1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

.588 at the break -

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MrRoboto, Feb 22, 2012.

1. MrRoboto

MrRoboto Member

Just got to show the guys some love.

2. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Good win over a top seeded eastern conference team, but the worst has yet to come.

3. k-money

k-money Member

Kyle sprains his ankle, plays. Then he was also bleeding. Lowry is a freakin boss.

4. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

A positive thread on ClutchFans?!?!?!?!?!?

[​IMG]

5. MrRoboto

MrRoboto Member

Lowry kicks ass.

I love the way that every play is important and even in-bounding the ball is done with heart and hustle.

And the whole team feeds off of that. I am not only surprised by the record at the break, but with the job McHale has done as well. Definitely a player's coach and the emphasis on the basics of penetration, physicality, ball movement and finding the open man. I had my doubts, thinking he was a stop-gap but now I'm not so sure.

Tonight they had some rough spots in respect to moving the ball around, but lately the ability to play unselfishly mixed with Lowry's ferociousness has been a thing of beauty.

The team has developing youth and assets that can get the team over the hump. It is a testament to how fortunate we are to have a quality organization.

Domo

2 people like this.
  6. meh

meh Contributing Member

To be honest I expected this team to be at or slightly below .500 for the year with new coach and no camp. Kudos to McHale and his staff for being able to make adjustments in-season so well.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Looks like we are a legit 60 percent team in the Wild West.

8. Chasing_Chase

Chasing_Chase Member

Hell yes go Rockets. However, it is very interesting when a player like Chase Budinger goes from carrying the team in wins over Washington, New York and Portland to back on the bench. With the shortened season, what kind of rotation will McHale continue to run? Lately he has been rotating it so either Chandler or Martin are on the floor while the other sits.

What are your opinions on how to rotate our players?

9. stylus8088

stylus8088 Member

I agree and it's not just the guys playing but you gotta give credit to Kevin McHale and his coaching staff. For all the flack he got before/during the season, he's been able to push these guys. All his speeches about working hard has been paying off. I mean you gotta be proud of the whole team. No "all-stars," no recognition from media, and full of doubts coming into the season but we're 20-14 for the first half of the season. Right now we're one of 4 teams with at least 20 wins (OKC, SAS, DAL, HOU). Kudos to the whole team.

10. theglyde1121

theglyde1121 Member

McHale also rotates playing Bud and Parsons. Bud is one the bench one game and playing the next.

11. meh

meh Contributing Member

I wouldn't say that. The schedule gets tougher and the percentage should worsen. But I'm more optimistic that we we're not far away from contender than I was at the beginning of the season.

12. Chasing_Chase

Chasing_Chase Member

Lately Bud has had very, very limited minutes though if any at all.

13. conquistador#11

no no no positive threads! we have no superstar thus we cannot win 8 championships in a row! trade everyone!

Kidding! Love watching this team bring it when they're clicking on all cylinders. Parsons is so much fun to watch on the defensive end. Last time, in that article posted, Mr. Bang said, "they talk about him a lot around here" referring to el shane. Today, I saw him break out the face guard twice on a.i and the other thadeus. =)

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I rounded up :p

15. infinitidoug

infinitidoug Member

parsons' defensive skill set was in greater demand today because of the strong 76er's SF's

16. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

18 - 9 with Parsons starting!

17. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Parsons and Lee have been getting a lot of minutes lately, and I can understand why. We really need those guys for their defense. Bud can be a great offensive weapon off the bench, but McHale really needs some guys on the floor that can play defense. I am just amazed by what Parsons can do on the defensive end, and I think he will be a solid offensive player as he gains more confidence. Players like Bud and Morris better learn to play defense if they want to get on the court.

18. cod

cod Member

if parsons adds the stop and pop to his game in the off-sesaon he can cement himself as the rockets starting sf for the next several years.

19. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Chandler Parsons missed tons of shots but hit a fadeaway 3 when we needed it most.

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

If you would have told me before the season started that they would be 20-14 at the All-Star break I would have freaked.

I also think that whatever moves Morey makes at the deadline, even the small ones like moving the 09ers, will help the team jell and possible bring in more talent. Nobody knows what the expect with the second half of the season but its hard to see them dropping off dramatically.

Needless to say Im super excited for the second half of the season and potentially the playoffs.