1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

6'8'' Aaron Gordon, future NBA star.

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by MourningWood, Mar 25, 2013.

1. 713

713 Member

Jabari Parker. Julius Randle. Noah Vonleh, The Harrison Twins.

2. Stash Musial

Stash Musial Member

blake is 6'8.5

3. sgl_carlos

sgl_carlos Member

i think julius randle is better than aaron gordon

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'd say for Wiggins that there is a good chance he'll be a star in the NBA. I'm not sure about how special he'll be from there on out...I'm just not ready to put anyone in the Hall of Fame yet I guess. I've seen and witnessed the hype of Greg Oden AKA the Next Bill Russell :p

I think that next draft, 2014 draft could be similar to the Wade/Lebron/Melo draft.

But I really don't get into the hype of these guys any more I guess.

5. MourningWood

MourningWood Member

Gordon, along with Wiggins, Walker, and Parker, put on a show at the Mickey D's dunk fest.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pSREYLks-JI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

It would have been nice to see him shoot the basketball. It looked like his form was pretty awkward from one of the two jumpers he took. He is big and very athletic, but I didn't see a ton of tools outside of dunking on display.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Aaron Gordon is definitely not a shooter. That was clear when his team played against Travis. That could come later but probably not his freshman year at Kentucky.

8. Shaud

Shaud Member

He announces today

9. MourningWood

MourningWood Member

Aaron Gordon just announced for Arizona.

[​IMG]

10. Shaud

Shaud Member

It's official Aaron Gordon is a Wildcat.

Arizona that is

11. jvu

jvu Member

I think he's 6'9 now.. he's definitely my favorite HS player since his sophomore year. He's a freaking beast

12. MourningWood

MourningWood Member

AG just picked up MVP honors at the McDonald's AA Game with 24 points & 8 boards.

13. SK34

SK34 Member

HEs teaming up with

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OZvguZLIQn8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

They are gonna be dangerous.

14. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/aaron-gordon

Aaron Gordon

NBA Comparison: Michael Beasley
    Strengths: A freakish athlete with incredible explosiveness who has been dominant throughout his HS career ... Has rare physical gifts with his great length, leaping ability and body control ... Huge, strong hands allow him to grab rebounds and corral ally oops with ease, a skill that is underrated and many NBA players lack ... Has an excellent basketball body and is well developed physically with broad, cut shoulders and arms ... Good conditioning. Capable of playing an entire HS game and barely appears winded ... Well spoken kid who seems to have a solid understanding of what he does well and plays to his strengths ... Does a solid job of forcing the issue and drawing contact to get to the line ... Has some back to the basket skills with the ability to gain position on the block and create a wide target and overpower opponents, outclassing them with his great size, strength and athleticism ... Shows some ability to handle the ball in the open floor and has decent speed when he gets a head of steam ...

Weaknesses: His game shows a lot of potential, but he's far from a finished product ... His shooting ability is troublesome. He shoots roughly 50% from the FT line and has no consistency outside of the paint ... Tweener. Doesn't have a well defined NBA position at this point. While he has tremendous explosiveness, he lacks perimeter skills (shooting, passing) and great foot speed. Lack of foot speed hurts him on both ends of the floor as it limits his on ball perimeter defensive efficiency as well as his ability to get by opponents off the dribble ... Foot work is not very good for a high level athlete ... While he is an elite athlete, his general quickness is not at an elite level ... Shows some developed ball handling ability but his lack of foot speed negates that ability to some degree. He gets nearly all of his points playing as a 4, and there are major questions about his ability to create offense for himself facing the basket. Granted, he's by far the tallest player on his high school team, so playing anything other than center is irrational from a team standpoint ... Plays too upright defensively. Looks a little stiff in his movements. While his physical strength is good, he appears to lack some flexibility in his body. Ankles and hips lack fluidity as he appears to run and move more like a 4 than a 3 ... Has been called "California soft" by some observers, but to his credit doesn't shy away from contact. He'll need to get a lot tougher if he decides that PF is his best position for the NBA level ...

Notes: Is coming off a broken foot which sidelined him for the majority of the summer. So his athleticism/fluidity may not be back to 100% ... How much that injury is still affecting him is a consideration ... Younger brother of former New Mexico PF Drew Gordon ... His recruitment is down to 3 schools: Kentucky, Washington and Arizona ... Having gone to a prep school for his senior year probably would have helped in his one and done aspirations (level of competition), although he seems to be focused and has played high level competition throughout the summers in AAU ball ... Measured 6'8 (in shoes) 207 lbs, with a 6'11 wingspan at the 2011 LeBron James Skills Academy.

15. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

so he can dunk?

not impressed with this guy

16. MourningWood

MourningWood Member

Child, please.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/V38l74TF6dw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. trowa2

trowa2 Member

WOOOOOOOOOOOW

18. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

I like his mentality he has a whole lot of confidence which might come off as cockiness. I'm not sold yet though