1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

5 Women Accuse Louis C.K. Of Sexual Misconduct

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Fantasma Negro, Nov 9, 2017.

1. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

She's a great writer who's been working this beat for a while, so I guess she's accumulated a lot of social media harassment, scars, and baggage. You know what these public figures go through in this sphere these days (a la gamergate or whatever).

Didn't bother me at all, and seemed a lot more inwardly honest than angry. Or she seemed a lot less angry in that column than you do in your response (?). She completely calls into question the female double standard and playing along at various levels, though she doesn't go into ESPN sideline reporters.

Mean no offense or real argumentation. Just surprised. Cheers.

MoonBus likes this.
  2. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I love me some billy

Xerobull, fallenphoenix and RudyTBag like this.
  3. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

He was pretty blue as far as comedy goes though. I read something about his jokes just not landing because they've taken on a new angle I'm like well...his original angle was pretty ****ed up most of the time. Nihilistic, blue, ****ed up, crazy, whatever you want to call it he would say about anything for a laugh. Now it's not funny?

4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Fair enough. lol

I'm fully supportive of equality, equal pay and such. We are venturing into a dicey area however where a kind of ridiculous feminist ideal is having a detrimental effect in a lot of areas of society and perhaps that push is necessary for society to progress as a whole but it will have its blowback.

B-Bob likes this.
  5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Totally true, and she writes well about that blowback too I think, though from a different angle.

And man will there be blowback a comin' -- perhaps as manifest in elections for years to come. For every angry woman, there seem to be two very quiet older ones who go vote for Trump. LOL (or cry out loud).

I'm sympathetic b/c I've seen it bigly in science. Smart women who deal with extra bullshit and just say "f this. I'll do something else," but if they'd been a nerdy-looking white guy, like me, they would have been given the benefit of the doubt at every stage.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Pretty that's what AB (and others) did by blocking you.

Ziggy likes this.
  7. MystikArkitect

Men have it easier then women. There are downsides to being a man but a lot more to being a woman. Feminazis are annoying sure and they love living the double standard but that’s they’re right at this point.

Just like, don’t touch women inappropriately? How ****ing hard is that? What’s awesome is how easy it is nowadays to see a predator and a perv. The other day on that show with Nick and Chris Carter the girl said something to the effect of “that play was sexy” and they just took it and ran with it. “I bet you think it’s sexy” or some crap like that. It’s like come on man....why do you have to be such a perv about it?

This is why I LOVE Harden and his strippers. Thank you for not being a hypocrite. Go get you strippers. All of the strippers. Nothing wrong with that. Absolutely wrong to give a 1v1 to a female reporter then abuse her afterwards using your power and clout.

8. Roscoe Arbuckle

Look; you & I don't get along, and that is fine. You don't bother me.

AB, however, and I typically always got along. And that is why his blocking me one day was bothersome to me.

9. Nigel Thornberry

Louis CK is a weird looking dude...

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  10. Fantasma Negro

Jontro likes this.
  11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

12. Nook

Nook Member

"The New York comedian then walked to the bar and asked numerous female patrons if they would be bothered if he pulled his ham bone out and masterbaited in front of them while humming the lyrics to Billy Joel's Piano Man."

13. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

That's actually impressive for a one hour set.

Avant-garde humor at its finest.

Nook likes this.
  14. theimpossibles1

I am glad to hear this. Of all these #metoo dudes I felt like C.K. deserved a comeback.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The MeToo Movement now seems like alot of thunder but little lightning
    It only struck once (Cosby) . . .and I doubt that will stick

Rocket River

16. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Weinstein is the much more public villain face of the metoo movement, partially because the public has really forgotten about Cosby and also generally consider him guilty as well (as he clearly is).

In the court of public opinion, the movement definitely packs some thunder.

I can't recall the specifics of what Louis CK did, but I'm not sure he's "deserving" of a comeback...

17. Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick Lamar Contributing Member

Louis's an idiot, but I don't think he deserves the flame that should be directed at Weinstein, Cosby, Crews' accuser.

Another guy that was wrongfully accused is Aziz.

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

CK was a bit of a CAD but i dunno . . ..
    Harvey is out of public life and in sex ed class . . .that is his punishment
    Spacey is out of public life and projects are cancelled on hold

I think that is the extent of the sting

Rocket River

19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Aziz was wrongfully accused and hasn't really taken much backlash as far as I know. Louis CK wasn't wrongly accused... it just he didn't rape and drug woman, so apparently there is an underlying "he was wrongfully accused" thought about him??? It's still 100% definitely not ok to whip out your **** and masturbate in front of people - be them women or men, be them your superior or inferior, though definitely if you're a man doing it to a woman, and an inferior, it's more impactfuly bad.

Criminally, we'll see where it shakes out, but certainly it won't be as "bad" for the perpetrators as it should be.

That's part of why MeToo should be so meaningful. So the big impact is changing public perception, getting the actions themselves to stop, and encouraging woman to be more current, etc. when reporting the crimes so in the future effetive criminal prosecution of these criminals can happen.

Kendrick Lamar likes this.
  20. omgTHEpotential

I think it was actually very smart by Louie to make a comeback right now, just after Asia Argento discredited the whole movement and revealed it for what it really is - a huge hypocricy.