1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

666 new Texas laws go into effect Sept1

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Amiga, Aug 31, 2021.

1. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

No problem with that, but what do you think about anyone being able to sue anyone involved with someone who allegedly has an abortion after 6 weeks?

ElPigto likes this.
  2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Do we care about bodily autonomy or not?

If you do, you cannot have abortion bans

If you don't, you cannot have vaccine passport bans

snowconeman22 and JayGoogle like this.
  3. malakas

malakas Member

Your beliefs are crap.

4. malakas

malakas Member

I have lost all respect i had for Texas and texans with these new medieval misogynistic new laws that abuse and torture women.
    The worst state in america to live as a woman hands down.
    Congrats for your votes of such pigs as leaders you are all responsible.

Rashmon and fchowd0311 like this.
  5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Muh fReEdOoMs to oppress women must not be infringed!

Ottomaton and malakas like this.
  6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I believe you said before you are from Greece (I remember good Papanikolou insight back in the day) so maybe you just aren’t familiar with Texas but it really is more of a territory with a collection of city states where because of the land mass, the rural parts of the state rule over the cities which are completely different than the Texas country redneck areas. The major flaw in America’s Democracy is that land is weighted in voting power over sheer population.

Austin, Houston, San Antonio, and even Dallas are actually great cities to live in with great diversity. But we all are held hostage by bumfck Texas and the bubble suburban community’s like Friendswood, the woodlands, Trophy Club, Boerne, etc. These pockets of highly concentrated right wing voters in suburban bubbles allow state officials the ability to electioneer and rig for minority rule.

So Texas isn’t what you’d think. We are just victim to the US’ flawed Democracy where land votes not people. Our friends overseas probably just don’t see that America is way less of a true Democracy than we like to say we are. Hell… our Constitution never explicitly gives every American the right to vote.

Also Alabama and Mississippi are the worst… by far. I just simply do not have enough time to tell you how much those two states suck.

7. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ive always said i totally favor the right of people to forgo any and all vaccines, so long as they are willing to live in a cabin in the woods and stay totally out of any interaction with the rest of sociery.

Your right to self autonomy ends at the point that you endanger other sophonts. I'm happy, for instance, to allow people to drink themselves to death via alcohol, but in doing so, we should hopefuly all agree that it is appropriate to prevent them from driving around town and endangering the lives of others while they are busy killing themselves.

If getting an abortion made you a carrier for Ebola I'd totally be in favor of forcing women that exercise their rights to stay out of public until they were no longer dangerous. Freeeom of actions doesnt guarantee freedom from consequences from those choices.

It is totally their right to not get vaccinated, but they have to understand that their absolute personal freedom ends where it impinges on the rights of the public at large.

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I agree with this in theory, but what f*cks this whole thought process is that fully vaccinated people can spread covid at a significant rate.

Efficacy against infection, according to Israeli data, showed Phizer dropping like an absolute rock the further out from vaccination, down to 16% efficacy for those they vaccinated in January. To discern an unvaccinated person from a vaccinated person in terms of risk of spread to the public at the point of sub 20% efficacy against infection becomes really tough.

The only way I'd discern unvaccinated people from vaccinated people in terms of public risk at this point is clogging up the hospitals.

Outside of that, it seems like the idea of a vaccine passport is built upon outdated data.

Astrodome likes this.
  9. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm already seeing talk of boycotts of Texas. These laws are going to have many negative effects on Texas.

Nook, JayGoogle, IBTL and 1 other person like this.
  10. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

11. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

12. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Only in Texas does a virus have more rights than a woman

13. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

It's separation of other churches and the state

malakas and Phillyrocket like this.
  14. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

15. SuraGotMadHops

Very mature, and a direct attack on a fundamental tenet of Christianity that millions and millions around the globe believe in. This really just proves your intolerance of certain religious beliefs. I'll pray for you.

16. SuraGotMadHops

If you believe this, then you have a horrible misconception of Christianity.

IBTL likes this.
  17. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Roe vs. What?

malakas likes this.
  18. SuraGotMadHops

I'll admit that seems well beyond the scope of reasonableness, but I can see why that was included. If you have a doctor and patient that both want to break this new law and proceed with an abortion, the only thing that could work as a deterrent is the threat of being sued by any third party.

19. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

false call ..AND im going to report you for not being christian enough.. TO THE GALLOWS SURA MAD

malakas and SuraGotMadHops like this.
  20. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Conservative Christians are no better than Conservative Muslims. Both are trying to push their belief of fairies in the sky on others so they can control things. Both are based on a the same propaganda stories.

deb4rockets and Phillyrocket like this.