1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

60 Day Moratorium in Adult Films Industry

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mateo, Apr 15, 2004.

1. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Does a company that films p*rn featuring all HIV infected actors really sell much product? Seems to me that would be serious turnoff to know that all the p*rn stars I was watching have a fatal illness.

2. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Hey, they got midget p*rn, barnyard animal p*rn....why not walking skeleton p*rn? There's a market for everything in this country......

3. pariah

pariah Contributing Member

ROFLMAO!!!

4. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

Barnyard animal p*rn! :eek: Is that not illegal?

5. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

Damn, I bet this was about a 1 - 2 week period...Heck, he had 14, she had 35...:eek:

Wear a condom...

6. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

I guess the Rockets will have to find something else to do on their off time while in LA.

7. Lil Pun

Does it really matter if they wear a rubber or not? I mean even when they do, when the time comes they just rip it off and blow their load all over the girl's face, rear, breasts, stomach, etc. or in the girl's mouth. Isn't that enough to catch HIV?

8. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

Not unless her face, rear, breasts, stomach etc. has open sores on it. The virus has to make contact with the bloodstream somehow to infect.

9. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Dude, THAT caused a mental image I could have done without...:eek: :(

10. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

what the hell am i going to watch for the next 2 months now?

11. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Anyone else find this woman horribly horribly irrisistable?

12. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

If you go into the p*rn rental store, there are like 5,000 films already there. The plots and outcome (snicker) are not too different so I'm guessing we will all survive the the moratorium.

As much as I like seeing beautiful people enjoying sex; it's got to be a skanky, dangerous business infested with users, addicts, abusers, rip-off artist, mafia, and liars. Do we think an infected addict would not keep his infection a secret to support a habit?

How long does it take to test positive after exposure anyway?

13. PhiSlammaJamma

Is this when the p*rn industry brings in the scabs.

14. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

My understanding is that it can take up to 12 weeks from infection to test positive, though testing may be quicker than they were when I heard that stat.

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

The sheer volume of movies, not including boot legs always makes me wonder how any of those people make money.

16. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

I think the ones with scabs are more likely to transmit disease.

17. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

It's the producers and distributors that make the real cha-ching in that business, not the performers.

18. Lil Pun

Third Performer Now Infected

LOS ANGELES - A third adult movie performer tested positive Thursday for the virus that causes AIDS (news - web sites) in the midst of an HIV (news - web sites) outbreak that has halted most production, according to the director of an AIDS testing service.

"This is not over," said Sharon Mitchell, executive director of the nonprofit Adult Industry Medical Healthcare Foundation, which screens performers for sexually transmitted diseases.

Mitchell declined to identify the woman diagnosed Thursday but said the performer had sex with five men before all were barred from adult movie sets under a voluntary quarantine in place since the first HIV case was announced April 12.

Fifty-three people are on the quarantine list and dozens of producers in the nation's multibillion-dollar p*rn industry have shut down production until further HIV tests are conducted.

A performer with the stage name Darren James apparently contracted HIV while filming unprotected sex scenes in Brazil. He returned to the United States and apparently infected Lara Roxx during film shoots, Mitchell said.

Los Angeles County health officials and the state's Division of Occupational Health and Safety are investigating.

Meanwhile, the American Civil Liberties Union (news - web sites) of Southern California claimed Thursday the county Department of Health Services violated the law by obtaining private medical information on potentially HIV-infected performers without a subpoena.

"The government needs to make a showing that the breach of the confidentiality is warranted and the way to do that is by going through the court," ACLU attorney Peter Eliasberg said. If people think the government can obtain their private records, it may deter them from getting HIV tests, he said.

County Health Officer Jonathan Fielding said he had not seen the letter and could not comment.

Mitchell said her attorney indicated she had no choice last week when she turned over the records. The records of the two performers who had tested positive at the time were not included because of state privacy requirements, she added.

Mitchell said the health department was to use the information to interview the performers and determine whether they may have passed on HIV to people outside the p*rn business.

19. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

I dont see why anyone is too surprised about this... its as inevitable as a cop arresting someone.

20. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

You obviously havent met my buddy Don, who is a cop.