1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

7 Games on Free TV = WEAK

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by R=$, Oct 23, 2009.

Tags:
  1. R=$

R=$ Member

Come on Rocket's front office your better than that! I do not want to be a slave to the cable companys! Does anyone know of a way to view the games on the Web?

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I also miss the days of Paramount 20.

3. RyanB

RyanB Member

4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

5. texanskan

texanskan Contributing Member

Who doesn't have cable/satellite?

6. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Dammit! I guess I'll finally have to finally upgrade my television. I'll miss watching the games on UHF 20.

[​IMG]

7. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

8. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

i cut my cable with dish becuase it was running me 100 dollars almost and I was supposed to get all these games that i didnt need or want from other sports. i finally got fed up and cancelled it.

9. SouthMJS

SouthMJS Member

you should get fox sports with just basic cable and not some special package

the channel formerly known as UPN20 doesn't broadcast here in college station so i love that i get to see all the games on foxsports houston

10. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Man, I hate how theres not much games on FREE TV anymore! Not everyone has cable, and I'm almost sure more people have regular TV than cable. Times are hard and paying for extra channels might not be everyones priorities. TC is so empty because a lot of the financially lower class people can't even follow the team anymore. But what do the Rockets care about the lower class working man?

11. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

Are you basing this statement on what you see in the preseason? Because to date, they have sold more tickets for this season than in the last couple of years.

And we have a full house pretty much every night. The club seats being "empty" is another issue... But those tickets are sold...

12. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Uh....I don't think so.

Anyway, I'm glad they're not showing many games on 20. That's the only local channel in Houston that doesn't do HD.

13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

In Houston I think the number is less than 25% of the population is without cable tv at this point.

14. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

They showed Rocket games in HD when available.

15. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

http://atdhe.net/

They have just about every game every night, including tonight's vs Mavs.

16. YugoRocketsFan

Stop complaining, get ATT U-Verse or something. Get with the times, everyone has cable tv pretty much.

17. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I got more important things to spend money on. I don't see a point in spending 50 a month when the only thing I want to watch on Cable TV is Rocket games. So yes, I will complain just like everyone else does when they don't like something.

18. jae713

jae713 Member

U-Verse is sweet. Hell of a lot cheaper than comcast.

19. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I for one am happy. F channel 20. Us out of towners get screwed. I'm still in "market" and get FSN houston up here in Nacogdoches with the Rockets games.....so when their on 20....bleh.

20. 3ston

3ston Member

i to was a slave to watching little to no rockets games in past seasons, but then i got comcast with the hd upgrade and i couldnt be much happier! :D not only am i watching every rockets game and destroying my relationship with my girlfriend by doing so , but i can watch other nba games too! Thanks HD Cable from comcast! :) p.s-now that i can see games in hd, im amazed as to how many white guys are on the team and did you know the rockets bball court has a new look? WOW! (sarcastic) :D