1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[538]Westbrook broke BPM and is "pretty badly overrated"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 18, 2019.

1. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Doesn't matter...NBA champions this year.

dmoneybangbang and hakeem94 like this.
  2. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i dont want simply a championship... i want the rockets to tear up the league

bilaal14 likes this.
  3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Don't care if he's overrated by statistics I don't really bother perusing anyway. He looks like a pretty damn good scorer and hopefully he does a lot of that for us next year and helps us win.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  4. Elienator

Elienator Member

I don't understand the reasoning behind this metric. Does anyone know the reasoning?

If you are regularly close to someone shooting, wouldn't that imply the opposing team thinks you are a good defender to shoot against? Is the idea that an opposing team's best players take the most shots and good defenders are assigned to other team's best players? While there is some logic to that it, I would think if you prevent the person you are guarding from taking a shot that would be a good thing.

5. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Many analytics are valuable and pass the eye test. Many have a 30% correlation and are heavily dependent on multiple variables. Computers and statistics are very good at running calculations in multivariable calculus but poor in defining significance. Stick to the high corollaries. If Russ shoots 15 shots or less his teams generally win. If he avoids Q4 Hero Ball he wins. Harden provides him someone like Durant did where he doesn’t have to deteriorate. Ultimately this is squarely where the value of this acquisition will play out.

6. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Relax and take notes.

7. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

So, how will they know when he’s properly rated? It seems like they’re changing things because it doesn’t match what their gut tells them.