1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

94-95 Championship Contributor Sighting.....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jsalinas6, Oct 19, 2007.

1. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Carl Herrera was great. He was no OT, but he played butt off.

It was the second championship he had his shoulder injury, right?

2. King of 40 Acres

King of 40 Acres Contributing Member

Screw a safety deposit box right... Herrera just flashes that championship ring around town and gets all sorts of respect. Sounds like a friendly dude.

Here's a little known fact from Herrera's wikipedia page that should get tinman going -

"Herrera was once hit in the head with a free weight that Vernon "Mad Max" Maxwell was swinging, opening up a gash that required 30 stitches."

Mad Max being Mad Max i suppose.

3. WildSweet&Cool

I don't remember when, or against what opponent.

I do remember that the opposing player jumped for a rebound and was coming down as Carl was jumping up. The opponent's elbow came straight down on Carl's shoulder as he was coming up. It was instantly dislocated and Carl was screaming in agony. It was all over after that.

4. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

dont mean to hijack the thread, but I saw Horry two days ago at Texas Children's Hosptial. I didnt take a pic cuz he didnt look too happy. Apparently his 12 year old daughter has a medical issue that has been keeping her in and out the hospital ever since she's been born.

sorry. no pic. I was cheesin when i saw him, and he looked right at me and didnt even smile back

Anywyas......you gotta love The Amigo Carl Herrera

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Did you ask Carl if he thought Quiznos was better?
    :D

6. rockets34

rockets34 Member

Ya, i saw Chris Gatling at RA sushi recently and he was telling me he lives up north somewhere.

7. tinman

Supporting Member

you should have asked what his favorite team was since he basically played for all of them!

8. CDogg

CDogg Rookie

Member since 2003 and only 2 posts? Wow :eek:

9. monkeyboy32

monkeyboy32 Contributing Member

If we want to get technical, Amigo was not part of the 94-95 championship run but the 93-94. I believe Chucky Brown was our starting PF in the 2nd run.

10. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

Who the hell is Chucky Brown???????????

11. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Ok, Im not really familiar with your sense of humor - but I hope that was a joke.

12. tinman

Supporting Member

that's a joke, basically what charles barkley said about chucky brown when we played the suns

chuck 'Who the hell is Chucky Brown?'