1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

'94 Phoenix series

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by wiredog, Apr 27, 2007.

1. wiredog

wiredog Member

ok, last night as we all know was rough. espn has covered it to death. but those of you who remember the '94 phoenix series when the "choke city" was first coined, people were saying the same thing. worst b-ball game ever!! worst choke in history!! rockets destined to fail!!! all i'm trying to be is a bit hopeful and positive here.

2. JoshTheChild

JoshTheChild Member

this team doesnt have hakeem, OT, horry, cassell, smith :(

3. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

Nope, but they have Tracy McGrady, Yao Ming, Chuck Hayes, Shane Battier, Rafer Alston, Luther Head, Dikembe Mutombo, and Juwan Howard.

I believe in them.

4. Sishir Chang

Sishir Chang Contributing Member

Or Mr. Kiss of Death Mario Elie. I know all those guy cited above were critical but Mario always seemed like the guy to get the Rox going with a tough drive into the lane when it looked like the Rox were flagging.

5. 女兆 日月

女兆 日月 New Member

Have a little faith in me

6. lastopsuburb

lastopsuburb Member

You play for the rockets?

7. XxShadyPinkxX

XxShadyPinkxX Contributing Member

He claims to be Yao.

8. zoork34

zoork34 Contributing Member

i have faith in you yao, freaking go dominate them and rip their spines out and break them over your knee.

9. LAYGO

LAYGO Contributing Member

I still clench my jaw & muscles & scream everytime I see the "Kiss of Death™".

10. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

With our pathetic offense, i doubt we can go very far....its not very impressive to me beating Utah.......that's a given.......i guess i just had higher expectations from this bunch......we cant turn into clutch city with no offense, and zero fastbreak.....

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    (May 13, 1994) Down by 12 points at halftime in Game 3 of the 1994 Western Conference Semifinals, Vernon Maxwell turned the Rockets into road warriors. After losing the first two games of the series to the Suns at home, Maxwell made sure Houston wouldn't go down 0-3 in Phoenix by scoring 31 second-half points to lead the Rockets to a 118-102 win. "We are back," Rockets Head Coach Rudy Tomjanovich said. "Phoenix still has home-court advantage, but the pressure is on them now. And it's a lot different playing when you're under pressure."

who's gonna step up like max did?

12. tinman

Supporting Member

YOU FORGOT MAXWELL
    :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
    (May 13, 1994) Down by 12 points at halftime in Game 3 of the 1994 Western Conference Semifinals, Vernon Maxwell turned the Rockets into road warriors. After losing the first two games of the series to the Suns at home, Maxwell made sure Houston wouldn't go down 0-3 in Phoenix by scoring 31 second-half points to lead the Rockets to a 118-102 win. "We are back," Rockets Head Coach Rudy Tomjanovich said. "Phoenix still has home-court advantage, but the pressure is on them now. And it's a lot different playing when you're under pressure."

13. tinman

Supporting Member

wiredog,
    it would help the YOFers and Newbs if you tell the story of Clutch City to them.
    Let the know what happened and who sparked it. its like you are telling the story of Christmas without JESUS!!
    Jesus dude!

14. superC

superC Member

Man,your thread is not right.94's ROX and present ROX is different team, especially the coach is JVG ...oh God!

15. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

faith is kind of like respect. it is not given. it is created by our actions.

why did we have faith in hakeem and those old rocket teams? because they gave us a reason to believe when everyone doubted them! they made clutch plays when everything was against them and they didn't give up. I guess we will find out what our players are made of after these embarrassing defeats.

16. jpsamhyz

jpsamhyz Member

It's not about you. The 94 team had Horry, Smith, and Cassell; now we got Howard, Alston, and Head. We are not going anywhere.

17. tinman

Supporting Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

lol.....that is not yao

19. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

if that is yao...take a picture of yourself holding balloons and eating a cookie

then i will believe it

20. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

yao, T-mac, Battier does not equal Hakeem. the one man army. plus, hakeem's role players stepped up...Horry, Cassell, Elie. but at least we don't have a Vernon Maxwell on this team, that fool was a disgruntled team-chemistry killer.