1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

5 Straight wins, Green and Porter out...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hlmbasketball, Dec 4, 2021.

1. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

My only thing with Sengun is, he can't bring the ball up. EG has problems bringing the ball up court and making the correct pass.

aaquaa likes this.
  2. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I thought they said he was preparing to come back. Silas recently said it wasn't a problem now because he's not playing but he would have to deal with it, once he returns.

D-rock likes this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yeah, weeks.

https://rocketswire.usatoday.com/20...s-meeting-with-john-wall-lays-out-next-steps/

Rafael and I did meet with John, and he had indicated that he wants to play and work towards that. So right now, we’re in that phase as far as getting him back in game shape. He’s been doing a lot of one-on-oh type stuff and one-on-one type stuff but nothing up and down, nothing four-on-four, five-on-five. Right now is the ramp-up time. That’ll probably take a couple weeks. We’ll continue our conversations and try to determine what it looks like.

Yesterday was discussion No. 1. That was very much centered around him getting to a place he can play in an NBA game. He’s in great shape. He is diligent as far as his work. He’s been positive and all that stuff. But as far as getting in game shape, our guys have had training camp and they’ve been practicing and they had games. He hasn’t had any of that. Right now, it’s about getting him to that point.

Regarding Wall’s potential role with the Rockets, Silas said:

It has to be good for everybody. It has to be good for him. It has to be good for our organization. It has to be good for our group. There’s more to it than just one conversation and getting ready to play, and now you play.
    There’s, ‘What does the role look like? What does it look like for the group? What does it look like for everybody?’ We’re at stage one.

In short, check back in approximately two weeks. Monday’s complete media availability session with the head coach can be viewed below.

“After two weeks, I’m going to really have to get with Rafael, get with John, and really figure out what this looks like,” Silas concluded.

D-rock likes this.
  4. Rokman

Rokman Member

John Wall is a basketball player. He plays basketball. That's what he does. Put the ball in his hands and watch him play. The guy can play the game. He plays ball.

Those sentences effectiveness of colorizing a players abilities is as effective as I think John Wall will be at making the Rockets a better team.

5. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I’m done with this Porter foolishness, this guy needs to be shown the door for a real point guard

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, it's still funny to me the "real PG" narrative persists despite how laughably ridiculous it was proven to be.

Guy gets 6 assists at the half and apparently that's not enough.

He's by far the best guard on the roster.....so I suspect that those who want him "gone" have really weird motivations.

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

Or let Sengun, Tate and Augustin run the point.

Jaygup is even more turnover prone than Porter/Green were during 15 game losing streak.

JG needs to learn point down with Vipers. It helped Porter last season.

But no more EGo at PG, my heart just can't take it.

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

I take it the guys who love KPJr also love Westbrook?

6 assists at the half on 2-8 shooting…if that’s supposed to be good PG play, then Russ has been phenomenal the past few seasons

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It was a bad shooting night for them.....they happen to literally everyone. The fact that he was able to still benefit the team with keeping the offense going and being a positive player on defense when his shot isn't falling is what makes him so good.....and all of this while he's trying to play through injury.

It is weird though seeing this kind of criticism come from a fan of literally the worst player on the roster. I guess KPJ isn't enough of a scrub to be to your liking?

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

Did you even see how Porter was injured?

Draymond literally ran down full court and crushed KPJ with his knee extended.

That is an old school take down, and injury.

In football.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

Bad shooting night? Lol, he’s shooting 36% on the season…63% from the line

he has 47% TS

those are Westbrook at his worst type percentages and efficiency

but hey, he had 6 assists

12. D-rock

D-rock Member

You have to be one of the lowest IQ posters on CF.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Again, just kind of weird coming from someone who fawns over someone who is struggling just as much shooting who isn't good at anything at all.

It's like you are upset at KPJ for actually being a competent ball handler, which is super odd.

Whine about him shooting like he's Jalen Green if you want, but whining about his ball handling that has been very good? Just doesn't make sense.

D-rock likes this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

You haven't watched the last 5 wins amirite?

The anti-Porter and anti-Wood propaganda is more insidious than the Silas hate.

Dobbizzle and hakeem94 like this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

oh don’t worry, if Jalen Green is shooting 36% from the field and has 47% TS in year 3, it will be a big problem

KPJr has had 2 offseasons to work on his game and get better so what the hell has he been doing? Maybe he should stop playing against scrubs in Seattle pro-ams and actually work on his shot

I didn’t know KPJr fans were also Westbrook fans…it’s quite interesting

me, I like my PG’s to not have 22% turnover rate and shoot like Westbrook…if that’s your thing, then do u

16. Scarface

Scarface Supremely FocASSed
    Supporting Member

My thighs were made out of steel when I was younger and I took a shot to the thighs so bad that I couldn’t lay down or sit down for over a week. Just straightening my leg would trigger the most pain I’ve felt in my life. Thigh contusions are seriously painful injuries that take weeks to recover from.

I’ve torn my meniscus, patella, and gastroc. None of those injuries were as bad as my thigh contusion.

MoMobley, D-rock and Dobbizzle like this.
  17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Ah, so we make excuses for Jalen Green being awful only to attack better players who actually benefit the team. Gotcha.

Look, I understand you are in a weird position being a fan of the worst player on the roster, but attacking all of the other players is a bad look.

hakeem94 likes this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

the irony coming from the dude who makes excuses all over the place for KPJr and tries to prop him up because he hates Green…it looks so foolish because KPJr hasn’t been anywhere close to being good

like I said, if u like a PG who turns it over and shoots 36%, then do u…all the Westbrook slander looking quite hypocritical from guys trying to gaslight us about KPJr…a bunch of assists, turnovers, and horrid efficiency is a Westbrook specialty

b-b-but he had 6 assists

Dobbizzle, seclusion and SamFisher like this.
  19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not making excuses for him, I'm just pointing out what he's done well.....the reason why he's still a net positive when on the court.

I've been absolutely vocal about the areas where he's struggled.

Like I said, it's hilarious that pretty much all the slander comes from those who simp for the worst player on the entire roster.

#39 Bobbythegreat, Dec 4, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2021
    hakeem94 likes this.
  20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The difference in 25 and 21 wins?

Huge, if true.