1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[99ers] Whiney Fair Weather Fans

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket River, Apr 21, 2018.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

LOL our???

Harden came back in with 8:37 in the fourth and all the starters were taken out with less 2 minutes left in the game.

you know what harden's contribution his compared to others on the court with him in that 7 min span?

believe me we lost not because Harden didn't step up

its because no one else showed up

#61 vlaurelio, Apr 22, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
    DonKnock and whiskeyred like this.
  2. Rockets4Life13

My only problem so far is that it feels like they haven't noticed that it's the playoffs yet. They are playing at half-pace and are running in mud. cant win against a talented team that way on their homecourt.

lw17, Hakeemtheking and whiskeyred like this.
  3. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

As a Life long Roxs fan, (two for one tickets during the week before championship days) i just wanna see the fight. I’m sorry if I knee jerk cause I see flashes of Harden’s Spurs series, and I want to feel better until he eclipses that from my mind. I dont need them to be perfect, I need them to fight and not at times look so lost or incapable. I know it seems small but I still feel we went to Minny too late on Friday, maybe not but just an observation.

I just want the fight, the grit. Not the collapse. I'm fine holding this team accountable and wanting more. Why because they can, so yes even after one loss it’s frustrating as we’ve seen echoed around the board. Because how we lose. I know I knee jerk because when i see the wheels start to come off, i dont feel like we’ll recover.

I just want to see the team blossom, my hope is they can come together and learn from this loss, and grow. I love this team, i dont need them to go 16-0 but i felt a sweep would be a nice statement. Lets put on our big boy pants and finish this thing.

And i do hold Harden to MVP status, i wanna see him take a game like that by the throat and say no or die trying.

Invisible Fan and Hakeemtheking like this.
  4. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I know Ryno hit four 3s, but I think he played too many minutes on the 1st game back. Also, Minnie is young and fast, not exactly Ryno's strengths.

The much improved Rockets defense, seen in game 2, was absent. What does MDA do next game? Revert back to the players in games 1 and 2 (i.e. shorter rotation, but tighter defense)?

These are all legit questions and concerns in my opinion.

lw17 likes this.
  5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

what the absolute F*CK . . . I've now watched most of the game, have about five minutes left, but I can't believe from the game thread following along I'm watching the same game as the crybabies did. This was a 9 point game with six and a half minutes left. Minnesota shot lights out in front of a pumped home crowd, and the Rockets struggled to hit shots and made some sloppy mistakes down the stretch.

Meanwhile we've got dopes like this editorializing before the fourth quarter is even over:

Honestly. The game thread is filled with a bunch of hyperventilating azzholes. I'm glad I didn't watch the game last night, and I agree with OP about the whiney fair weather fans. Holy shitte. :rolleyes: I'm more pissed off about whiney clutchfans than I am about the loss.

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

there are a bunch of crybabies, whiney b*tches, and straight up idiots in the gamethread...it’s pathetic

the pussification of this fanbase needs to stop

DonKnock and Os Trigonum like this.
  7. GimmeDaRock

GimmeDaRock Contributing Member

I guarantee that a bunch of complainers on this site would have had their heads explode during the run to the second championship.

8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We should embrace this loss as this puts us in the underdog position for winning the WC. Consider how the Eagles going into this year's NFL playoffs were considered a flawed team with some saying they should've been the 6th seed even though they were the number one seed with home field throughout. They embraced that to the point of even wearing dog masks. The Rockets and us as fans need to that attitude.

9. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Hello and welcome to the Astros World Series run last year.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  10. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

U figured by the reactions of them knee jerkers/cry babies during yesterday's game, the rockets were the 8th seed playing against the 1st seed down 2-0, not the other way around. When the opposing team shoots 55.6% at the 3 pointer, u will basically lose 99% of the time, no matter what team u r. It's already annoying we get these whiny btches when we are winning, when we are behind just by a little they come out full force.

vlaurelio likes this.
  11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Thankfully, the team doesn't seem like one that would crack easily. They do need to play better, and I think they will.

DonKnock likes this.
  12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

where did half these people come from anyway? I haven't seen a lot of them in a game thread all season. and you've got folks who've been members since 2003 with something like 200 posts to their names . . . and of course they have to show up for the first time in ten years and spam a playoff thread with their kneejerking ;)

DonKnock and Rocket River like this.
  13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

good point I looked it up

only 34 playoff games games since 1984 where a team shot 55% while taking at least 20 shots

all resulted in a win except 2

the most recent was when gsw lost to a LAC team by 3 pts in a game 7 on 2014 where cp3 had 14 assists and deandre had 18 rebs. green was 5 out of 8 and AI was 3 out of 4 LOL

https://www.basketball-reference.co...5&c2stat=fg3a&c2comp=gt&c2val=20&order_by=pts

DonKnock likes this.
  14. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

It's all about having the capacity to handle adversity. That's the big question that has yet to be answered about this team and D'Antoni's system. It's one thing to sail through the regular season and dominate against a bunch of inferior teams but the playoffs are a different situation entirely. How this team handles the pressure and adversity that is the playoffs will be the detrmining factor in their reaching the NBA Finals for a chance to win it all.

15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Have a sweet and a smile everyone .. everything will be alright.

[​IMG]

DonKnock, daywalker02 and lw17 like this.
  16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He'd swap his pals at the dinner table for the 99ers if we were there,
    for sure

no Judases in the 99ers, we're just the purest and greatest humans on earth

Rocket River likes this.
  17. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

I for one blame this man
    [​IMG]

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

It was maddening

Rocket River

Deckard, DonKnock and Os Trigonum like this.
  19. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

[Max Kellerman] will have our back tomorrow

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Go take a pill in Ibiza