1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

43 cowards who violated oath and voted in favor of the failed putsch

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Feb 13, 2021.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Let their names be etched here in this thread FOR ETERNITY

Barrasso (R-WY)
    Blackburn (R-TN)
    Blunt (R-MO)
    Boozman (R-AR)
    Braun (R-IN)
    Capito (R-WV)
    Cornyn (R-TX)
    Cotton (R-AR)
    Cramer (R-ND)
    Crapo (R-ID)
    Cruz (R-TX)
    Daines (R-MT)
    Ernst (R-IA)
    Fischer (R-NE)
    Grassley (R-IA)
    Hagerty (R-TN)
    Hawley (R-MO)
    Hoeven (R-ND)
    Hyde-Smith (R-MS)
    Inhofe (R-OK)
    Johnson (R-WI)
    Kennedy (R-LA)
    Lankford (R-OK)
    Lee (R-UT)
    Lummis (R-WY)
    Marshall (R-KS)
    McConnell (R-KY)
    Moran (R-KS)
    Paul (R-KY)
    Portman (R-OH)
    Risch (R-ID)
    Rounds (R-SD)
    Rubio (R-FL)
    Scott (R-FL)
    Scott (R-SC)
    Shelby (R-AL)
    Sullivan (R-AK)
    Thune (R-SD)
    Tillis (R-NC)
    Tuberville (R-AL)
    Wicker (R-MS)
    Young (R-IN)

#1 SamFisher, Feb 13, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
  2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Remember these names.

These are the ones that betrayed the country.

edwardc, mikol13, gatsby and 4 others like this.
  3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Yes because we are all shocked at the vote

4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The name on there I'm surprised is Toomey. Considering he's leaving office and hasn't been a complete Trumpists. Bill Burr was a surprise on the guilty side and coming into the vote I would've expected to Toomey to vote for conviction and Burr not guilty.

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

https://jonathanturley.org/2021/02/12/did-the-democrats-tank-the-second-trump-trial/

excerpt:

That is why I have referred to their case as more emotive than probative. It lacked direct evidence to support the claim that Trump wanted to incite an actual insurrection or rebellion against the United States, as alleged in the article of impeachment. I do not believe that an acquittal was inevitable in this case, but it was all but assured by critical decisions made by the House in this impeachment. The unforced errors discussed below raise the question of whether the Democrats 'tanked' the trial. . . .

The House is not alleging reckless or negligent conduct leading to a riot. It is alleging incitement to actually seek rebellion or overthrow of the country. The article specifically refers to section 3 of the 14th Amendment in its prohibition of anyone holding office if they 'engaged in insurrection or rebellion against' the United States. Even moderate senators who condemned Trump for his speech would be highly unlikely to convict on such an article. The House made it easy on those seeking acquittal. . . .

The House brief in the Senate further highlighted the lack of direct evidence on Trump’s state of mind. It laid out an emotionally charged but legally incomplete case for the Senate. To convict, the House needs to show Trump was more than reckless. It crafted the article as inciting an actual rebellion or insurrection, not mere negligence.​

basso likes this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

I knew this whole impeachment thing would end up being nothing more than a bunch of fckery. Politicians facing consequences isn’t something that happens often.

I’m not even mad right now...I just have this feeling of “I give up”

there’s nothing that will be done...nothing ever is when it comes to these politicians

What’s gonna happen to these 43 individuals? Probably nothing more than a bunch of angry tweets they won’t even see

7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Uh, WaPo (erroneously?) reported Toomey voted with the 56 others to convict.

rocketsjudoka likes this.
  8. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

just stop posting you ****ing traitor. Nothing you share or write yourself is intelligent, well-reasoned or even factually accurate most of the time.

We get it - you hate the coloreds and hate anything that benefits someone other than you and your self righteous white Christian fellow ideologues. And I’m sure you’ll cling to your hate until you meet your maker. Hell, even when you do reach the pearly gates (or its equivalent), you’ll probably respond to enlightenment with a ridiculous anecdote from some right-wing provocateur.

9. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

wow.

Astrodome, SuraGotMadHops and durvasa like this.
  10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I see the latest report. Good then for Toomey

11. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Wow is more than you could muster when the President of the United States incited a crowd to ransack the Capitol.

More editorials please.

12. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

LOL. Pathetic. And Im not talking about those that voted against impeachment. You guys are so petty.

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2021/02/blame-it-on-the-bossa-nova.php

B-Bob likes this.
  14. subtomic

subtomic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Some of us take the tacit approval of an attempted insurrection seriously. What is pathetic are twits who’s act like they’re above it all.

15. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

16. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He did I edited the list down incorrectly. Eternity amended

Nook, B-Bob and rocketsjudoka like this.
  18. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

19. B-Bob

Not to interrupt your fun, but a few thoughts:
    • I'm surprised people thought this could have any other outcome in the Senate... but...
    • I get the severe disappointment, and not just for folks on the left. What 45 did was a direct assault on our government, not just its traditions. Forget the riot, but just consider that he tried to overturn a valid election, using a caustic stream of lies and thug tactics, all to keep himself in power. Ugly, ugly history being written, all with no punishment. So I can forgive people, not for full-on nasty posting, but for a perception that we seem to be drawing a historical line now: we aren't really serious, collectively, about conserving this system of governance. If one takes that view, then yeah, I think we can understand extremely hurt feelings.
    • Seeing the House managers' case, with the facts and chronology lined up, led some people to kind of relive the awfulness of that day, and it may be especially infuriating to see Senators who themselves were in some danger... just shrug at it to support tribalism and/or their own future ambitions.
    Being a cynical b*stard, I'm amazed they got 57 votes to convict 45. Being a cynical b*stard, I don't think this was a major line to cross but just the latest in 30+ years of lines. But I understand it if people think this was sort of a last chance to avoid fully jumping the shark as a country.

VooDooPope, Nook, jboslett and 8 others like this.
  20. B-Bob

Eternity Amended: My Life on a Basketball BBS by Sam Fisher (Simon & Schuster, 2021). *Starred review*

Nook and KingCheetah like this.