1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[610] - Mo Taylors Comments after Practice

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stack24, Feb 8, 2005.

1. tsl99

tsl99 Member

Nothing wrong with his comment, what you guys expect him to say? MoT played good offense, poor defense and rebound, but that's way it is, the coach's job is to use his best potential, not put him into IL.

2. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

My hatred for this fat f*** keeps growing by the day.

3. eyhab27

eyhab27 Contributing Member

Too bad for MoT... I always liked that guy cuz he always leaves it on the floor. He seems like a really good guy. Its not that he is lazy, he plays hard defense and always gives up his body for the charge. He gets at least one or two of those calls a game. I kind of miss seeing him play. Bye bye Mo :(

4. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

MoT has jumpshot will travel.I agree that he is not the same guy whom we rescued from the Good Ship Lollypop.Mo had a great attitude when he came over from the Clippers,but I get the impression he has become jaded and is now resigned to the mercenary lifestyle of an NBA player.Mo was never the same after the Philly game where he tore his achilles.He looked to be posting up,basically opening up his game.Now,he is a one dimensional malcontent.These are the kind of statements that losers make.MoTay might be towing the company line,but his comments speak volumes about his attitude towards the game.

5. ChenZhen

ChenZhen Contributing Member

Mo is the laziest defender I've ever seen in my life. He's probably excellent at taking the charge because he's too lazy and slow to move anywhere defensively so he just stand there.

I do admit he's great at taking the charge. I'm not sure about your leave it out on the floor comment.

6. Pipe

Pipe Contributing Member

From today's Chron:

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/3031095

Rockets Summary

Taylor awaits return

Maurice Taylor said he is surprised and disappointed by the fact that he remains on the Rockets' injured list. He joined the team's full practice on Tuesday and said he felt great and played well.

"I'm not going to say I'm not disappointed," Taylor said. "I'd rather be playing. But hey, it'll take more than that to break me.

"I played well today in practice. It's more of a team thing than me. They've been playing well, so that's how it goes."

Taylor has said he has been ready to be activated since he got over the flu, which put him on the injured list Jan. 18.

But after spending the mandatory five games on the list with the flu, the Rockets changed his injury to plantar fasciitis.

Trainer Keith Jones said Taylor has been cleared to play, but coach Jeff Van Gundy has not activated him and says only that Taylor will return when he is ready.

There also have been rumblings about Taylor being traded, but such rumors have been ongoing since the season started. Taylor said he has heard the rumors and is not fazed.

"I still get paid no matter where I go," he said.

I'm no great MoT fan, but your report of what he said was definitely misleading. I'll assume you didn't have your tape recorder on.
    ;)

7. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

when he's ready = when they give him the plane tickets to Portland

8. TimmyB34

TimmyB34 Member

How many people want to pitch in money to buy Mo Taylor a plane ticket out of town? Probably a bad idea considering he already has a lot of Houston's money...

9. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

Mo,

Trust me. The writing is on the wall.

Sincerely,
    [​IMG]

10. Willis25

[​IMG]

...and every NBA city has a store that carries cheeto's & donuts too Mo - so you will be set

11. eyhab27

eyhab27 Contributing Member

Im gonna miss Mo's dunks. I remmeber this one dunk that he had on Shawn Bradley. That is one of my all-time favorite dunks in a game situation. The man is very aggresive around the basket, you cant knock him on that. Good luck Mo.

12. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Show me the money! Let me hear it Les Alexander! SHOW ME THE MONEY!! Scream it! SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWW ME THE MONEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!

It is sad but oh so true with this guy....... why in the world did we get Mo Tay in the first place? I love Rudy but he man was he a sucker to these money hoggin lazy players. He worked well with veterans who had already great established work ethics but when it came to the lazy bums.... we need a guy who carries a bull whip on his side.

13. Willis25

I think guys like Mo are the reason people (the few) are down on Yao

Mo T was a 17pt 5 reb a night guy with upside - we signed him to a high $$ long term deal to be our low post player of the future and look what happened

Yao is a 19 and 9 guys with more upside - but for some there is that fear that HE will start hitting the bong like Mo

#53 Willis25, Feb 9, 2005
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2005
  14. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

If he were aggressive around the basket he wouldn't be sittin' on the IL with plantar-ipissedthecoachoffitus.....:confused:

15. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

:eek: :eek:

16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I like ASIANS!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE ASIANS!!!!!!!!!!!

17. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Especially Pekingese.

18. Willis25

its fixed !

19. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I thought maybe you were saying that Yao would drive us all to despair!! ;)