1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[610] idiots on the radio this morning

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by seclusion, Jan 29, 2009.

1. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

This post doesn't really have a place but I can't hold my tongue (or fingers) anymore. I called in and waited about 20 minutes to get on to vent but at that point I had gotten to work and couldn't wait any longer.

2 callers in a row this morning called in and the first thing out of each of their mouths was placing blame on yao for last night. are...you...SERIOUS?

I was at the game, and granted yao had a horrible night (not to mention AI throwing one of those we'll-never-hear-the-end-of-it-dunks in his grill) but blaming that game on yao completely ignores the real problems.

a) 4th quarter offense. execution, where was it? hasn't been there for the past few games at all.
    b) defense, what defense? I'm almost positive 50% of the 76ers FGs were dunks last night. for a minute I expected dwight howard to come in out of the stands with a cape on.
    c) poor officiating as usual. I think just about every single play I saw dalembert slapping yao on his hands whenever he had the ball. yet the guy ended up with what -- 2 fouls last night?

I heard one caller b*tch about yao getting dunked on. guess what buddy, that happens when you actually try to contest shots. you shouldn't be dumping on the center, how about you actually watch the game and realize the reason it happened is because our perimeter players let them penetrate every freaking play.

all of this and we STILL had a chance to win last night. what happened?
    tmac went for good old play #1. yes, I'm sure no one saw that coming, tmac for 3 to try to win the game. nevermind that he was 0-3 that quarter. nevermind that he was being guarded by the their tallest player with the longest arms (dalembert for those unfamiliar).

I yelled at tracy...don't shoot...go to the basket...but no, he didn't hear me or anyone else I believe. I guess we didn't learn from the 0-7 (in the last 2 minutes or so) 3 point fiasco in new york on monday night. why shoot a 3 when you're at HOME and you can tie with a 2? I guess a loss is better than going to OT. whatever.

let me make this very clear for people reading. this was a TEAM loss. that last play definitely pissed me off though. there were quite a few just as bad, that was of course the most glaring (being the last play and all). I don't place the blame on tmac at all, it is equally shared across every player who stepped on the court as well as the coaches sitting on the sidelines.

bottom line is, you people calling in to 610...you're stupid, and I hate you. thanks for reading my rant (assuming you actually bothered to).

#1 seclusion, Jan 29, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2009
  2. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Wow, so basically you mean Yao was ok, Tracy sucked...

That is interesting. I understand you are frustrated but threads like this DOES NOT MAKE SENSE.

T-Mac Yao failed. That's that. Yao was taken out of the game and Tracy failed when we needed him.

3. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

nope, you missed the point. I didn't blame it on tmac. the entire game was a team effort loss. the final most glaring mistake was definitely tracy's though. for the record, I love tracy (only rockets jersey I own...I have two).

I editted my post just for you, read the second to last paragraph please.

4. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

I bothered to because its a thread .. and I guess something is wrong with you too...

if u are looking at the last play alone and blaming tracy for the loss.. u are stupid too..

the whole team screwed it up... along with mac.. and Yao.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

This team is lost right now and hopefully this home stretch will be nothing but PRACTICE, PRACTICE, and more PRACTICE. RA needs to send a message that this is OVER. Accountability for players and the choices they make. It's this home stand or never. Its gut check time.

6. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

see above.

7. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

It wasn't the best decision by T-Mac, right. But Adelman should have been more creative. EVERYBODY in Toyota Center knew it was comming...

I do belive that pick and roll was useless. Because if you are T-Mac if you go for a winning 3, you don't want to shoot it over athletic, center with long arms. I undersand if it was somebody like Yao (example) who is not athletic or quick... but Dalembert?

It would have been better decision if he just raised up over his defender.

8. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

Yao had 13 pts, 2 ass, 5 TO...kinda tough to not blame him at least a little bit.... :eek:

9. Kracka0476

Kracka0476 Member

"bottom line is, you people calling in to 610...you're stupid, and I hate you"

funny

10. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

like I said, he had a terrible game. you can't blame it on him though. the point wasn't so much that blame should be placed elsewhere...more that people watch games and are all of a sudden experts on basketball. I don't claim to be one, but I at least watch and TRY to understand what is happening.

11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

It's not often I say this, but the callers were right. McGrady had a pretty good game, and Yao had a terrible game. If that's the kind of effort we're going to get from him, we're not going anywhere.

Edit: *ok I didn't actually listen to the callers, so I can't say they're right. But Yao playing like crap was a huge factor in why we lost. It was a close game regardless, so there's always other things you bring up that we could have done better. But it shouldn't have been that close if Yao played halfway decent.

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Practice won't fix this team. Its four front compartments are flooding, it's going down by the bow, its distress calls won't be answered in time, but the band keeps on playing despite all other signs of disaster.

13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

yep, I seriously hope that wasn't the play they drew up.

14. joesr

joesr Member

I laughed too.

Sorry Jeffwho I disagree with one thing. I dont think that was the play RA concocted.

15. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

First of all, it shouldn't have happend. Situation where we were up by 9 in the 4th and at the end we had to make a shot to at least tied it up, shouldn't have been allowed.

If you are a team that has big hopes for THIS season, you can't do things like that.

But damn, Yao had some turnovers which did lead to a slam dunk on the other end by the Sixers. I am not blaming Yao, or T-Mac only. This is on everybody, even Rick.

16. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

'I wanted to have the ball in T-Mac's hands' - Rick Adelman.

Of course, you want him to have the ball down the stretch, but at the same time you can't just put the ball in his hands and say: make something happen.

I think this is exactly what happend.

17. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I definitely yelled at yao quite a bit last night. they rotated on him quickly everytime to double and he never seemed to realize what they were doing. he'd turn the ball over...then look down in between his legs like he always does. it makes him look like a huge oaf...*sigh*

I won't even get started on how many double digit leads we had and lost...as usual.

18. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

thank you, that was the intention. I really do hate them though. :)

19. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Unless you think Adelman was lying in the post game press conference, that was exactly the play they were to run.

20. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

It is also on his teammates. I belive a situation when a help defender was comming, Rafer was in front of that and didn't say ANYTHING. You have to yell 'Yao, look out, they are comming' 'Be careful' or something.

I don't expect Yao to see what is happening behind his back, but he should know that. They are always comming from the weak side, so as a player you have to PROTECT the ball.