1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[610] JVG interview

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jeff Who, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Didn't see it posted...

Sports Radio 610

Direct link

Another interview with T-Mac. He is a smart guy and still is high on us.

He belives we are the ONLY team in the West that can beat the Lakers in a 7-game series.

He doesn't belive one thing. Why Artest can't play in Philly and than can play 24 later in Boston. He doesn't understands why T-Mac plays 42 minutes in Philly and that can't play in Boston. If you can play, play in EVERY GAME. If you can't, SIT.

And I pretty much agree with this.

2. Evil Empire

Evil Empire Member

we need him coaching this team, not talking about them

3. EGYPT

EGYPT Member

JVG is a hypocrite, a player can not play 2 games in a row if he did not feel good at the end of one game and then it was decided to rest him for 24-48 hours until he feels better. It happends all the time.

He is the reason why TMac is holding this organization hostage right now and not willing to move the ball and run on the court becasue he spoiled him for 4 years.

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I think JVG means doing it consistently, its understandable to do it for a week or two, but over months it's unusual. He's basically saying it looks like its prolonging the issue instead of just taking 8-10 straight games out and solving the issue.

5. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

That is why, if a player feels bad after one game, he needs to take time off. You gotta be healthly, that's the key to success. It puts the coach in the difficult position but it also doesn't help team's chemistry.

I don't think he spoiled T-Mac. Actually I think McGrady had a great time under JVG.

6. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

yo jeff are they still on?

7. EGYPT

EGYPT Member

well Ron is having to come back from recuperating when Tmac is making his own decisions on when or not to play and Battier has been doing just that he came back and then when he did not feel healthy he went back out for about 10 days now but this team will not win with the tough schedule on the road without Tmac and Ron.

8. EGYPT

EGYPT Member

JVG also stated that "you can make a case that this team has over-achieved so far this season with only 2 games with a full roster".

9. EGYPT

EGYPT Member

TMac had his tantrums with JVG as well I remember one time when he refused to get in the game and walked back to the locker room and all the phantom injuries started under JVG era.

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Well they're not exactly winning right now, i'd rather have them take time off, in 10 games they would go about 3-7 without them, if they go in and out like they have been, they'd probably go 5-5, not a big difference, at least later both will be good to go and they should win 75% of games or more...basically sacrifice some games now for more later and it will even out or workout better. The point is come playoff time the whole team will be ready. Right now, this may continue the rest of the year, which means they'll have to trade off taking rest in the playoffs, or they'll shut it down the LAST 10 games of the season in hopes of being ready for the playoffs, but that may hurt their seeding or take them out of the playoffs completely.

11. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

when was this, exactly? I think your memory may be a little skewed.

but JVG is right to a certain extent, if you are going to play, PLAY. If not, don't play until you can do it consistantly. Being in and out of lineups doesnt really help.

12. worzel gummidge

According to Feigen, Morey wanted McGrady to sit this time around, but McGrady wanted to do his no back to back thing instead.

13. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

JVG should come back to the Rockets. He clearly knows and cares about this team.

14. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Early candidate for Dumbest Post of 2009. You're in the running, buddy!

15. janpwnz

janpwnz Member

JVG is absolutely right on T-Mac. I really don't hold any grudges against T-mac and his poor performance as of late, but he needs to sit out until he's fully recover. We can win many games without T-mac given the talents we already have on this team. It's painful to watch T-mac on leaguepass displaying half of what he's capable of when he was healthy. GAWD JUST SIT OUT UNTIL U'R HEALTHY! :mad:

16. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

And I would agree. Look at our schedule and our roster game by game. We are fortunate to have the record we do

17. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

I don't agree with JVG about the team over achieving. Is he counting all the games the rockets have pissed away against poor teams this season. The rockets record should be way better than what it currently is.

18. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I love JVG. He should come back as an assistant coach.

19. dskillz

dskillz Contributing Member

My question is why Morey would even agree to this at all? If T-Mac is hurt, he needs to sit, stay home, rest. Not the every other game crap. You will never get healthy that way.

20. djperm

djperm Contributing Member

or maybe as a second defensive coordinator :cool: