1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[99ers Only] Has there been a more unlikable Rockets team than this one?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MystikArkitect, Jan 7, 2023.

1. Aware

Aware Member

Yep.
    Cat and Steve were likeable these guys are annoying

SamFisher likes this.
  2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

KPJ most annoying guy for me since Squid and Royce White. Nix also, but he doesn't play, so...

3. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

But you miss that crusty beard now, don't you?

4. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

This team has a hope for the future. Watching young budding stars in the making is interesting.

Watching the Kevin Martin led teams continuously land on the 9spot was painful.
    However, making Trevor Ariza our #1 option was perhaps more painful.

Whatever people are saying about how bad this team, people were just as passionate about hating JVG, Kevin Mchail, Dantoni, etc. Also hated Morey. I love it when folks call Fertitta the cheapest GM because that's exactly what folks said about Leslie Alexander.

It never matters, right now is always the worst. I wonder how people ever drag their butts out of bed in the morning.

Rocket River likes this.
  5. MystikArkitect

Les Alexander was never afraid of hiring people smarter than him. During his tenure we had Olajuwon, Francis, Yao/McGrady, and Harden.

Anyone who knows Tillman or has been around him knows that he is absolutely not that. He's an insecure manchild more akin to Dolan. He hires people who are "yes men" that praise him. Don't get it twisted, it was his direct involvement that forced the Westbrook trade and the subsequent dominoes falling that got us here.

keeez and YOLO like this.
  6. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’ve made a similar thread about last season and this season is equally as bad, if not worse. Tilman Fertitta ruined the Rockets for me.

YOLO likes this.
  7. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think these Rockets are the most unlikeable team I've watched, but the are definitely the most bewilderingly incompetent team that I've had the displeasure of following closely. I don't expect wins, but I do expect to play to our strengths. We refuse.

Incredibly athletic players?
    We're one of the worst fast break teams in the league.

Exciting post playmaker?
    We refuse to run the offense through him.

Need some game control?
    Play a non-point-guard at the one.

Youngest team in the league?
    We start a checked-out Ego and play him heavy minutes.

Please, someone make this make sense for me. I can't be the only one who is just consistently baffled at this team. AND PLUS WE AREN'T GUARANTEED A TOP TWO PICK EITHER, SO IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE FOR US TO BE SO INCOMPETENT.

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It is obvious that very few of us have enough intellectual power to figure out what this team is doing. I used to think I was pretty smart. Now I am not sure. It takes a genius to understand this team. I have to admit I am no genius.

Roomba likes this.
  9. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

fertitta ruined them for me too.

what has he done since taking over?
    • replaced ariza one Luc with vet minimum guys
    • ruined our future with the CP3/Rus trade
    • chased out morey and MDA
    • hired the cheapest coach in the league
    • promoted their general council to be GM, probably because it was the most cost effective way to fill that position
    • harden lost all faith and loyalty as those changes took place
    I haven't liked the direction of this team since he bought it. they haven't brought in one quality FO executive, coach, or player outside of the draft. I think we are outclassed by every other team in the league and pretty much every level of organization (although stone might be an average GM).

that being said I think this team is more likable and watchable that last year (that's not saying much). I could not physically watch thiess-wood-tate-gordon lineups while alpy rode the bench and jalen stood in the corner. and I didn't actually watch the wall-oladipo-wood team or whoever was there at the end of the season. I was just glad they got the worst record and gave us a great chance at keeping our pick.

while this era is maybe the least enjoyable in the past 30 years since I've been watching, this year in particular is somehow slightly better than the past 2 years. there is also a huge summer coming up with not just a huge draft but max cap space. there will be a lot of hope and expectations to use all of that to improve next year and if they don't I'd expect heads to roll. I'm just worried we will replace Silas and stone with Lucas and Patrick fertitta and somehow let things fall apart even more.