1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

#8 Texas vs UH

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Fulgore, Oct 17, 2023.

1. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

lol. What better way to rig the game for UT than by only flagging UH once when they rip the helmet off a horn while flagging UT 6 times for 60 yards. IT'S SO DEVIOUS!!!! Act like you've watched football before. You don't get some calls. Maybe acknowledge that the team should have converted the 4th and less than 1. The refs didn't call that pass. The refs didn't botch the throw. Sure, bad call but that's football. Act like you're not a bandwagon fan that has never seen a game before. Do you seriously think that UT has never had a bad call before? There were a ton of holding calls that could have been called on UH that weren't. Here is one:

If the refs were rigging the game for UT, why not call that?

I don't know what a "legit" win is but as I and others have said, no longhorns feel great about the game. Still, some of the takes in here are beyond ridiculous. This is the kind of bullshit that makes me want to be done with UH bc some of y'all don't come off as serious people but I guess that's probably true with every school and emotions are high. It's just the context of UT leaving the big 12 and being seemingly hated by all the other schools and getting penalized way worse that makes some of the takes in here really difficult to ignore.

This was a really good game for the UH program and will help building support in the community and with recruiting. If UH starts to do well in the big 12, I have no doubt people will point to this game as a huge moment for the program in establishing themselves as equals in power 5.

#181 Brando2101, Oct 22, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2023
    tinman likes this.
  2. Brando2101

Here is another one. UH WR steps out of bounds 5 yards before the 1st down line but it's not called. If the game is rigged, why wasn't this called? Tons of calls didn't go UTs way but most horn fans are upset with the coaches and the team bc it's assumed that you aren't going to get all the correct calls. The team needs to overcome and (for example) convert 4th and less than 1 yard. That's the reality of college football at least until we replace all the refs with technology. Seriously, how can we not add sensors to the tips of the football and know EXACTLY where the spot is on every single play?

tinman likes this.
  3. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Rigged. Not legit.

and we don’t need ut-austin to build our program.

rigged.

4. Brando2101

lol. Sure, Jan.

5. Buck Turgidson

Because **** Texas Tech and their trash-ass fans.

6. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

A missed holding call is not the same as spotting the ball incorrectly by a full yard and costing UH a first down in that crucial
    situation. Missed holding calls are normal. Like when the refs called it on UT but then picked up the flag. Complete trash. Completely rigged.

7. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

He had the 1st down by a yard.

Rigged

8. Brando2101

yeah…. They are really trashy but they act like it’s the Super Bowl when they play us. I never want to see us play Baylor again. I don’t think ppl understand the complete moral depravity of what happened there. They actively recruited sex offenders that they were warned about and covered up their transgressions on campus. It’s beyond football. It’s disgusting. I was at UT for the last championship and it’s amazing but it’s not worth that. **** Baylor and the many many many fans that defended the admin once the scandal broke. This board wasn’t as bad as sickem but it was still disappointing to see the downplaying until all hell broke loose in the national press.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  9. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Maybe the refs will give that one to you too

who am I kidding? Of course they will

10. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Just read on another source that the Big 12 replay official was Eugene Semko. Practices law during the week in El Paso.

On the weekend he works replay review. He graduated from UT Law School in 1978.

I am not making this up. If true that should tell you something about what happened at the end of last night's game.

11. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Good Lord if that's actually true.....

12. Aware

Aware Member

b****ing about blown holding calls and such is as dumb as b****ing about traveling in basketball. As a fan, you have to accept some will be called and others will not. its whatever.

What sucks about the blown spot is that its the one play where there is no excuse not to go to replay. None.
    Tilman's pockets not deep enough to get us a replay? like what's going on?

meh life goes on
    maybe we'll get another crack at them in some shitty bowl during one of their down years. sad.

13. Brando2101

It was many holds that weren't called. Those are 10 yard penalties each and often end a drive. That's nothing like getting called for traveling in basketball.

A holding call here is a net difference of 25 yards (a quarter of the field) and a loss of down. It's such homerism to say that the calls that went your way didn't matter but the call that didn't, does. That's just nuts. Again, bad call but the glossing over the teams inability to convert a 4th and short is a little silly.

With regard to future games, CDC is not Delos Dodds. If UH starts to dominate the big 12 then I can see CDC seeing a non conference game would be in the best interest of the program. If UH becomes another West Virginia then probably not. He's a pretty proud and aggressive dude. I don't think this win tastes that great so I wouldn't be shocked if there is something down the road. It might get harder if the SEC adds more conference game to the schedule though.

Grad School affiliation does not seem like a conflict of interest. MAYBE undergrad. What DOES concern me is this guy has to be old as ****. That I can see contributing to a ball judgement call but the fact that he went to UT law 45 years ago? That's a bit weak. Sorry to be agist but maybe it would have helped to have someone a little sharper in that position.

tinman likes this.
  14. Aware

Aware Member

Bro, you had flags picked up on converted 4th down play where there was a hold and a facemask

If i'm not mistaken ut went on to score a td after that. you wanna talk about swings thats a td opposed to a very long fourth down attempt or a field goal.

*nvm uh held them to a fg

potato quality video but its the first one i found

they saw it threw the flag and later decided to pick it up

These calls tend to even out. I'm sure if i really wanted i could find plenty of holding calls that were missed on ut. i dont care about those. I care about missing the most important call in the game when you have the technology to get it right.

i dont have a problem with ut or anyone affiliated with the school or the football program. it ok to simply say yea uh got a raw deal on the spot. thats all im trying to say.

i didnt go to a&m. i dont think about ut 24/7 lol

#194 Aware, Oct 22, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2023
    Brando2101 likes this.
  15. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Even though the Coogs came out on the short end of the Final Score (ahem), it was an absolute victory for recruiting.

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

Bittching about non calls that should have happened for some gimmick justification to not spotting the ball correctly and giving UH the first down they clearly earned is just stupid.

it doesn’t change the fact that UH earned the opportunity for 4 more downs in the red zone and were denied by a horrendous spot

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Should have offered Frenchy’s fried chicken in the stadium as well.
    Chick-fil-A is the only non generic option

18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

When UT wins a big game do the fans have a sarkasm?

19. MystikArkitect

So...why wasn't the spot reviewed? I thought it was automatic review for that type of play in that situation.

Complaining about a random hold is like complaining about a random strike outside the zone. Forward progress review in that situation is like having a guy being out at first in the bottom of the 9th when it's unsure and not going to review with the ole "trust me bro".

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Because it would have been overturned, it was too obviously a first down.

They marked him down where his foot was in this image rather than where the ball was.
    FB_IMG_1697999393700.jpg