1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

9/11 suspects will be tried in NYC

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by BetterThanEver, Nov 14, 2009.

1. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jesus, there are a bunch of pansy ass pansies in this country. If you can't handle the risks inherent in living in a constitutional democracy move somewhere else, like Saudi Arabia.

1 person likes this.
  2. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Kruathammer speaks well:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fK4-NJG68pM&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fK4-NJG68pM&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

So you are afraid of American justice. Why am I not surprised.

1 person likes this.
  4. basso

Supporting Member

Deck, are you confident KSM will be convicted?

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

As confident as anyone, given the vagaries of our judicial system. Given a choice between using our system of justice to try a terrorist, or having him tried by a miltary court, something that would be seen by many as a way to "insure" a guilty verdict, yes, absolutely. You and I are subject to American justice, why not this fellow and the others? There has been no declaration of war, despite the fact that we are fighting two of them, the accused aren't members of any national military, not that I am aware of, and the topper, as far as I'm concerned, is that they are tried where I think they should be tried, in the city where the worst of their crimes were committed. New York.

6. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

I'll answer for Deckard; 100%

7. basso

Supporting Member

OJ was tried in the greater LA area, where the crimes were committed. was justice served? and what's wrong with the Military Tribunals, the constitutionality of which was established in 2006? and what happens if he's not convicted? does KSM walk out of a Manhattan court room, a few short blocks from ground zero, a free man? are you ok w/ that outcome?

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

basso, one can spin any imaginary scenario. Countless imaginary scenarios. I see them here all the time. My post speaks for itself.

9. basso

Supporting Member

why won't you answer the question? has Holder (much less Obama) thought this through, any more than you have? i doubt it.

there's a process in place, that would have served the same end. this is a show trial, fraught with risks that i imagine few have considered.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

What makes you think I haven't thought about it? This is the right move and you are ignoring my response.

11. basso

Supporting Member

no, you have not answered the question: what happens if KSM is acquitted?

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I have absolute faith, basso, that you will not let it stand. You will exact whatever justice you think is needed. I'll keep my faith in the justice system.

13. basso

Supporting Member

if he's acquitted, will your faith in the justice system be sustained?

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Do you like mustard and ketchup on your Burger? I do. I'm not a fan of mayo, unless I'm in the Netherlands.

15. basso

Supporting Member

i suspected as much.

thanks for proving my point.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

What point was that?

17. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He is being tried with respect to his involvement in 9/11. If by some miracle he is acquitted, he will avoid the death penalty for that act, but he will just be returned to the military prison system for his crimes against the military in Afghanistan. They can then charge him in the USA before commissions for any number of actions with with al Qaeda in Afghanistan.

I'm sure you could have figured that out for your self it you weren't suffering from such an advanced case of dementia.

18. LScolaDominates

You should be tried by a military tribunal for putting ketchup on your burger. ****in Austinites...

19. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It gets worse. I like to sprinkle some Lea and Perrins on them, and if there is any pink in the middle, I send it back.

20. rhino17

rhino17 Member

That won't happen, someone will kill him if he is not convicted.