1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

610am morning show calling for Morey to get fired.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Verbatim, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Hicklander

Hicklander Contributing Member

How did he call him out.. ? What did he say..

2. Child_Plz

Child_Plz Member

3. That Boi Oz

That Boi Oz Member

610 is always trippin. I stopped listening to 610 over a year ago. Sounds like the programming has just been going down hill.

They still have the Texans so their rating will continue to be high but I won't be tuning in.

4. rocketry

rocketry Member

Don't post much. But 610 has plummeted in quality and content.

For the past 15 years I've listened religiously. Now can't stand listening for 15 seconds. Thank God for 790 and 1560.

Innes has a right to be a petty, uninformed little girl and we have a right to boycott until he's fired.

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I've heard this before and it's just a brutally realistic example of what can happen when some local radio HACK gets a little to big for his britches and tries to mix it up with an actual professional comedian.

Rich is a seasoned and professional radio vet and he's smart enough to know that he should just let the guy who's actually FUNNY handle the comedy material and not try to compete with him or get in his way. Innes......not so much.

Understandably, people who actually take their creative craft seriously and depend on it for their livelihood can get a little irritated when your average idiot like Innes mistakenly assumes that it's easy and anyone can do it.

6. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

Wait wait wait...Jim Rome still has a show?! Rome is more unlistenable than anyone on 610, including Ennis.

7. ChievousFTFace

ChievousFTFace Contributing Member

I would rather listen to Rome give verbal fellacio to all of Los Angeles sports for a lifetime than listen to Josh Innes for 5 minutes talking about any Houston sports.

The only time my dial will hit 610 is if I'm in the car and the Texans are playing.

8. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

I'd rather stick needles in my eyes than listen to either.

9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

wow, i just listened to the Frank Caliendo segment and all i can say is ...wow.

"Yeah Frank ...we know you can do voices".

The freaking dude is a comedian that you invited on the air to do voices you fool. Who invites someone into a studio and than insults them? That was painful as hell to listen to. It was a classic case of my ego is bigger than your penis. The guy is trash.

10. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

Again, hey Josh Inness, Meltser used his real name why are you such a vagina?

Stop being such a p***y.

Also let me cue up your ratings are declining, your fat and all your radio experience can be referenced as 'lame ass schtick"

11. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I totally agree with you in boycotting 610!....I'm ashamed to admit it but up
    until a week ago I was still listening to J&R on my drive home from work, hoping
    that they would some how see that what they are doing is alienating a large
    portion of Houston sports fans with their constant trashing of the Rockets/Astros.
    I am not a native Houstonian but I'ved lived here for nearly 40yrs and consider
    Houston my hometown.

Unfortunately I've come to the conclusion that "It is what It is". They are
    going to continue this type of behavior because it's allowed to continue from
    upper management! There is no one there with enough foresight to see that you
    can not have a station full of outsiders continuously bashing the home team and
    think the loyal fanbase will not bolt to another sports station.

Quoting Popeye;
    " I've stands enough I can't stands no more"

Bye,Bye J&R......Hello Matt Thomas/Charlie Pallilo!

12. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

Money talks and BS walks. If people quit listening, they'll be out of a job. So... Don't listen!

13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

My brother told me that Josh Innes was digging into Clutch and members of this board hard yesterday.

This guy is calling other people lame/losers? My pinky has more game than this dude. What an eyesore.

14. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Meh. I'll still listen daily for my Texans fix.

15. clos4life

clos4life Member

Good for you. Personally, you couldn't pay me to listen to their morning/afternoon drive home but if it doesn't bother you, good for you.

16. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

17. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Font get me wrong. I dislike the station because of all the non sports crap they talk about.

But this being a football town, sr610 does a great job of covering the Texans.

They called out clutchfans again this morning. Lopez said we all hide behind our screen names.....apparently we're all trolls who are sheep to the rockets. .....drinking the koolaid.

If they keep doing this I won't tune in anymore except for the Texans show with Vandermeer.

18. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

that's why we all need to collectively boycott his show and spread the word. Then he won't be able to make a living doing it.

19. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

They know they suck, that's why they worry too damn much. They know this place carries weight.

20. conquistador#11

Chupacabra is also a monsterquest joke. His bias for A&M and the spurs comes through all the way from the 410 loop. Funny how these infidels call us sheep and homers when they're bigger homer for their own teams. That's what I cannot stand. He basically stirs the maroonish koolaid.
    I remember him ripping U of H only to land their coach. That was funny.
    He is a decent writer but is no bueno on the air. They ruined Vandy's show by placing chupa with him. I miss vandy.

And I like how Sr610 wants people to believe the texans chose them when in reality, CBS paid the $. I wish 790 could do an "unofficial" post game and pregame.