1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

538 predicts Rockets to have 2nd most wins in 2019-20

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RayRay10, Jul 7, 2019.

1. pauebtg

pauebtg Member

Zero, he's very cheap remember?

2. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I would be willing to bet there will be quite a bit of volatility in these rankings - so many of the teams are matched evenly enough and there are likely fewer outright tanking teams this year than in year's past that I think there will be more variance in general with more 50/50 type of games and less complete throwaway games.

The fact that the top four teams in the ranking all have recent injury history that could complicate their fate also set up a situation where things could shift upside down quickly. Embid in Philly, Paul in Houston, Lebron in LA(he's old, has millions of miles on his body, and started getting injured last season), and GS has an injured Klay and Curry hasn't typically held up well when asked to play more than 35+ minutes a game...plus you got OKC potentially shipping Westbrook to another contender, Washington may blow it up and trade Beal after Wall gets fat and even more entitled from recovering from the achilles, plus if Toronto stumbles out of the gate do they go ahead and blow it up and start sending Lowry and other valuable but non-essential roles players to playoff bound teams? There is also Boston lurking out there stuck in no man's land with a lot of assets but no real star on the roster - are they finally willing to groom one of their young guys to be the man or are they going to continue to tout their young guys as future all stars while continuously looking to flip them for actual all stars?

The league is definitely being remade but the FA moves so far this summer are just the start of that change - I expect many more moves in the coming months.

francis 4 prez likes this.
  3. Garner

Garner Member

Considering the injury history of both George and Kahwi, i expect them both to be highly managed making 67 wins an unnecessarily high win total.

57-61 wins feels more feasible.

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

and I predict that there will still be no title with Harden carrying aging CP0 and limited/inconsistent role players

if I had to grade this offseason right now, it would be an F...there’s still time tho

5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Jerry West is the best ever at taking credit for more talented people who do the real work, that's for sure. It's been a theme throughout his career.

Kawhi decided he wanted to live in LA and convinced Paul George to do the same

The rest was simple.

6. vick

vick Member

They also predicted that Hillary Clinton would be the President.

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I think we good now that we have team control this year over House and LTS.

Instant surprise top three seed