1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

48 Minutes of Hell - The Rocket's Defense

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Nov 9, 2023.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Back in the last century, the Arkansas Razorbacks had an outstanding defense that pushed opponents for every second they were on the court, the idea was that there would be no open looks, contest everything and play for each other.

Rarely have I seen teams committed so wholly to that style of defense it takes a ton of energy, a deep roster, and it is UNBELIEVABLY effective.

I have seen it here in Houston in the last 3 games - we are coming out, and pressuring the ball everywhere, covering for each other, rotating to each pass - playing pressure defense and it is working wonders.

We all know the NBA - unlike college - the players like to ease into the game, they don't play hard all game, most games come down to the 4th quarter - but what Ime has them doing is coming out - PUNCHING FIRST with elevated effort on D, and teams are not prepared for the 48 minutes of hell they are facing.

AND I ****ING LOVE IT !!!

This team is playing team ball on both ends, and if they can keep up this level of defensive intensity, it can lead to huge things - the NBA rarely has guys that play hard together on D - GS did it, SA did it - but it is very hard to sustain as contracts get big, players get older and ...well more entitled....tbh.

So, I for one am going to enjoy our kids playing hard - and punching first.....and hope it lasts for as long as possible!!!!

Give-em all 48 minutes Rockets....they won't know what hit em.

DD

PS. It takes a while for the rest of the country to catch up to what is going on, so I have been making a killing on betting on the team as an underdog when they should be a favorite.....enjoy THAT too.

2. DaDakota

Oh, and one more thing - THIS IS SUSTAINABLE - and it means the Rox will be in most every game if they come out and play hard like this.....

DD

3. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

Great. Now our defense is going to suck.

4. xaos

xaos Member

You're wrong

It's more than 48 minutes. Even when the clocks not moving we don't stop

:D

5. DaDakota

Nah - just sit back relax and enjoy the soothing sounds and grunts of excellent D, with analysis brought to you by DD, that is a lot of D swinging around.

DD

6. conquistador#11

[​IMG]

7. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That's not what she said

8. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Joey Dorsey says hi
    [​IMG]

Salvy likes this.
  9. Bo6

Bo6 Member

our defense will only get better when Amen finds his ankles.

DaDakota likes this.
  10. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

I agree with DD. Few can handle 48 minutes of sustained hard D. Its exhausting and will catch a lot of people by surprise, but will end up leaving us all very satisfied.

charlieaustin and DaDakota like this.
  11. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Well it’s a double edged sword. It’s exhausting for our players as well. I suspect our offense will suffer if it’s a close game in the end. Few teams do it for a reason.

Catching people by surprise? Sure. But I’m not sure we can do it for the entire season. Our boys are young though, and their bodies can handle more wear and tear, and need less recovery time. We have that going for us.

harold bingo likes this.
  12. Salvy

Salvy Member

KPJ also punches first, would have been great on this team...

13. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    :eek:

You're either an Alpha or a Beta, there is nothing in between!!

Go Rockets!!!

burlesk, Deckard and Plowman like this.
  14. DaDakota

Quality post.

DD