1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

60 WINS!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jayfree, Mar 25, 2018.

1. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Only the 18th team ever with 60 wins before 15 losses and 11 of those teams won the ship

D-rock and jayfree like this.
  2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Been dreaming of 60 wins since Hakeem was balling off on everyone. To be fair, the matchups were way tougher night-in-night-out back in those days. Still cool to finally get it though.

jayfree likes this.
  3. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

its crazy to see 60 wins for a Rockets fan. I totally can appreciate this team a lot more than the other teams that won in the high 50s now that I am older. Whats weird is that even with 60, it feels like this team could do even better. If they were healthier earlier in the season (not sure why people feel only late season injuries matter for seeding) they could have probably broke 70.

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Rockets getting to 60 so early is crazy, especially with the handful of terrible losses early in the season.

jayfree likes this.
  5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

is it too early to start the 61 WINS!!!!!! thread? :cool:

6. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

That's a double-edged sword though. If the Rockets went extra hard to try to reach 70 wins(and there's no way they could've resisted the temptation), they may have worn themselves out by playoff time. With the best case scenario now being 68-14, they're far less likely to care about maximizing their win total(aside from getting enough to clinch the best record) and will coast down the stretch.

It's reminiscent of the 2013-14 Spurs. They were riding a 19-game winning streak and had a record of 59-16 with the best record locked up. They then rested down the stretch, went 3-4 to finish the season, and won the title(although Dallas did give them a huge scare in the first round).

Jake Tower and houston19519 like this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

About the aging part, yeah, it felt good.

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

My MBA crew is a good litmus test of how people will react to NBA news, since they're a bunch of ESPN consumers from various NBA markets.

Today, everyone came in talking smack about "asterisks" since the Warriors are injured - and if the Warriors were healthy the Rockets would never have a chance, etc etc.

Anyone surprised? Nah.

9. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

10. jayfree

jayfree Member

[​IMG]

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  11. jayfree

jayfree Member

And if Jordan was still playing right now the Warriors would never even had one

K mf G likes this.
  12. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Great accomplishment for this season and franchise history.

May the good times keep rolling !!

13. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

I think one of the most remarkable things is we have a "scheduled loss" barely to the Raptors that obvious was officiated one way and we turn right back around and by the team we play San Antonio will be going for our 12th in a row. Up until now all of these streaks have been against playoff teams. We actually have to be in a biased officiated game and injured to lose.

By the time we are done, we may have two 17 game streaks, a 14.. In just streaks that is a 48 win playoff team. We have another 6 game streak that would have put us at 54 without the other games. That is ridiculous. If we don't have the injuries we do, I think we could have set the regular season wins record.

14. sholaemmanuel

sholaemmanuel Member

60 big one. How sweet it is.

jayfree likes this.
  15. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

Won't mean a thing if they don't win that ring...

jayfree likes this.
  16. solid

solid Contributing Member

For all practical purposes, the number one seed is locked up. GS will be tough to eliminate, but home court is critically important in doing so. At the moment the road to the championship has been smoothly paved. If Harden can be kept out of the strip clubs during the playoffs, the Rockets have a great chance of winning it all.

jayfree likes this.
  17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Jordan is like 54 years old, he wouldn't be stopping the Warriors.

DD

Os Trigonum likes this.
  18. cebu

cebu Member

Thank you Rockets team. I'm going to honor this season and team roster by buying Jersey souvenirs. I already have number 13 so I'll get CP3 and Capela to complete my big 3.

19. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Crazy that we just casually have a 9 game win streak going and no one is talking about it. I guess in a year where you've had a 14 and 17 game win streak it isn't a big deal.

20. jayfree

jayfree Member

It's called a joke smh

If I wanted a true debate I would have said if Jordan PLAYED in today's game then...

napalm06 likes this.