1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[610] idiots on the radio this morning

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by seclusion, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Little O

Little O Contributing Member

Yao was definitely one of the main culprits last night, but I don't see how you can say that McGrady had a good game last night.

He shot poorly again, 40% is not good. His defense was poor. His lift is still not there (he layed up too many shots that should have been dunks, bumbled an alley oop, got blocked at the end of the game). He started the game aggressive but started to settle for jumpers more and more. And right now he hasn't convinced me that he will ever come back to his usual self. He is looking old to me now. If he is part of the core, this core needs to be thrown away.

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

He was into the game, and it looked to me like he was playing as hard as he has at any point this season. He is looking old, I don't dispute that.

3. rocketsmetalspd

I also thought TMac should have taken charge once Yao sat I was hoping for TMac to take over and impose his will but for some reason he did not.

4. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Oh come on, he was agressive the entire night. If I remember correctly, he took like 4 or 5 midrange jumpers and make 2 of them.

And he was 3/4 from downtown.

He had a great game when you look at 3 quaters. Than, when you add that 4th period it pretty much make it useless...

But I do think Adelman (once again) made a bad decision. T-Mac was ballin'. He was hitting shots and he took him out. He should have stayed at the floor.

5. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

If you want to see the value of Yao, even playing crappy, you look at defense first. Just watch the difference when he was in and out, it's not difficult.

6. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

McGrady DID NOT play defense well last night. All year our guards have had a problem keeping their man in front of them in a half court set or in transition. Last night was not the exception. Willie Green, Iguodala, and Miller did whatever they wanted.

7. Shaud

Shaud Member

T-mac defended Igoudala great on that last play but he was far from good on defense the whole game.

8. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

No, he landed funny and was grimacing.

9. rocketsmetalspd

As it has been stated before in other threads Yao does not play well after an extended amount of time off. Those 3 days off threw him off his rhythm.

10. Shaud

Shaud Member

I think Adelman leaves T-mac out for too long at times. Same with Yao.

11. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

ding ding ding, we have a winner. penetration on every single play leads to emphatic dunks by every player on their freaking roster.

12. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

He tweaked it. Rick called a timeout and he walked to the bench limping. But after the timeout he remained on the floor for the last 2 minutes in the 3rd...

He was ok

13. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

He put the back on the floor when they were cold (NY game) and he kept leaving them on the bench when we really needed them (Sixers game)

I have problems with Rick's decision-making.

14. Shaud

Shaud Member

:confused: :confused:

I was talking about Tracy's defense not his injury.

15. Shaud

Shaud Member

Yup and he also takes out the hot guy at times. Scola should be on the floor with the starters at the end of the game. He should of had Ron or Battier on the bench. When Scola went out so did the motion offense.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Jeff is a Tmac fanboy....he will defend him no matter what.

He is better than most though, at least he recognizes Tmac has faults.

DD

17. teamball2008

teamball2008 Member

T-MAC: 20-8 40%FG 6AST 4TO
    Yao: 11-5 45%FG 9REB 5TO
    You can say STATS don't tell everything, but I still don't understand why you dare say McGrady had a pretty good game and Yao had a terrible game. Is it b/c 24>13? Or Yao has to shoot 50%+ and get 10+ REB?

18. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

I am sorry, I didn't quote the right post.

19. Shaud

Shaud Member

40 % shooting for a wingman

45% for a Center who plays inside.

Both were bad

20. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Yeah, I am T-Mac fan, but not T-Mac only fan.

I hope you know what the difference is.

The fact is (I will say it once again) they both FAILED when we needed them.