1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

5/11/2017: James Harden QUITS on the team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, May 11, 2017.

1. Caesar

Caesar Member

probably worse...had t-mac toronto game body language from tip off...

Rodman23 likes this.
  2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There is no excuse for what Harden did out there tonight. He was garbage, and I think the rest of the team were surprised at how horrible he was tonight.

That being said, it's still one game, and we would have never been here or believed if it wasn't for how amazing the guy is.

Invisible Fan and Nook like this.
  3. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

Obviously the skills aren't the same, but I can confidently say the people I play with at the Y play with more intensity than Harden did tonight

4. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I agree with this in some ways. I don't think getting younger talent for Harden is the way to go. He is still one of the best players out there. What we do lack is an owner willing to spend. We're number 23 in payroll right now which is absolutely rediculous. While other teams have big 4's, big 3's.... we literally have just one player. If during this offseason, we are unable to surround Harden with legit talent then yeah might as well trade him and rebuild because he's wasting his prime here playing for an organization unwilling to spend to get talent.

Caesar likes this.
  5. conquistador#11

never seen a performance by an "MVP" of that nature. Maybe the admiral versus Hakeem? But even then David was great in that series. the problem was he was going up against a god in hakeem.

6. CallMeTheDream

What exactly happened? Did he go to the bench and refuse to play? I didn't watch the game so please someone explain. I can understand a bad game but maybe some are just confused with him being tired.

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

**** that. I deserve better than this. So does the city of Houston. Respect is earned. Tonight they squandered whatever respect they've worked for all year. I hope no one shows up to their games. They don't deserve it.

MoonBus and FTW Rockets FTW like this.
  8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

worse..

Rodman23 likes this.
  9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I hope you are kidding about him being tired..

10. Bryant2108

Bryant2108 Member

I was at my men's league this evening and am currently watching it (don't ask me why, I already know the disaster that occurred) but to me, he just looks disinterested. No fire, no care. Pretty sad. Our men's league had more intensity.

11. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

Makes zero sense to me for him to do this

What is he protesting with this effort? The officiating? Proof that the NBA is scripted?

That's what it seems like to me... kills himself all season to lose the MVP. Fine, at least he'd get to move forward in the playoffs.. Nope, officiating goes against him and his team.

I hope he's not protesting his teammates and a lack of help.

12. Asian Sensation

At least Tmac can cry cause he gave it his all and take responsibility and says it's on me.

Harden... it is what it is.. umm... teammates.. umm ..Spurs... hats off to them.

Same story next near playoffs.

13. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

He said that FIVE hall-of-famers called or texted him and said Harden quit.

14. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Perhaps Harden just ain't the PG for the MDA System ?

15. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

I don't understand what happen there.

16. Bryant2108

Bryant2108 Member

Somebody needs to post this

17. Nook

Nook Member

As I said at the time, whomever won game 5 was winning this series in 6 games.

Both the Rockets and the Spurs went balls to the wall in game 5.... and losing in overtime like they did destroyed them.

It wasn't just Harden, it was the whole team and D'Antoni as well. Obviously you want a team that never gives up, but I expected a bad loss after that OT game.

18. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

James Harden = Jay Cutler of the NBA.

Asian Sensation likes this.
  19. topfive

topfive CF OG

Harden at least pretended like he was trying tonight. In that Toronto game, T-Mac didn't even bother to do that much.

20. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Not even in the same ballpark. Robinson got outplayed by Dream(aside from Game 4), but it's not like he didn't show up for that series. He was just outclassed. There's a difference.

Harden didn't even try tonight. It was one of the most inexplicable displays I've ever witnessed in the NBA. It's almost as if he was throwing the game so he could start his offseason early.