1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

5 Best Fan Bases in the NBA

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Air Langhi, Mar 11, 2013.

1. Rox11

Rox11 Member

I don't find this to be very accurate. Showing up to games does not really tell the full story of being a faithful fan. Being from Chicago i have to be honest iv'e never seen bigger bandwagon fans. Pre-Rose absolutly no one talking about them, same thing with Hockey.

2. thedude077

thedude077 Member

And definitely NOT the Raptors fans!
    Remember when they rooted for Jeremy Lin last year and when they rooted when he hit that 3 point shot in the final seconds? Hell no those fans suck.

3. arjun

arjun Member

how is utah not on there? lol

4. tallanvor

tallanvor Member

I agree with Warriors and Raptors. When I consider 'best' fan base, I factor in intellect,maturity,and loyalty. Rockets make the top 5 for me.

5. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

They were still packing the united center before rose. Even before Rose they were packing 20k+ fans. Chicago is a great sports city.

6. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Attendance wise ill give it to them, but that tells a tale of entertainment as well.

7. jj3469

jj3469 Member

I go to a warriors game or 2 a year and it's usually pretty packed. Much louder than the game I was at in Houston

8. MadMax

MadMax Member

I'm not sure what this means anymore. The NBA is such a corporate game...with suites and the like. It means primarily that corporations are renewing their season tickets in a really large city.

9. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Lakers?? Are you guys serious? As soon as they start really sucking, the fans will hop over to the Clippers..

10. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Member

I can't tell if you're trying to agree with me or argue with me. Warriors have good fan support despite a mediocre arena, difficult logistics, and a team that's been bad forever. Is it because the people of the Bay Area are so crazy about basketball? I doubt it. I'm sure demographics plays a role, but I'd give the credit to a good price point and good marketing over some intrinsic quality in the population. Which is why I bring up Sacramento -- the people of Sacramento didn't change since the Webber years, the Maloofs changed and the support for the team went down with their reputations and bank accounts. The Kings have a fanbase with the potential for great fervor and for a time the franchise had founf a way to optimize that and later found a way to squander it. So it is for the Rockets; they need to find the right formula to get a fanbase fired up.

I think this is another example of that same point. CF.net is a great forum, not because the Rockets have better and more engaged fans, but because Clutch managed to build something that was accessible, well-managed, and engaging. Without his entrepreneurialism, there wouldn't be a good forum for the Rockets. We'd either be on realgm or taking up new hobbies.

11. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

In terms of the best home crowds...
    1. Portland
    2. Utah
    3. Golden State
    4. Knicks
    5. Bulls
    6. LAL
    7. Boston
    8. OKC
    9. Pacers
    10. Spurs

12. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

They have some of the most passionate fans in the game...Laker fans are a pretty loyal bunch...and they are used to winning...

13. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

Umm celtics?

14. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

In terms of just the most rabid/passionate fan bases...

1. Boston
    2. Lakers
    3, Knicks
    4. Bulls

The Rockets fan base is quite tame as compared to these...

15. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Before the big three era they were averaging less than 17k fans. That is why I didn't include them. They have been so good so they draw attendance, but what happens when they are mediocre? Do the fans still come check out the team.

16. supdudes

supdudes Member

Miami

btw I'm from the year 2055

17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Sac
    Gs
    Utah

are the most loyal fan bases considering how much they have stuck by their team.

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I am surprised so few people mention the Kings. Their fans are one of the most loyal.

19. TheShooter

TheShooter Member

Warriors
    Knicks
    Celtics
    Blazers
    Jazz

20. MourningWood

MourningWood Member

Blazers
    Warriors
    Thunder