1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[610: Barry Warner] LA almost traded Bynum to Houston.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mario_v, Jun 29, 2012.

1. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I don't want players that don't want to be here and are injury prone. Bynum seems unprofessional enough to play the injury card in Houston. Too bad not many players want to play here. I think Stern likes players dictating where they end up, because none of them want to play without an all-star in Houston.

There is no chance we land a star via trade, but at least a small one through the draft.

2. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

Barry Warner is still on the radio? Dang.

3. jc9495

jc9495 Member

LA almost traded Bynum to Houston. I almost caught a Blue Marlin while trout fishing the other day... People are going to believe who they want.

4. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Who cares if Bynum is a ''bad guy'' last I checked we were trying to get a star not a prom date.

5. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

This was the guy I thought he targeting all along. It was huge smokescreen that didn't pan out. But a starting 5 of Dragic, Lee, Parsons, Ppat, Bynum would be sick.

6. OremLK

OremLK Member

My fondest memory of Andrew Bynum is him getting ejected and the Rockets bench waving goodbye with huge grins on their faces.

1 person likes this.
  7. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Give him money. He'll stay. He's the second best center in the league at 24.

8. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

We are trying to get a star? No way!

I feel like Stern is giving Houston the All-Star game to remind everyone we don't have a star.:p

He's injury prone, young and unprofessional. After seeing Lamar Odom get away with what he did to Dallas, I think he would pull the same stunt and still get his guaranteed checks.

9. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Well if he wasn't injury prone and unprofessional, he'd be untouchable. It's a high risk move that could pay really high dividends for this team. His talent is very rare to find even in the draft. And since we won't ever tank, we have to gamble on him if the opportunity presented itself.

10. HPD

HPD Member

BARRY IS THE CHEAPEST s.o.b. out there...

11. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

C'mon mane! Are y'all still falling for banana in the tailpipe? If they can get howard for bynum,why would the lakers offer bynum for anything the rockets have? Top that off, it came from the old guy who know nothing!

12. vince

vince Member

I like Barry Warner. I didn't know so many of y'all don't.... Geesh!!!

Him and N.D. Kalu are the only ones on sports radio 610 I care to listen to.

For all the negative's anyone can have pertaining to Barry, he at least is professional enough not to make sports radio a Rated-R show, unlike the other hosts on 610!!! Those guys annoy the heck out of me - I try giving them a chance over and over. But those other hosts love to talk about strippers, getting lucky, and other adult related subjects.

I'll keep listening to Barry. He at least is entertaining with all of his stories.

13. Htown's2kFinest

14. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

Psh I was saying the rockets were trying to get Bynum all day yesterday. Can I take his radio spot?

15. jc9495

jc9495 Member

ND is now on sportsradio790 in a show with Greg Koch. 790 is now also the broadcast home of the Rockets. 610 is a joke. They are only relevant because of John McClain at this point. The new guy in the morning is terrible, but is better than Vandermeer, who by the way, is the worst play by play guy in the NFL.

16. Numero.Uno

Numero.Uno Member

Bynum doesn't always try, but despite that he averaged 19 points and 12 board per game last season. I would take that from someone who doesn't alway try, especially when he doesn't turn 25 until October. Barry Warner doesn't know much of what is going on, but the only way this would even be a consideration is if we were talking about a three-teamer that also involves Orlando.

For instance, I guess it could be something like this:

1. Lakers get: Howard
    2. Rockets get: Bynum
    3. Magic get: Lowery, Scola, Jones, Lakers 1st Rd (2013), Lakers 1st Rd (2014), Houston 1st Rd (2013)

I don't know if that works out exactly with monies, but I guess I could see something like that.

17. Numero.Uno

Numero.Uno Member

Agree, 790 also has Lance Z now. Given that fact and everything you also mentioned, I rarely turn it off of 790.

18. PinoyRocket

PinoyRocket Member

Say NO to drugs!

19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Time Warner sucks.

20. caneks

caneks Rookie

another almost?

Gasol, Howard, Bynum, playoffs?

Next time it would be Davis, James.