1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

3rd All-Star Returns

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jan 3, 2013.

1. RioFan

RioFan Member

Lin fans are smart. If the returns showed JLin in the lead there would be a push by the media to get CP3 more votes.

Lin fans are waiting to make the final push now to overtake CP3 in the final vote. Many CP3 fans won't vote because they see him leading and won't look deeper into the results showing JLin is only behind by 50K.

The more exposure JLin gets the more likely he'll get the benefit of a doubt on the foul calls.

2. mirus

mirus Member

of course it's the latter.regular fans perhaps have paid regularly for merchandises and stuffs.its the income from casual fans they want.
    If you want another player to get in,why dont you vote for them?:confused:
    personally i'm fine whether lin is in or not.

just a disclaimer i'm not voting anway.way too busy to do it.:grin:

3. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

If you want to argue about a player NOT deserving to play this year because of poor performance or lack of games played, add the following players to the list:

Frontcourt
    Kevin Garnett (Bos) 390,751
    Tyson Chandler (NYK) 315,752
    Shane Battier (Mia) 107,190
    Amar'e Stoudemire (NYK) 104,109
    Andrew Bynum (Phi) 93,611
    Luol Deng (Chi) 90,736
    Brook Lopez (BKN) 76,695
    Jeff Green (Bos) 62,367

Backcourt
    Deron Williams
    Ray Allen (Mia) 232,441
    Raymond Felton (NYK) 77,123

Frontcourt
    Dwight Howard (LAL) 716,671
    Blake Griffin (LAC) 593,024
    Pau Gasol (LAL) 239,440
    Omer Asik (Hou) 160,935 (either way in my biased opinion)
    Serge Ibaka (OKC) 134,172
    Marc Gasol (Mem) 114,465
    Dirk Nowitzki (Dal) 106,623
    Metta World Peace (LAL) 106,025
    Chandler Parsons (Hou) 93,057 (either way in my biased opinion)

Backcourt
    Jeremy Lin (Hou) 605,624 (either way in my biased opinion)
    Steve Nash (LAL) 202,274
    Ricky Rubio (Min) 112,352
    Manu Ginobili (SA) 84,564

4. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

Looking at the list above there is no way this is not a popularity contest, and if you think otherwise, you're delusional

5. dragonz

dragonz Member

The idea is wrong in itself. If All-Star is the best vs best, what's it to NBA Finals, or Olympic games, or the new world championship they are making now?

It's a show, and stop whining

6. marry

marry Member

no,i am jeremy's fan, but i vote for harden and lin. vote harden more than lin

7. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Its a popularity contenst man.

8. rockettes

rockettes Rookie

all-star is in houston
    harden and lin will be in the all-star game

9. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

If Lin were to ever start infront of Westbrook and Paul. you would know its a popularty contest.

10. munco

munco Member

Big Lin fan but he's not even a top 10 pg this year. It would be pretty messed up for him to be voted in.

11. JJ23

JJ23 Rookie

I agree with you and since it is a popularity contest and it is in Houston, I have no problem whatsoever with any of our players getting in.

12. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Noone saying it's wrong, it's a fans choice so anyone they chose should get in.

13. dragonz

dragonz Member

Ye, you sound exactly like Mr. White.

"Just because NBA is a league requires travels and has a D-League for young player development, doesn't mean I need to adapt or accept it."

Nope, not mental health issue, its idocity.

14. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

That's a terrible analogy.

The term all-star in sports means the best performers in their respective fields, not the most popular. It just so happens that most of the time, the most popular players are also the best players.

15. manning

manning Member

All Stars is not a statistics award. Every rule has an exception...:rolleyes: I voted for Harden and Lin.And I also voted for Asik and Parsons. i don't care about others,for me, It's just a fan favorite award.

16. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

If that was the case, how come fans don't pick the other 14 players?

17. dragonz

dragonz Member

It's just a feel of similarity I get from these 2 current topics of this board.

And its obivious the NBA is interpretated the term of All-Star differently from you guys, but you guys just choose to ignore. I just thought its funny.

Sure, I would like to see the best of best to give their 100% going at each other in a game called All-Star Game, and I would like to see Lebron get into the dunk contest like he once promised, and lose... But those things ain't gona happen, what r u gona do?

You know what am I gona do in this kind situation? I vote for the players I think is worthy. I did not vote Lin on my own ballot, but I also do not go on Clutchfans and make posts whinning:
    "Blah Blah Blah... *** is unworthy... Blah Blah Blah ... you guys are morons for voting for him... Blah Blah Blah... why do they allow Chinese to vote..."

and this has happened from Yao to Lin, the unbiasness of Houston sports fans are so entertaning. Almost like the brother that never get your back in school, makes you wonder if he is from the same dad.

18. marry

marry Member

haha,now it is about fans favorite players.;)

19. manning

manning Member

I don't know. It's not my business...Is that important?

20. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I don't know how you can interpret the all star game as anything else other than a game where the best players in the league gather and play the game together.

I doubt the NBA all star game, or any other all star game was made so fans can see their favorite players play. If you wanna see your favorite player play basketball, you can go follow their teams for 82 games every season.

And by the way the Yao analogy makes no sense, Yao was a undisputed top 2-3 center for many years, maybe some years he didn't deserve to start, but he was no doubt an all star, mean while Lin isn't an all star just a fan favorite.