1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    TWOLVES vs NUGGETS GAME 7. Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

610am Gilbert/Clemens

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by The Real Shady, Aug 17, 2005.

Tags:
  1. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Bwah! :D

2. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Nice post d, you nailed it. And I totally agree with you on Rich and Marc. They are unlistenable. I was a big fan of John and Lance up until recently. I think Adam and Matt have the only good show on there these days.

3. jlaw718

jlaw718 Contributing Member

Word. I think even Chance has this one pegged. That's why he's underground on this.

It's just bad form.

4. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I was hoping for some sort of explanation. Chance is awesome, he's treated me far better than I deserve, but I'd really like to hear the rationale behind this. I get really upset listening to the promos they have for it.

5. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

6. wesnesked

wesnesked Contributing Member

What promos are you talking about?

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I listen online nearly all day at work and during the commercials, they play a clip of him snoring and the morning guys just cracking up. I can't remember what else it says off the top of my head, but if the guy's seriously slow, I can't justify listening to a station that makes fun of that. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt because Chance has been so good to me.

8. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

How often do they have Gilbert on? I thought Chance said we will be hearing less of him when this whole Gilbert thing started.

9. Fatty FatBastard

What are you talking about? They ran a promo on me being a moron. And nobody got uppity about that?

What gives? I've been called an idiot rather frequently here, yet nobody catches my back...

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

And I repay that by spending time with you outside the board. :)

11. Fatty FatBastard

Eh, I'm just giving you a hard time. I guess my point is, if Gilbert had any problem with it, I guarantee you they'd pull it immediately. My guess is that Gilbert is enjoying his little notoriety.

I thought mine was funny as hell, personally.

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

But if he is slow, he doesn't know any better. He probably is enjoying it, but he doesn't realize they're laughing at him, not with him.

I don't think I ever heard them.

13. Fatty FatBastard

I think they are laughing with him a lot of the time, especially when he fell asleep. That was crazy. I guess I just don't see anything really mean-spirited. But that's me.

It was only one promo, and I think they only ran it for a few days. The problem was, it was probably the first time 610 actually BERATED a caller. ie. I told this betting guru that he was clueless and didn't know what he was talking about. I told all of the listeners to go with Tech and the spread. I even went as far as to say "bet your house" on it.

Tech didn't cover. I had egg on my face. They called me "nomad" Jim the rest of the morning. The problem was that every caller that morning called in to call me an idiot, a r****d, and a moron, including some of my friends.

When I finally did call in, we all had a good laugh. I said I was still correct 99% of the time.

14. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

You have to call back this year Fatty. Does Tech play Kansas again? That would be perfect. :D

15. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

Guys.. do what I did, CHANGE IT TO 790 and never look back (if you dont have cable for the rox games it's ok I guess).. Like I've said before 610 is crap and this is driving the point home even further..

16. Fatty FatBastard

Kansas @ Texas Tech - Oct. 1st Remind me to call on Sept. 30th. I'm still driving blind. (my car doesn't carry a.m.)