1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

610am morning show calling for Morey to get fired.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Verbatim, Aug 14, 2012.

1. Raven

Raven Member

You're blaming the wrong person. Les is responsible for this mess, and Morey is going to do what his boss orders him to do.

2. Nimo

Nimo Member

Maybe you're right but he's the spokesperson. He's the one that came out and said we need a superstar. He never said "Mr Alexander feels we need a superstar." He should have if that was the case. Actually I would rather they did less talking and just did the work. No one in Houston would have cared about Dwight Howard if it wasn't made public that the Rockets were pursuing him. Or they should have given Orlando a deadline giving the impression of walked out on them rather than giving the impression of getting walked out on.

3. caneks

caneks Rookie

Looks like Morey has no responsibility for anything in rockets except success stories. This confuses me. I am wondering what is his job, anyway? :confused:

4. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

So let me get this straight, not only do you want them to do thier own jobs, you also want them to control all sources of information in every other organization and to have total control of every tweet, news article and insider source. Because that is what you are asking for. The organization never came out and said they were pursuing Dwight Howard, that was all external sources.

And I don't know if you have been paying attention, but the Rockets did walk out on Orlando. They gave an offer, one that was clearly better than what they got. Orlando asked for more, we told them to go **** themselves.

Wanting more from this situation is plain greedy and a sign of a spolied fan. Was this an ideal outcome? No. Was this handling the situation exactly as they should? Absolutely.

How about drafting? Give him hell for the Morris pick. Faried would have been a great pick instead.

5. Nimo

Nimo Member

Morey: "I do, yeah. I do feel like it was close, but they did their diligence and they were searching for something they thought they liked even more, and they liked this trade better than anything we could offer.”

Nets GM Billy King: "We’re building, we’re going forward. I’m looking forward to seeing this team playing. I’m not focusing on another date or doing anything. I’m moving forward with this team here.”

6. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Did anybody hear the afternoon show today on 610?
    Josh came on the air and said ever single person on clutch fans are the biggest losers in the world and that everybody on clutch fans are petty like the Rockets.

What a punk, he can dish it out but when anybody says something about him he cries like a little girl.

7. roxxy

roxxy Member

Lol. Someone's mad.

8. clos4life

clos4life Member

Haha, he is feeling the pressure. What a pathetic wannabe!

If he is that rattled by us he truly is petty and small minded. Perhaps he fears his job is at risk.

Newsflash! It's not because of us you noob, it's because you suck at your job! haha!

9. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

Your right he does suck, to bad I think he could be good if he would use his head instead running his mouth always trying to stir something up.

10. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

You run a confusing argument.

For 2 years now Morey has been looking for a superstar.

Last season he had success in landing one. Only for "basketball reasons" to be quoted (the NBA, where amazing happens...)

This season he had what many of us felt was a great package for Dwight Howard. Unfortunately the Magic rated Afflalo as a 'young superstar' and so chose that deal instead.
    Many of us disagree with the choice of the Magic, most expert commentators included. But since we didn't actually HAVE an Afflalo on our roster, there was nothing we could do to match this offer.

However, in both these years of failing and being failed, Morey has accumulated more and more "pieces" to package for a superstar. Next summer we go in with full capspace, multiple first round picks, and the very strong chance of having an "Afflalo" on our roster (ie, one of our young guys averages 15ppg). Morey will again step up to bat, and swing for the fences. If the NBA vetoes the trade, or if someone chooses an inferior package based on their desire for a certain player, technically yes, Morey "failed".

But I think the phraseology is way too harsh.

If it was as easy to get a superstar as many idiot fans think, then every team would have one, and they wouldn't be the most sought after commodity in all of basketball.....
    All we can do is keep trying to get a "current one" while at the same time positioning ourselves in the best possible way to develop/draft a "future one".

11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

lol gotten to

12. nono

nono Member

I hope next summer when we have the cap space we don't give foolish money to some b-list star.

13. dialtone888

dialtone888 Rookie

Billy King gave the team too much comfort saying that **** . Like saying "It's alright to lose cuz we rebuilding, and I will still use you guys even if we do bad.

14. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Do you think that's a Morey move?

I doubt he gives the max to the Rudy Gays of this world.

But that's just my read of his manouevring thus far.

15. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

He has said it before. Josh Enis called out Dave Hardisty (Clutch) a few weeks ago (during summer leagues) as well as the entire bbs. The dude is not only ignorant but a complete douch bag. I almost made a thread about it bit changed my mind thinking he was not worth the time. I have not listened to 610 since.

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

No. Lulz.

17. Child_Plz

Child_Plz Member

That's what exactly he want's you to do.

18. Child_Plz

Child_Plz Member

I think this sums it up.

19. sjackson0

sjackson0 Contributing Member

Yes I did and then I switched back to charlie because he was on commerical break. Since I'm a loser, i will just listen to the commericals on 790 or maybe turn to the Gay Bar Bandit Mike Berry until the commerial break on 790 is over. (i hate commericals and Josh Innes's mother the same)

20. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I'll say it again ...boycott that sh#t. Who the hell wants to listen to a self-righteous Knicks fan bash the home team? I'd rather a trip to Montrose for some good ol' fashoned S&M.