1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

43,409 fans attended the Astros regular season game in stormy weather on a weeknight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zergling, Jun 21, 2018.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They have nicer uniforms
    Tilman's got to fix what the previous owner did

have ugly uniforms and pander to overseas fans

He needs to make it the HOUSTON Rockets again, not the ZTE Rockets

smp likes this.
  2. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

3. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Astros are champions.

4. tobster

tobster Member

Question 1: Do you buy season tickets? If so what section and how many seats?

Question 2: You want the Rockets to turn away Corporate money if the companies who bought the seats don't fill them?

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I understand the game. Every 10 year old does.

6. Newlin

Newlin Member

Rocket fans showed up when it mattered. The NBA regular season has become one long exhibition season in many ways. Even players and coaches show little interest in the regular season.

7. tinman

Supporting Member

food is cheaper at baseball games

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

same...me at a baseball game until something exciting finally happens

[​IMG]

9. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Weathered the rain & crowds with my wife, 6 year old and 2 year old. Shout out & thanks to @The Cat when he retweeted the promo right after it was tweeted by the Astros. Otherwise I wouldn't have seen it so quickly. Got 3 $16 tickets and 30 minutes later it was sold out with cheapest tickets on seatgeek going for $110.

Got 3 rings. They wouldn't give one to our un-ticketed 2 year old.

Crowd was absolutely electric when we hit back to back to back home runs!!!

I have never in my life had such a hard time finding parking for a game downtown. That was unreal.

MMP is designed so much better than TC. I think that plays a major role. And I agree that Astros going back to original logo, original blue & orange..and rainbow...that was the best damn thing they could've ever done. Rockets desperately need to up their game on jersey & logo.

10. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

First World Series title in Houston. Let the people be.

rocketman12 and tinman like this.
  11. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

If the rockets win the championship and hand out replica rings, I guarantee that it will be the hardest ticket in town even if it’s on a Monday night in December against the Nets opposite the Texans on Monday football when it’s 40 degrees and in a torrential downpour.

The Hunted, YOLO and Bobsputin like this.
  12. tinman

Supporting Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

look at what happens on their own giveaway nights when limited bobbleheads are handed out. what a surprise, people line up early for them and get tix to the game

rocketman12 likes this.
  14. tinman

Supporting Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. tinman

Supporting Member

Only one Rockets Logo has the Word: HOUSTON
    or the letter H
    visible.

[​IMG]

Houston Astros

[​IMG]

Houstunna likes this.
  16. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

To be fair, the Astros are kind of turning into that team...except with generally likable players.

Either OP is new to Houston or he just has a dislike of the Astros for unknown reasons. The Astros have always been above the Rockets in the favorite teams of Houston...with the exception of the championship years. Doesn't hurt that they won the World Series just last season and are looking at a very good chance of repeating.

legacygt777 likes this.
  17. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Replica ring is free to those attended, on the secondary market it is a pretty penny. The game was sold-out within 12 hours of Astros announcing the Tampa Rays date would be replica ring day that was around late-April. I believe they will do another replica ring day this season, probaly another Monday, or Wednesday game against a bad team like the Rays, or Marlins. No way they will do promo on Tuesday because you can't beat $1 dog promotion. You could only buy tickets the day before, or on the game at more than the ticket value. Baseball is going to draw better because of family atmosphere like Picnic at the Park, Run The Bases, or Fan Fest. Basketball doesn't have the level of family involvement like baseball. Rockets doesn't have fan fest, or go to the floor and shoot FTs unless you are VIPs, or with deep pockets.

18. Zergling

Zergling Member

This is literally the only point of my OP.

The problem isn't that the Astros can create this sort of atmosphere in a meaningless regular season game. The problem is the Rockets can't. Not only can the Rockets not pull this off, their home crowds are absolutely pathetic for a championship contender.

Management has to do better, period.

19. tinman

Supporting Member

It's going to be hard to undo what Les has done to the Rockets.

He went all into getting the Houston part out of the it and concentrated on international marketing efforts.
    This made him a very rich man regardless of how many empty seats are at Toyota Center.

Zergling likes this.
  20. smp

smp Member

I never really noticed how "Houston" was completely removed from the Rockets logo until you pointed it out.

I really don't think Les polled Houstonians about any of those terrible uniforms he put out there. I see more old school Rockets gear around town than the new stuff.

We really need to go back to the classic colors and logo but "refresh" them. The Astros did a great job with it. There is definitely something to be learned there.

Zergling likes this.