1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[955 The Game] Portland Sports Radio Link

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by durvasa, Apr 27, 2009.

1. PumperX

PumperX Contributing Member

Good job Jose.

2. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Nice job Jose!

3. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Nice interview blur.....

But you should have said that since we haven't gotten out of the 1st round in 13 years, nothing is over with us until we win the 4th game.

Sorry, I'm just being paranoid :p

4. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

I tough about it but then he would have hit me with "Why is the lower bowl empty!" They have a college feel to their fans. we unfortunatly do not. Except for the Red Rowdies.

5. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

Someone needs to bring up the fact that the Blazers are initiating contact a fraction of the time the Rockets are. It's simple actually...if you settle for the outside shot, you will shoot far less free throws. I know how they feel though. I'm a homer to the max. You're convinced that the world is against you.

6. LAFIRMA22

LAFIRMA22 Member

yea you were right but great call anyways.

7. mrm32

mrm32 Member

8. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

I brought up the point about Brandon being the only player who constantly get's into the paint. They're whole line up is made up of jumpshooters.

9. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

Represent Jose.

10. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I think its time for Nuno and Raheel to get the secret society involved :D

11. MYLEVL

MYLEVL Member

dang. i missed it. can somone recap the call please?

12. MYLEVL

MYLEVL Member

holy crap. im listening now. this caller is on a 5 minute+ phone call whining about the richard justice article about the mma defense they were playing.

13. RUDYG

RUDYG Member

wow listened to it all also

14. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Blazers are whining about the refs on Yao. The fact of the matter is Blazers were getting away with murdering Yao in their previous two games and so they try to do the same thing in game #4 and the refs said..."no ah...sit your a** down." And now the Blazers are whining. What the refs did in game #4 is correct. As a defender, you're not allowed to be overly aggressive over an offensive player...YOU JUST CAN'T!! But on the other hands, the offensive player can be a bit overly aggressive and get away with it. That has ALWAYS been the rule. That is why offensive post player can initiate contact in the post before they do that fade away shot. That is why when Kobe drive in and initiate all the contact, he gets the foul call. Offensive players can overpower a defender. Not the other way around. In game #2 and #3, Oden and that white dude were allowed to be overly aggressive without being called foul...which is wrong!

15. MYLEVL

MYLEVL Member

did u hear the crap where they were praising joey crawford?

the guy on the phone (who ended up being their color commentator) said that joey doesnt get rattled by the fans and calls what he sees. basically saying that if the fans want a foul, he wont call it. but didnt joey ref the game that was in their building? so what the hell are they talkin about.

after that, he went on to everything but label dick paveta (sp?) a home crowd ref. saying thats y we got all the calls in game 3. he said joey crawford doesnt get influenced by players or fans but that dick paveta does.

am i missing something, or is this totally backwards from what all fans, not just rockets fans, complain about joey crawford?

16. MYLEVL

MYLEVL Member

sorry to post so close to each other, but they just said they are gonna have matt bullard on next segment.

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i'll give the guy the foul on ron when Przybilla threw the ball away, i noticed earlier on a replay that ron did hit him...but he's complaining about, i think it was landry who was on top of Przybilla's head, but it happened after they got a def rebound, accidental contact, and prz had passed it off and it was late in the game with both teams in the penalty. You dont decide a game on a call like that. Roy's charge was legit, so there's nothing wrong was calling a charge with 10 secs late.

And about them sending a tape about the inconsistent calls? The NBA is probably going to respond with, "sorry we didnt call the first three games correctly like the 4th, we should have, and then you would have been down 3-0 and lost 4-0"..

18. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

Air Bullard

19. RUDYG

RUDYG Member

bull is on now

20. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

yep matt bullard on now