1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

6th seed or 7th seed

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by howo13579, Apr 11, 2013.

1. howo13579

howo13579 Member

Should we fight for the 6 seed and hope Memphis somehow get 3rd seed or should we tank and stay at 7th seed to avoid Denver? IMO, we have higher chance upsetting Memphis than Spurs but we won' have any chance against Denver. Denver's remaining games are pretty easy. For Memphis to surpass Denver we need to lose tomorrow night. However if we're fighting for 6th seed, we have to try our best to win every game. Best case is we lose Memphis and win enough remaining games to get to 6th seed and Denver dropped to 5th seed. Should we gamble and lose to Memphis? It'll be epic if we beat LAL in the last game and kick them out of playoffs and we clich 6th seed.

2. wekko368

wekko368 Member

Why not?

3. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

People seem to be forgetting that in one of our games vs. Denver we had it pretty much wrapped up until Gallinari went insane, and this last game we were on a back-to-back on the road at altitude without Parsons and Delfino AND Wilson Chandler had to go off. On the other hand, we may be able to beat a hobbled Spurs team, too.

4. cbb139

cbb139 Member

Denver has 4 weak opponents, they should win it all. They will stay the 3rd seed. I'd take my chances against spurs or Thunders. Nuggets are just red hot, plus a really bad match up for the rockets

5. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

How many threads are we going to have on this?

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Only want the 6th seed if LAC is the 3rd seed. (LAC 2 games back of Denver. Seems unlikely they'll overtake Denver.) Otherwise, 7th I guess.

Remaining schedules:

Denver: @Dallas, vs Portland, @Milwaukee, vs Phoenix
    Golden State: vs Oklahoma City, @Los Angeles(LAL), vs San Antonio, @Portland
    Houston: vs Memphis, vs Sacramento, @Phoenix, @Los Angeles(LAL)
    Los Angeles(LAC): @New Orleans, @Memphis, vs Portland, @Sacramento
    Memphis: @Houston, vs Los Angeles(LAC), @Dallas, vs Utah
    Oklahoma City: @Golden State, @Portland, vs Sacramento, vs Milwaukee
    San Antonio: vs Sacramento, @Los Angeles(LAL), @Golden State, vs Minnesota

7. kastuul

kastuul Member

7th seed has a better chance than 6th seed.
    That's true.

8. Raven

Raven Member

The most important thing i s that Harden get some rest. If that means we stay at 7th, so be it.

9. jocar

jocar Member

Shhh, don't let the OP know his opinion isn't more special than everyone else's or he take out his wrath on Mchale or Harden

10. Raven

Raven Member

Oh, I forgot, Harden can't be rested, not without tyrant Stern dropping the hammer.

11. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Want the Spurs.

I think we can take them to atleast a 6 game series.
    If we can play uptempo I think it will wear them out. No Manu, banged up Parker.

We also stand to gain the most experience from that series.

Of the Top 3 I want the least to do of Denver.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

7th, against the Spurs.....I can go to a couple games in San Antonio and make new friends.

:)

DD

13. trowa2

trowa2 Member

chillax, we are going to beat whoever our opponent is.

14. anthony1604

anthony1604 Member

why in the hell do yall want to face Denver??? they have raped us every game this season

15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

While winning a series would be incredibly great either way, I would take much more satisfaction in beating The Spurs.

16. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

I respect Denver and like I been saying in other similar threads I give the Rox little chance to beat Nuggets or the Spurs, but OKC to me is the scariest match up of all the top teams. The Spurs match up is starting to become more intriguing to me however with their continued health concerns.

17. pbnfamilia

pbnfamilia Member

I prefer the sixth spot we can beat Denver, our bench is different ,harden seems to be in good health .Playoffs are different with a 1day rest after every game it should be plenty of rest. Plus home court advantage over 7and 8. You cant settle for 7th if u can get 6th. It doesn't matter if they beat us 4 times , The spurs in 1994 beat us 5 times in regular season play , we beat the in the playoffs and won a championship that year. Not saying that we will win one this year , hope so but my point is regular season play is regular season play , anything can happen in the playoffs

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

#18 J.R., Apr 11, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
  19. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

20. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

hell, oklahoma is the heaviest rockets state (more than texas even) in the poll