1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

9-38 shooting

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ktvoss, Mar 30, 2008.

Tags:
  1. ibm

ibm Member

wth was that?

2. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Rafer shouldn't be the 2nd option! The coaches have to design more post plays.

The bright side, I think, is Scola and Woods.

Scola has been playing great in big games, and Woods showed some offense abilities.

3. choujie

choujie Member

Just like last year, once other teams figure out Rockets new style without Yao, Rockets become an average team. No team's offense could be consistent without a consistent inside presense. Not to mention we have no answer for other teams' good big man.

Well, at least we won't see those stupid "Rockets are better without Yao" threads again this year.

4. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

shoulder may have had something to do with it

5. ibm

ibm Member

agree completely. but your last one may be a bit off. imagine we beat the jazz in the first round this year... :cool:

6. f_chowd0696

f_chowd0696 Member

what about the 43% shooting a 68% shooting for the whole season?

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

not. . the point of this board is to NEVER critisize T-Mac in any way form or fashion . . PERIOD!!!
    EVER!!

becuase if you do . . .you a 'bandwagonah' , ***, or Maverick Fan

Rocket River

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

One more thing . . . . is TMac still tired? Does he need more Rest?

Rocket River

9. f_chowd0696

f_chowd0696 Member

:D Ya, I love how all the "true fans" throw the word bandwagon around so often.... I get a small smirk on my face every time.....

10. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Maybe yes but it is still bad. Look he's made 5 outside jumpers in a row against Wolves. It is all about focus and practice. He just gotta practice and focus on those shoots.

I know it's not easy to play when you are down by 20 but

11. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

one more thing...

I hope it will be a good motivation for McGrady, Rafer and Rockets and Sacramento game will be great game for them.

12. jshabang

jshabang Member

agreed....we have sucked lately plain and simple

i dont think thats a bangwagon thing at all.........should we lie and say that its been great lately.......

THIS JUST IN FELLOW BBS'ERS!!!!!

TAKING OFF YOUR ROSE COLORED GLASSES IN THIS FORUM WILL GET U CALLED MANY NAMES AND A BANDWAGONER.......SO FOR THE LOVE OF GOD KEEP THEM ON!!!!!!!!!

jeez u cant even come here and state facts anymore lately....we have been exposed lately and if we dont figure it out here soon.......first round.....well we all know the rest......even if we dont want to admit it

this place is really starting to stink and smell like u know what
    [​IMG]

13. rock8ts

rock8ts Member

defense was not good enough.

14. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

I half way agree Rafer just needs to be replaced in the line up not neccesarly gone. He is over paid i agree and should be used to land a better PG if possible and could be ideal to have for the regular season for back up. But the problem i have with Alston is where does he show up when it matters most? This will be a huge, huge problem in the playoffs put your money on that. This is the problem is these guys need to get paid accordingly as to what they do in the playoffs and not during the season. Landry will get paid accordingly as to what he does in the playoffs and not during the season. T-Mac is fine. Scola im not even worried about because he showed that he can do what he did today in the playoffs. This was the Spurs best overall game of the season and the issues are sticking out in BOLD as to what needs to be changed this off season. T-Mac needs to understand that he needs to get the team off to a good early lead and he needs to understand that and same with the system that each and everytime the other team scores he needs the ball to where he is likely to score again the most to counter and maintain that lead. Bottom line is in the playoffs he tries to make his team better with passing but what i noticed is his scoring pattern is off compared to when he becomes a playmaker. When he needs to score and impose his will is only when the other team scores. Turn it on like a on/off switch and his defense has picked up which tells me it will be huge in the playoffs. Overall T-Mac is just fine. The biggest problem i see is when the other team scores then the offense changes instead of sticking to what and where T-Mac needs the ball to score. When the offense changes then this makes him more of a playmaker but the timing of the change is off and this is why these good team go out in big leads.

15. rock8ts

rock8ts Member

now we're back to rafer bashing.. :D the beauty of democracy.. :D :D

16. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Skip's play was unacceptable. 4-16 shooting, 1ast and 2TOs. One assist for a starting point guard is not going to get it done.

17. tsunami

tsunami Member

Correct my ass. Stop your bullcrap! ktvoss was on this forum and praised team, tmac and co, when we were winning games. And why can't he express his unhappiness when we played badly?

18. conquistador#11

Rafer attempting to become our leading scorer, takes away from his one and only purpose on the floor...to put others in great position to score. I wouldn't mind seeing Bobby in the starting line up when rafer is not shooting on target.
    Also, the battier tactics of defense backfired on us. :( I don't like him coming out of the bench to match manu. We missed his intensity in the first Qtr.

19. alaskansnowman

Perfect post and analysis. The win streak was fool's gold. There was no way that Rafer and T-mac could sustain their level of play. I knew it was only a matter of time for Rafer to come back to reality, but I was holding out hope that T-mac had found his fountain of youth for the rest of the season. T-mac is just not that good of a shooter... sadly that is the one area that he really needs to improve on in n order to be effective as he gets older and older.

20. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Well, the Spurs were not going to be denied in this game regardless of how well we played. I am not that concerned about the loss, I am more concerned about the fact that we're a jump shooting team overly reliant on two guards to take and make the most shots for us to win games. This is precisely why I say we can't beat teams with any semblance of a reliable inside scorer, be it the Suns, Spurs or Jazz...or even Lakers if Gasol is back and healthy. The way we're as is without Yao, there are only three teams we have a shot against, namely: Nuggets, Warriors and Mavericks.

You better hope we play one of those three teams or you're guaranteed a quick playoff exit.