1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

5 Best Fan Bases in the NBA

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Air Langhi, Mar 11, 2013.

1. MadMax

MadMax Member

Well this is the first year they've sold out you can argue they've sucked.

Dallas, like most sports markets, isn't going to support a team that isn't winning. There are a very few notable exceptions to that rule.

2. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Member

Cubs and Bears are definitely bigger than the Bulls, but that shouldn't take anything away from how crazy the Bulls support is here. Just because the Bulls are part of the 3rd most popular sport in the country shouldn't be any reason to discredit the fan support because of that. It's similar to Boston in the sense that the other two will always be bigger because of tradition and popularity of the sport, but the Bruins and Celtics are popular too. Same goes for the Hawks and Bulls. It's what makes great sports towns great.

3. TheBeard

TheBeard Member

Basically the warriors

I still get chills from how loud the fans were in that series vs the mavs

4. hahachui

hahachui Member

which city is worse than Houston?
    From what I see in TV, it is always half empty for the front rows....

5. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Member

Plenty are. The thing about the Rockets lower bowl is that a lot of those seats (the ones that are bought/given) are empty because they're corporate seats, especially the club ones. The Rockets are always usually in the middle of the pack around attendance in terms of tickets sold every season, and even though the lower bowl is sometimes empty, they aren't close to being the worst in the NBA in terms of empty seats.

6. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

No warriors? Surprised

7. rolyat93

rolyat93 Member

How r****ded is it that the Warrior's aren't up there?

On a scale of 1 to 10 that's a 10 on the tard scale.

8. jocar

jocar Member

Online fan forums
    1. Clutchfans
    2. Lakersground
    3. Ultimateknicks

9. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

Golden state warriors! Warriors will probably be the loudest come playoffs, okc will be loud as well.

10. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

This is good, Seatlle has a great fan base I remember the sonics with Payton and kemp they were loud, seattle should have a nba team, as for kings and warriors yeah they show up and support no matter what, through the good and the bad

11. SeabrookMiglla

international fan base wise we are probably the top 5, but home fan base we are pitiful. its like everyone forgot about the rockets who are the only major sports team to bring us a ring. (not dissing other houston sports teams) i have and still see places playing other games in the NBA over ours on game night. very disappointing. this comcast **** has to get fixed, because people are starting to notice the rockets once again. i heard the announcement on the radio commercial thing addressing houston sports not being available on TV for many houstonians. hopefully that will help, but people seem to be more interested in the texans as of late, but i will always be a rocket man!

12. SeabrookMiglla

also i will give a shout out to the small franchise team fans who have not been in relevance for years, those people know basketball and are loyal