1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[610] - Mo Taylors Comments after Practice

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stack24, Feb 8, 2005.

1. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I don't know how many of you caught the little 610 intereview of Taylor after practice.

They asked him whether he is bothered by the lack of playing time and being on the IL even though he is healthy.

Taylor : No i am not really bothered. I know i have been playing well in practice but it's not me it's more of a team thing. I don't think it has to do so much with me rather just the team. They are playing well so that might be the reaston

Reporter: Does it bother you to hear comments and rumors about you trying to be traded and moved to another team

Taylor: No it doesn't matter to much, I WILL STILL GET PAID WHEREVER I AM.

basically looks like Mo Taylor has played his last game as a Rocket or this is his last year one way or another.

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Ever the diplomat. (insert roll-eyes here)

3. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

Well the thing is all the players that he cared for are already gone. He was obviously tight w/ Steve, Cat, Cato, JJ etc......All of them are gone. I know he still loves Houston as a city, but I think even he knows the time has come to move on...........always liked Mo, but I think his time has come:(

4. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Yea, I've NEVER heard a player say (about his mysterious stint on the IL) that it is just a team thing that he is still there. I mean, doesn't he have any pride as an athlete, or does he only care that he is getting paid big for nothing? Just sounds like he is WAY to OK about it. Maybe he knows of something going on behind the scenes and knows he will definitely be gone soon.

5. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

I don't see anything wrong with that comment by Mo. At least he's not being a baby about it which is how a lot of nba players act when in his situation.

6. IndianPlaya

IndianPlaya Contributing Member

MOT needs to suck it up and becmoe more of an inside player.

7. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

Damn, I saw 610 and Mo Taylor and thought that he has been traded...but its just an interview :mad:

8. ddly_tng

ddly_tng Member

I'm looking a little too deep into it, but MoT's use of "they" is indicative of him referring to the team as a separate entity and not implying that he is part of the team.

Once again, I'm looking deep into his words. But that's only cause I'm hoping for a trade.

9. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

I hope they trade him. He just doesn't fit w/ this squad.

What a waste of money. :mad:

10. jiggadi

jiggadi Contributing Member

Man, I was really hopeing that Mo would turn his game into something that could really benefit us this year. But each and every day he is looking more and more like dead weight. Rockets should just pull a Matt Maloney and let him go somewhere else. If he is getting paid that much and not even having to play what does that do to the team morale and guys that are out there busting thier butts for much less.

11. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Agreed. It's obvious that MoT doesn't want to sit the bench but he has kept his mouth shut.

Hell, that would be my exact point of view if I was MoT.

12. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Unfortunately, I don't think is properly used in our system. MoT is great offensive player and somehow JVG hasn't figure a way to use him. He just doesn't fit anymore which is a shame since his contract is so big, I doubt we can trade him for anything but dead weight.

13. rocksolid

rocksolid Contributing Member

He's been the 2nd highest paid Rocket for a couple years now...not really hurting morale...

14. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Waste of money? It isn't coming out of your pocket.

I don't necessarily want to unload MoT for nothing so hopefully they can get something valuable in return. MoT for a trade exception, like Glenn Rice, is a bad move, IMO. I still think MoT has untapped talent there but I am doubting more and more that the Rox will ever realize that talent.

15. lalala902102001

The thing is that unless the Rockets are willing to take on someone else's dead weight Mo is probably stuck with us for a while. I'd rather find a way to get him motivated again (which would help on the court and help his trade value) rather than let him rot on the IL.

Like he said, he is going to get paid one way or another.

16. Rudyball

Rudyball Contributing Member

Looks like he is resigned to playing just his game as he knows it. he hasn't been a cancer or anything way negative for the team.

I wish him well, and hope we can get some benefit from his departure.

17. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

The problem is the only thing he can do is shoot. He can't do anything else. To succeed in JVG's system you have to do a few other things. We need hustle, passing, rebounding, shotblocking, just something.

18. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

BEST COMMENT EVER :D

I guess he gets the Jim Jackson award for most disgruntled Rocket ! [​IMG]

#18 Willis25, Feb 8, 2005
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2005
  19. Charvo

Charvo Member

His comments remind me of what Robert Horry said before he was traded for Barkley.

"As long the checks come on the 15th and 30th, it's alright with me."

20. fa7999

fa7999 Member

Who are THEY?:mad: