1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[99ers] Whiney Fair Weather Fans

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket River, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Clutch Fans never say die

Smacktle likes this.
  2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

This is not bad. You should see the game thread. Idiots lose hope after the 1st quarter itself and start whining

In most cases Rockets come back to win and @DonKnock gets busy

Tfor3, Tankeio, Roomba and 3 others like this.
  3. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

F all y'all. Imma krunk dis loss with tang and biscuits doe.

tinman and Smacktle like this.
  4. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I'm usually not, but I'm tired of always seeing a different Rockets team then I've seen in the regular season. I'm just over it.

lw17 likes this.
  5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Exactly . . . .within 5 minutes of game start they declaring it a loss starts

Rocket River

Tfor3, Smacktle and DonKnock like this.
  6. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Wiggins is a bad 3pt shooter who went 4-6. It happens

What was disappointing was the points in the paint.

But that is because capela played less minutes and tucker played waaay less than normal.

Not only that they weren’t playing smart.

For instance, dieng hit a 3. Whatever, you live with that right? Not his fortay, has a bad history there and it bounced his way.

Wrong. I guess you don’t live with it because the next possession, capela walked alllll the way out to the 3 pt line to tightly guard stupid dieng and it allowed a wide open layup.

These are the issues we need to fix

#26 BigMaloe, Apr 21, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
    Smacktle, Roomba and DonKnock like this.
  7. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Bad defense.

Smacktle and BigMaloe like this.
  8. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

Not to an 8th seed that we sweeped in the regular season, and certainly not by a blowout. Regardless, I have no doubt that the Rockets will eventually prevail. My main concern is underperfoming against a relatively easy opponent like the Wolves is a bad omen when taking into account that we're facing better teams ahead that a worse stylistic match for us.

lw17 and Smacktle like this.
  9. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

It's not about one game, it's about winning the championship. Despite having the #1 seed, a healthy Golden State WILL and SHOULD be favored over us. My faith isn't lost, but we had no business getting blownout, unless it was Game 4 while up 3-0.

Rockets can still have a great series if 1) it only goes Five and 2) we blow MIN out again. Other than that, we're not beating GS.

SF3isBack!! and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Honestly I worry more about NON CALLS than Calls
    I mean . . . people will b**** and moan about missing shots and turnovers
    but . . .when hands and arms are being hit . .. . with out the foul calls . . .. .
    what the hell do you expect??

Rocket River

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

whiskeyred, Tfor3, Smacktle and 2 others like this.
  12. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

The Wolves should have been the 3rd seed. It looks like the Pels should probably have been the 4th, had Boogie not gone down.

The Blazers got mutilated and this Utah OKC game is considerably less intense that what the Wolves played tonight.

Just cause the number says 8 doesn't mean they are definitively worse than the the other 8 teams that were all right around the same W/L when tiebreakers decided so much of the seeding

13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

In the regular season .

From the way the Warriors have played the last month of the regular season and how they are dominating so far without their best player in the playoffs, it's obvious they couldn't care less about regular season games .

#33 fchowd0311, Apr 21, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
  14. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

My issue with the calls tonight was that they were letting Minny be very physical but calling alot of touch fouls on us.

They had 11 or 12 fouls before they gave Harden a couple of calls at the end of the game when it was already out of reach.

at least 3 of those were intentional fouls in transition (2 by Teague and 1 by Butler) So they had 8 or 9 fouls as a team in the mid 4th when Chris Paul and Gerald Green had 9 between them

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Agreed

Rocket River

Tfor3, Smacktle and DonKnock like this.
  16. Juxtaposed Jolt

Why are you always attacking people, or otherwise labeling them? I mean, whatever makes you feel better about yourself, I suppose. I think I remember a back-and-forth with you a while ago, too. What's going on in your life? Sort your issues out. Pretty easy to insult someone, behind a computer screen.

And me pointing out a critical moment in the game in which our best player needed to step up = always Harden's fault? Great reasoning, as always.

Sorry I hurt your feelings.

Smacktle likes this.
  17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Granted, there is a segment of us who says it's not that we lost, but it's how we lost. We haven't looked great yet and we're just aware of how many things this team needs to work on.

Smacktle likes this.
  18. juanm34

juanm34 Member

I still can’t believe we lost the series after one game..:(
    Time to post in the off-season thread.

:cool:

19. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

And that’s fine.

I agree we haven’t looked our “perfect” selfs. But we won 2 of 3 with one being a blowout.

We haven’t particularly shot well yet. But our defense had been very good and even great game 2.

Tonight we just didn’t match their intensity (given the circumstances i can understand why) and that’s the only issue we have had.

Why focus on the shiit? Why focus on we haven’t looked great? Why not focus on; we haven’t looked as good as possible but we have battle and dominated other areas and “battled” for wins.

Why must a team be perfect in order to gain respect from fans?

Why can’t we respect their defense and grit in game 2?

We can’t we respect their “find a way to win” in game 1?

Who do we disrespect them when the other team shoots amazingly and plays with much better energy at their first home playoff game in 14 years?

Why is it always “how we lost”

Why isn’t it ever “how we won”

Because people don’t feel important unless they are complaining...

Rocket River likes this.
  20. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I think if everyone reacted like that, then this thread wouldn't need to exist. We should be talking about how we lost, and how to get better. We should analyze and over-analyze every tiny aspect of the game. That's why it's fun being a fan!

My problem is with a select group of folks that jerk more than I do when I remember my hot English teacher.