1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

610 am Stupid Stinkin Trivia

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tbplayer22, Oct 17, 2007.

1. tbplayer22

tbplayer22 Member

Did anybody hear it on the way home from work today? I won today! I probably try to get into that contest once a week and I have never gotten through. I got through today and while I'm waiting they have a Rockets question about the bench on the 94 championship team. I'm like perfect I know that no problem. Then it's my turn and they change the freakin question. On the 1980 playoff Astros team, who lead the team in homeruns for the year. My reply was naturally, "Man I was born in 80 how am I suppossed to get that." Anyway since I only knew a handful of Astros from that team I took a guess and actually won. Terry Puhl was the answer. I won an HD-DVD player and 4 HD-DVD's.

2. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

Yea, I heard ya. Congrats!

Did hey ever reveal the answers to the other questions?

WTF, what river runs through Jacksonville? What kind of question is that?

3. tbplayer22

tbplayer22 Member

I don't know if they did, because I had to talk to the guy about my contact informatio. That river question was pretty stupid. I don't see how they expected for anyone to get that without google, but most people listening at that time are on the way home from work.

4. htownballa23

htownballa23 Contributing Member

I heard you. I turned it on for like 2 minutes, I heard you win, and I was thinking to myself man that guy got lucky...at least somebody guessed it right. Haha good job.

5. yaoluv

yaoluv Member

thats so clutch

congrats

6. OrangeRowdy95

OrangeRowdy95 Contributing Member

I did the one on 790. it was a spelling bee, and boy it was so damn easy. THe question was, spell Funny Cide, the horse. I was in my car, and 4 people spelled it wrong. THey were giving away 2 Rockets tickets to guys night out. I already had season tix, but I was getting so pissed at the stupidity, I called in and got it. John Lopez and Ted DeLuca said I had quick typing skills and a fast internet connection, but I told them I was in my car heading home.

7. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

congrads, I heard on the way back to work from lunch buying my Transformers DVD at target :)

I knew the Rockets question, hell I knew the whole roster :)

8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Terry Puhl? wow! ...when in doubt, I guess Nolan Ryan.

9. Nero

Nero Member

Wow, congrats!

I won the 'Holmes Smokehouse' 6-month supply of sausages and a $50 gift certificate to Food Town..

My prize was MUCH better.. wanna trade?

10. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

what was the rockets question?

11. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Makes the guess even more crazy since he led the team with a whopping 13 hr's that year.

12. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

name 4 of the 5 reserves that played in Game 7 of the Rockets/Knicks game in 1994. I could name all 5 and the other 2 that didn't play.

13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

That's awesome, man! Grats!

14. dskillz

dskillz Contributing Member

Everytime I try to call I get a busy signal. I have given up on radio contests. Congrats!!!