1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tags:
  1. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

WTF happen to the evening sports hour on 950? I just flipped turned on the radio expecting to here Matt hyping up a big Rocket game and instead I hear a women calling another lady a skanky b****. They replaced the sports show with this crap? What about the Rudy T. show, was it canceled too?

------------------

2. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

KPRC is changing formats. It is owned by 740 KTRH, which now has Sportsbeat including Matt Thomas. The Rockets will still air on 950 but the sports talk will be on KTRH. The pregame is still supposed to be on KPRC.

------------------
    "You know what they say about the music business. Here today, gone TODAY!

- Chris Rock at the MTV Music Video Awards

3. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

Thanks, Jeff. But is 740 going to air 950 usual evening sports talk? The reason I ask is because right now there is some old acid-head know-it-all spewing all kind of weird crap. Doesn't sound like sportsbeat to me.

------------------

[This message has been edited by ROCKETBOOSTER (edited February 26, 2001).]

4. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Has Art Bell moved to prime time?

------------------
    Behad
    Sergeant at Arms of the Clutch BBS

5. edc

edc Contributing Member

To be more precise, KTRH, KPRC, and all the associated stations (KBME, KSEV, etc) are now owned by the the radio conglomerate known as "Clear Channel Communications."

What we know for sure is that "The SportsPage," the 5-8pm KPRC show (which included the Rudy T. show) is kaput.

From all indications, "Sportsbeat," the KTRH 7-11pm show is safe. The logical thing would be to move Rudy's show over there...but AFAIK, nothing has been decided.

Also unrevealed is the fate of the postgame show "The Fifth Quarter." They stopped the weekend editions back in December. There was no show Friday. The advertising revenues on that show were split between the Rockets and the station, so if they have decided not to continue, there had to have been some contractual agreement. I guess we'll find out soon enough (tonight?) on that front.

------------------

6. edc

edc Contributing Member

The "Fifth Quarter" show continues.
    We will see tommorow night whether
    or not the weekend editions have been
    resurrected.

The "Rudy T Show" also continues for now as a stand-alone item. It was on at 6pm this evening. I'd check 6pm Tuesday or Next Friday (since they are playing Wed. and Thu), for the next edition.

------------------

7. jamcracker

jamcracker Member

"Has Art Bell moved to prime time?"

LOL, Behad. Art Bell has kept me awake on many an overnight drive.