the ones who called rockets losses minutes into the game. post #102 is what matters to me

Os Trigonum likes this.
  19. bro2044

bro2044 Member

That's incorrect, as I did not expect them to sweep 4-0, and I do not expect them to win it all despite playing poorly. I did expect 4-1, and I am not convinced we're winning the title (but we can, surely).

You dont get to tell someone else they're incorrect on something reasonable when YOU present a ridiculous assumption as fact.

Work on your credibility in responses, then tell people they're wrong once you have support that you can be trusted as being right. At the moment, you in no way proved that my post was unreasonable.

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dude
    the only enemy is FAKE ROCKETS FANS

You know this

Pre Yao, Pre Tmac, Pre Lin, Somewhat Pre Harden
    Pre ESPN getting rid of Skip Bayless
    Pre Mumble Auto Tune Rappers

It was ONLY about the HOUSTON Rockets
    CAPITAL on the HOUSTON

It was PURE