1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

#4 Pick Trade Packages

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Landry's Tooth, May 16, 2023.

1. RedIsen

RedIsen Member

I don't think the Rockets have any players that move the needle for Portland.

If Scoot drops to 3, I think Washington should be all over this deal.

TimDuncanDonaut, madbomber and Caesar like this.
  2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Scoot is better than LaMelo (an all-star) and dame (a top 10 player)?

3. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

for a trade down option, how about a deal with the Wizards :

pick 4 for pick 8, Monte Morris, and a future first round pick.

Monte would be a great vet point guard option for us (great assist to turnover ratio, can shoot, experience playing with a great passing center), and we can just take whoever is still on the board of Jarace, Cason, and Hendricks.

I could see the Wizards liking Amen enough to do such a deal.

DaDakota likes this.
  4. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

This type of move doesn't move the needle. Rockets need more. They need star power.

arabrocket likes this.
  5. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Sengen, KMJ, two future firsts for #3. We keep #4.

Do they say no?

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

We can't even get Jalen Green to improve from 34% from 3, what makes anyone think we can take a guy who shoots like a drunk middle school kid and turn him into even a mediocre shooter?

8. Ish

Ish Member

If Ty Lue leaves clippers
    They might start rebuilding

Would you guys consider the 4th and with a couple of futures or swaps maybe Tate kj martin, josh Christopher for either
    kawhi or pg13 just if we sign harden to play pg?

9. Landry's Tooth

To Nets
    Nurkic, Tate, and Little
    #4 pick
    2024 Brooklyn #1
    (2) 2024 2nd rounders from Blazers

To Blazers:
    Bridges, Claxton, Martin

To Rockets:
    #3 (Scoot), Sharpe

We get Scoot at the cost of Tate, Martin, and Brooklyn pick to facilitate draft capital for Bridges by Portland.

Sharpe is a flyer as a hedge on Green.

We still have #20...

Portland then has:

Lillard
    Simons
    Bridges
    Martin Jr
    Claxton

Corpusfan and mathor like this.
  10. Landry's Tooth

To Nets
    Nurkic, Tate, and Little
    #4 pick
    2024 Brooklyn #1
    (2) 2024 2nd rounders from Blazers

To Blazers:
    Bridges, Claxton, Martin

To Rockets:
    #3 (Scoot), Sharpe

We get Scoot at the cost of Tate, Martin, and Brooklyn pick to facilitate draft capital for Bridges by Portland.

Sharpe is a flyer as a hedge on Green.

We still have #20...

Portland then has:

Lillard
    Simons
    Bridges
    Martin Jr
    Claxton

11. Ish

Ish Member

you think Portland would take that?

12. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Unpopular opinion: if OKC called us up at pick #12 and offered all of our draft picks back and there’s somebody we’re content with at that position, I don’t think a trade down is a terrible option.

This where you have to really lean in your scouts and trust the front office. If Amen is “that guy” then, by all means, go for it. I’ll support the decision. But if there’s doubt or a suspicion Thompson is a project that’s years away from being an impact player, I think all options should be on the table.

Amen’s ceiling is certainly higher than, say, Cason Wallace, but who’s more likely to make an impact on day one? Not only that, but his hustle and on-ball defense is the type of presence this young team needs to see more of in practice and on the court.

That said, I think the much more likely outcome is we try to trade up; not down. Just saying, there are other options too.

Williamson likes this.
  13. Caesar

Caesar Member

I've been hoping for homegrown, but it'll still feel homegrown with Jalen, Jabari, Alpi and Tari. Use the #4, #20 and a player or 2 for Jaylen Brown or Bridges and sign Harden and some vets/locker room presence.

14. Asian Sensation

Yeah looks good for the Rockets of course. You’re underestimating Bridges value/worth. Brooklyn will want way more than that for Bridges.

Portland also views very highly of Shaedon Sharpe. Probably equally or greater than how Rockets view/are hopeful of Green/Bari.

We will have to give up pick 20 and something much more valuable than an expendable player like KJ and trash Tate. Portland will want more as well. DFS and more picks. Expect to give up Sengun or Parker at minimum. And no way KJ starts over Grant for Portland.

15. Caesar

Caesar Member

Yeah Bradley Beal seems like the only option realistically for Portland to team Dame with. I think it's too similar to Dame and CJ and wouldn't win anything, but it's better than doing noting and Beal can defend which Lillard needs in a SG.
    Washington gets to rebuild with Scoot or Amen and we get whichever drops assuming Charlotte keeps their pick and selects Miller for fit.
    Washington can do this and still have their 8th pick. Maybe they could envision pairing the twins together.

I think we need to look into trading the 4 for a win now move and now i'm thinking we have to get Harden back and pair him with the young bucks and a Bridges or whoever we can get with #4 and clippers pick.

Not feeling Hendricks at all. 6'9 215 F/C? Is he Robert Williams? Because Willimas was had in the late 1st. I don't see top 5 in Hendricks. I like his shot blocking and his contesting without drawing fouls, but in the highlights everyone is little going against him. NBA F/C's are too big for him.

16. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Can you make a single post without slamming Green? You are such a miserable troll.

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  17. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

No to kawhi and we aren’t signing harden

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I mean, he is one of the worst players on the team, making a few jokes at his expense is perfectly called for.

19. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Guys wake up if Portland wants to move the THIRD pick to contend they’re not going to take back the FOURTH and a bunch of our 20-win scrubs unless it’s a multi-team deal.

20. RedIsen

RedIsen Member

Sengun really helps their weak frontcourt, but I'm not sure if the pairing with Nurkic works. Maybe a third team gets involved, but I don't have the mind or willpower to think that through lol.

If I'm Portland, I'm also asking for #4. They have the leverage. But overall I think they'd rather have ready to contribute players like Beal/Porzingis/Beal rather than up and coming young players or picks.

Yeah I was thinking some form of Beal, Porzingis and Kispert would be floated out. Throw in Gafford, why not. Wizards get to retool and reform their identity and Blazers get some proven All Star level talent. Toronto with a deal centered around Siakam could also be in play here.

Unless there's somebody the FO absolutely loves, I'm also leaning toward moving off of #4 and getting contributing vet.

Hendricks I think is like a Robert Covington 2.0. He has a nice looking jumpshot with the frame, length, and instincts to defend up and down positions. Occasional minutes as a small ball 5, but I think he's more SF/PF than F/C. He's similar to Jarace Walker in that they're seen as very high floor players with less obvious paths to being All Stars. Not a super exciting prospect, but he fits what the league looks for in big forwards, and he should be solid on both ends.

No Worries, Caesar and Rockets FTW like this.